1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA playoff action live, including KD vs. Ant and the star-studded Clippers-Mavericks matchup

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

CBS Rejects Gay Superbowl Ad

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Xerobull, Jan 30, 2010.

1. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

I personally don't care one way or another. It would probably be the most talked about superbowl ad if it aired. Typical Superbowl ads: Boobs, beer, boobs, beer, funny....gay! At any rate, they're getting publicity.

Link

[​IMG]

Jan. 29, 2010
    Gay Dating Ad Sacked before Super Bowl
    CBS Rejects Ad from Gay Dating Site Featuring 2 Men Kissing, Cites "Network's Broadcast Standards for Super Bowl Sunday"

(CBS) CBS has rejected an ad from gay dating site Mancrunch.com, telling the site that the ad "is not within the Network's Broadcast Standards for Super Bowl Sunday," James Hibberd reports at The Live Feed.

CBS released the following statement: "After reviewing the ad - which is entirely commercial in nature - our Standards and Practices department decided not to accept this particular spot. As always, we are open to working with the client on alternative submissions."

The dating site for gay men had hoped it could fork over $2 million or more to CBS in return for 30 seconds of air time.

Hibberd reports that CBS believed ManCrunch was trying to generate free publicity by submitting an ad they knew would be rejected.

"We're 100% serious," ManCrunch spokesperson Elissa Buchter said. "We have the money to pay for it. If the ad showed a man and woman kissing it would have been accepted. You see ads for erectile dysfunction morning, noon and night. It's discriminatory that they won't show this....They should call our bluff. If the ad doesn't air on the Super Bowl, it will air on another network. It's not like it plays like Adam Lambert [kissing another man on the AMAs]."

The Super Bowl, while perennially the most-watched television event of the year, has traditionally avoided the role of political platform, until this year.

Former Heisman Trophy winner Tim Tebow will star in a pro-life spot during the big game, too.

But, these ads have plenty of critics.

Before CBS rejected tha ad, the American Family Association President, Tim Wildmon, released this statement Thursday:

"CBS should not put parents in the position of answering embarrassing and awkward questions from their children while they're just trying to enjoy a football game."

2. ItsMyFault

ItsMyFault Contributing Member

Mazyar will be disappointed.

3. juicystream

juicystream Contributing Member

Being discussed in the D&D

4. The Real Shady

The Real Shady Contributing Member

Gay men don't like sports, however gay women do. Two girls kissing would have been a better choice for numerous reasons.

5. Rock3t Man

Rock3t Man Contributing Member

I thought it was funny! Whether or not they would have benefited from this I dont know but the look the black guy ahd on his face was hilarious.

6. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

Does it really matter? The Hangout is an entirely different forum IMO. I rarely go there. I don't like to debate for the most part, and steer clear of people who argue every damn thing for fun.