1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Censored Nas song on NBA 2k13

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by stefanb, Nov 5, 2012.

1. stefanb

stefanb Member

So, I was just playing NBA 2k13 and the song "The World Is Yours" by Nas is censored of course. I just thought it was interesting and strange that they censored the word "god" out of the line where he says "god bless your life, to my people throughout Queens god bless your life". What is your take on this? Is it necessary to censor the word "god" in song? I just don't understand. I'm not a super religious person either. I think the censorship in America is among one of the strangest in the world. You can see someone get killed on CNN or Fox News, films and television shows glorifying murder as if it is heroic or just. For instance, I was watching CSI one day and the "good guy" cop killed the villain in cold blood like it was nothing. Like it was the right or just thing to do. You can show all the gruesome violence on TV you want but just don't say a cuss word or a naked body while you're doing it and everything is OK. Just wondering what everyone's take is on this. I don't know if this is thread worthy but I figured, what the hell, I've seen some pretty terrible posts on this board as of the recent Jeremy Lin signing. This won't hurt.

2. BigBird

BigBird Member

They also censor out the line "obama on the text" in one of jay-z's songs. I think they're really just trying to not offend anybody.

3. stefanb

stefanb Member

Well they just shouldn't make the game at all then if they don't want to offend anybody. I mean that song by Jay Z where he says "CEO of the R O C" R.O.C. meaning Rockafella and crack rock is completely inappropriate. We have our priorities all screwed up.

4. IzakDavid13

IzakDavid13 Member

They also censor out 'going to burn in hell' in the Shook ones song.

5. JD88

JD88 Member

They censored "gay boys' out of The Hangover. Sad world we live in, be a shame to hurt someones feelings.