1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[CBS Sports] Rockets make Asik, Lin available in trade talks

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by J.R., Jun 30, 2013.

1. Matt78777

Matt78777 Member

reasoning? Rebuttal?

Either way, I don't see why people are so surprised lin and asik are on the table. Under the new salary cap, the salary construction that makes the most sense is max contracts + rookie level deals + cheap vets for exceptions (i.e. vet min, MLE, LLE). Given how well Morey plucks talent from the d-league and second round, the money spent on Lin and Asik would be more wisely used on adding another superstar.

2. Amel

Amel Member

This :cool:

3. iJHolmes

iJHolmes Member

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  4. MONON

MONON Member

I'm not surprised that they're on the table, just that they're on the table so soon. I didn't expect that until say the trade dead line.

5. PainNoLove

PainNoLove Member

lol at gif.

6. bizzyboi

bizzyboi Member

One possible scenario:

Morey trades Lin for draft picks. Future 1sts and picks acquired for Lin + Asik are sent to Portland for Lamarcus Aldridge.

Beverly
    Harden
    Parsons
    Aldridge
    Howard

7. anthony1604

anthony1604 Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p>Source tells me the Hawks are hoping Howard goes to Houston if its not them, plan on offering to s&amp;t Smith for Asik or get Asik outright.</p>&mdash; Jason McLaed (@InsiderJayNBA) <a href="https://twitter.com/InsiderJayNBA/statuses/351559617496629249">July 1, 2013</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

8. Rockets12

Rockets12 Member

9. NotInMyHouse

NotInMyHouse Member

[​IMG]

So happy for people like you to only be temporary, fair-weather fans prepared to jettison yourselves with your idol.

1 person likes this.
  10. Rockets12

Rockets12 Member

What does he mean by "get Asik outright"?

11. JayZ750

JayZ750 Member

That'd be pretty sweet.
    Not sure what get Asik outright means though. Just trade for cap space, since they have it?
    Seems like a win win for both teams, if Houston gets Dwight

12. Rockets12

Rockets12 Member

But the arrogant fans you speak of will be leaving along with their god

13. ivenovember

ivenovember Member

Wellllll........

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p>With the #17 pick in the NBA Draft, the Atlanta Hawks select Dennis Schroeder. (same agent as Adetokunbo, so obviously no hard feelings...)</p>&mdash; Jonathan Givony (@DraftExpress) <a href="https://twitter.com/DraftExpress/statuses/350424161564368898">June 28, 2013</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

14. roxallways

roxallways Member
    Supporting Member

Just brushing up on all the new developments. If true I wish Asik and Lin well. Appears Rox are serious about going to next level, hopefully they can get there with the moves they are about to make. I hate to see Asik go but Dwight gets this team closer to a championship. As far as Lin, the day Harden came here Lin just didn't fit. At times Lin and Harden appeared to play okay together but in the long run it just wasn't a good match. It didn't help that Lin had an abysmal playoff showing.
    Oh...and I'm EXCITED that moronic LOFs will hopefully be gone when Lin is dealt! Hallelujah!!!!

15. Juxtaposed Jolt

Barf. The Heat with an great center? :/

16. Spiegel

Spiegel Member

Chances of the blazers dealing with us are zero. They wont give us LMA to make an conference rival stronger and they have zero use for Lin

17. Matt78777

Matt78777 Member

I have a hard time seeing them go for that given that they are high on Meyers Leonard. Plus, they reportedly turned down Cleveland's offer picks 1 and 19 in this year's draft. The most we could get for Lin is 1 first rounder, and probably not for next year's heralded draft. Houston can't trade their pick from next year since you can't trade two in a row, and it's doubtful that after sending us 2 second rounders that they care too much about second round picks. our 2 random 2015 picks < Cleveland's 2 picks from this year.

18. ivenovember

ivenovember Member

It means not using Josh Smith S&T as the main portion of the deal coming over from ATL.

19. jason330i

jason330i Member

you are taking this way too personal.

players get traded all the time.

feel bad for lin since he hasn't really stayed with a team more than a year, but hopefully the next team will give him a chance to grow.

20. Ultimateian

Ultimateian Member

Who can hit the short range fade better, LMA or Jsmoove?