1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[CBS] Report: Sixers have reached out to Cleveland to trade for No. 1

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by rullrich, Jun 12, 2014.

1. rullrich

rullrich Member

http://www.cbssports.com/nba/eye-on...ve-reached-out-to-cleveland-to-trade-for-no-1

It sounds like Embiid is the Cavs choice and Parker is the Bucks choice so I can't figure out why the Sixers would give up Young and the No. 3 to draft the guy that is most likely falling to the No. 3 pick anyways. Dumping Young could actually net them something useful in return - doesn't make much sense to me.

2. ForTheWinYes

ForTheWinYes Member

The obvious answer is that the Sixers would draft Embiid with the #1 pick. I guess they're banking on the standard stupidity we've seen from the Cavs during the draft.

3. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

Thaddeus Young isn't an important piece. If that's what it takes to get the guy the Sixers surely want then it's worth a deal.

4. meh

meh Contributing Member

Really? Can he play PF? Seems a bit redundant to Noel. I figured no reason for the Sixers to move up since one of Wiggins/Parker will be available to them.

5. ForTheWinYes

ForTheWinYes Member

The Sixers suck. They're aim isn't to build a team right now. It's to get the best player possible. Embiid has the greatest chance to be a superstar player.

Do you think Morey cared whether Dwight could play PF because the Rockets already had a great center?

1 person likes this.
  6. Aleron

Aleron Contributing Member

If they got the #1, they'd be picking Embiid. Don't for a minute think they want to trade up for Wiggins

7. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

It is an open secret that Hinkie wants Wiggins.

The Cavs want to win now. The 76ers want to rebuild now.

If the Cavs had any brains or balls, they'd draft Wiggins and take whomever falls to the 3rd spot (probably Embiid anyway) and squeeze what they can from the 76ers.

• Thad Young, who wants out of Philadelphia (be careful what you wish for, bro?)
    • The 32nd and 39th picks in this draft?

Etc.

8. Johndoe804

Johndoe804 Member

Maybe the Sixers are trying to clear Young off of their books so they can get back some other expiring contracts.

9. aelliott

aelliott Contributing Member

If the target is Wiggins then that's the only way to be sure that the Cavs don't trade the pick to another team.

10. roflmcwaffles

roflmcwaffles Member

I think they want Wiggins and the Bucks could easily take Wiggins because he fills a need for them.

Hinkie plays highest potential players for rebuilding and Wiggins by far has the most potential of anyone in this draft. Embiid has good potential too, but I think a lot of people are using his height as more potential, which I don't believe matters much in today's NBA.

11. rocketblaze

rocketblaze Member

I have to greatly disagree.... Embiid has the highest upside in this draft.... and it's not even close.

Embiid has great footwork, great hands, and great athleticism. His height and length are just the cherry a top this potential super star big. This guy's two way potential is off the charts!

On the other hand, all of Wiggins potential lies in his athleticism. If it wasn't for his athleticism, I believe he would be an average prospect.

12. split41

split41 Member

You don't follow the sixers, thus you're comment is void. They don't want Embiid, the have Nerlens

13. rullrich

rullrich Member

That might be the most likely answer - I didn't think about that. Just 2 weeks until the draft so news like this should start picking up soon.

14. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

Nerlens is a funny a** name

15. jmcleod

jmcleod Member

Noel and Embiid would be an interesting big man pairing. I doubt Philly are worried if another lottery pick sits out the year due to injury. A shooting small forward with the #10 pick is easily attainable. I don't buy the Wiggins target at all though they'll take him at #3 and claim they got their guy regardless. Basic posturing I believe

16. meh

meh Contributing Member

In that case, the rumor should be Noel+3rd for 1st.

17. ForTheWinYes

ForTheWinYes Member

Did you just completely miss the point...or are you making a joke?

18. Pieman2005

Pieman2005 Member

The Rockets aren't going to draft Akeem Olajuwon, they already have Ralph Sampson.

19. Juxtaposed Jolt

Agreed. They're essentially drafting the same player.

MCW + Wiggins/Parker/Randle + Noel is just bursting with potential. I don't think it's necessary to trade up.

As long as you're in the top 4 picks, you should pick a winner.