1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Celebrities at Rocket's Games

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by shipwreck, Jan 6, 2008.

1. shipwreck

shipwreck Member

I've only been to 6 home games this year, and I have been surprised at the number of celebrities I've seen at these games. I saw David Wesley waiting in line for concessions tonight, and he was the nicest guy in the world. He even told his friend on the phone to hang on so he could talk basketball with me for a second and take a picture with me.

I've also seen Mario Williams, Diddy (at other games) and both were very approachable and allowed me to take pictures with them. I saw Kevin Everett from afar tonight also, but figured he's got enough on his plate to be bothered by a peon like myself.

Sort of a pointless thread, but I was just wondering if anybody else saw them and had the opportunity to talk with them. I am always impressed when celebs aren't too full on themselves to take a moment and interact with the general public that gives them their career, notoriety, and supports them.

2. mrm32

mrm32 Member

The only celeb that matters...last season game 7...the great Hakeem Olajuwon was there sitting courtside :eek:

3. BrooksBall

BrooksBall Contributing Member

The words celebrity and David Wesley should never be used in the same sentence.

Replace the word celebrity with scrub and you will be good to go.

4. Kam

Kam Contributing Member

Booker T was at the game vs the Knicks.

Sucka.

5. TrailerMonkey

TrailerMonkey Member

Kinda harsh. You gotta appreciate the fact that ex-Rockets feel attached enough to the team that they'll come back and watch our games.

6. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Too busy looking for the boobies to notice any celebs.

7. Blue Brick

Blue Brick Member

This thread is going nowhere without pictures :eek:

8. YugoRocketsFan

Vince Young goes to games

Bun B went to the Rockets-Warriors game.

9. wolverinemich

wolverinemich Member

I just don't understand why people sometimes can be so mean. David Wesley used to be No. 2 guy in Hornets, and he served Rox well, even though he could have done a lot better. He was a legitimate NBA player. Why can't he be called a celebrity?

10. Dave2000

Dave2000 Contributing Member

Sage Rosenfels was at the Warriors game

Cecil Cooper, Booker T along with his "Dare Clutch" skit was there last night along

Andre Johnson I hear has season tickets

11. tulexan

tulexan Member

I think the Mavs game around Thanksgiving had a bunch of celebs. I remember seeing Mario Williams, Andre Johnson, P Diddy, and Eric Winston. They gave out a few signed balls in that game.

12. YugoRocketsFan

Well that scrub turned around our season, once we traded Jim Jackson for him.

13. mrm32

mrm32 Member

i forgot to mention i met slim thug last season at a plaoff game...i took a pic but too lazy to look it up :eek:

14. vtkp99

vtkp99 Contributing Member

yep, put the picture of Beyonce up and we'll talk :)

15. Matchman

Matchman Contributing Member

What? :confused: ? Beyonce was in a Rockets Game before?

16. Omer

Omer Member

She's from Houston isn't she?

17. BigM

BigM Contributing Member

sometimes i see t-mac, not often though.

18. shipwreck

shipwreck Member

Feel however you want about his level of notoriety or importance to the team, the real point here is that he put his personal cell phone call on hold to talk about the current rockets situtation (sp. aaron brooks play last night), about his help on the 04-05 Rockets, and to take a picture with me. This took about 90-120 seconds and he didn't seem to mind one bit.

I didn't even really have to flag him down, I gave him a look as if to say "are you david wes..." and he just laughed, nodded and put his phone down to shake my hand.

The point of my starting this thread was not that I am amazed to see celebrities at Rockets games, rather how impressed I have been with the patience/kindness of those I have talked to. Being recognizable is a burden to many celebs. I'll put up the picture when my girlfriend gets here with the digital camera.

19. shipwreck

shipwreck Member

I also just found out that Wesley is cousins with Michael Dickerson. Seems like I should have known that by now. Even more earth-shattering..... his full name is DAVID BARAKAU WESLEY.

just some tidbits for the wesley haters. cough* brooksball* :D

20. alexcapone

alexcapone Contributing Member