1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

CBS & PBS fires Charlie Rose following allegations of unwanted sexual advances

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by sugrlndkid, Nov 21, 2017.

1. mick fry

mick fry Member

But Trump?

2. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

analysis of how the explosion of sexual harassment cases has arisen in part due to Trump's election

https://legalinsurrection.com/2017/11/emetic-of-the-liberal-elites/

Emetic of the liberal elites
    Posted by William A. Jacobson Monday, November 20, 2017 at 9:00pm
    Built up anger of abused liberal women finally breaks through, enabled oddly enough by Trump’s defeat of Hillary.

I can hardly keep up with the daily revelations of yet another liberal entertainment/media/political figure being exposed as an *alleged* sexual harasser and/or abuser.

Not all the revelations have been about liberals (see, Roy Moore), but it seems that there is a liberal self-cleansing mechanism in progress when WaPo, the NY Times, and even Vox are turning on their own after years of looking the other way (or in the case of NBC, spiking the story).

This frenzy could be pure as the driven snow, a well-intentioned attempt to purge the liberal body politic in its many incarnations. Something just seems off, however, about the liberal fervor to drive liberal icons from liberal industries. Why now?

I think there are a few things going on here.

There is honest built-up resentment and anger among liberal women who have been the victims of predatory conduct by liberal men. They were expected to maintain their silence for the liberal cause, because to air their legitimate grievances would call into question the icons of Democratic Party history, the Kennedy’s and the Clintons, and the key funders of liberal causes in Hollywood and the entertainment industry.

Trump’s victory over a Clinton, oddly enough, freed liberal women to stop being silent about liberal male abusers in a way not possible after the Obama victory over Hillary in the 2008 primary. Obama co-opted the Clintons into his camp, appointing Hillary as Secretary of State. Hillary then became the presumptive Democrat nominee after leaving government. There was no breathing room for abused liberal women to escape the clench in which the Clintons held them until Trump’s victory.

That explains why the women are coming forward, but it doesn’t explain the seeming pleasure of the liberal media in telling their stories, and even seeking out those stories. So there must be more going on.

Major media, which has a vested interest in the success of the Democratic Party and the eventual defeat of Trump, knows that defeat of Trump cannot take place until there is a changing of the Democrat guard. The Clintons and vestiges of the Clintons must be purged, and what better way than to portray the party and liberalism as a coming to grips with the past abuses of Bill Clinton as covered up by Hillary. The major media now is acting as something of a truth and reconciliation commission, in which exposure of others in addition to the Clintons is necessary.

Additionally, that purging of the Clintons is necessary for the progressive wing to take over. The Clintons, and all that the Democratic establishment represents, is entrenched even in defeat. The airing of grievances against the Democrat harasser/abuser in chief, and his henchwoman, is necessary for the party to move on to it next, more radical, phase. That more radical phase will have people like Keith Ellison, who is being promoted as a replacement for Al Franken, in leadership.

Last, but certainly not least, is that that having harassers/abusers in their midst hamstrings #TheResistance in its most important life goal, attacking Trump. I’ve seen a lot of liberal media and #NeverTrump Republican types pushing the meme that since people believe the accusers of liberal Democrats, they must also believe the accusers of Trump. I don’t think that will work, but it’s understandable that it’s being tried.

I’m not sure how this liberal purge ends. But it’s long overdue.

Astrodome likes this.
  3. Astrodome

Astrodome Member
    Supporting Member

Impeach Trump now!!!!!

Arghhhh

I will admit that I didn't think the liberal media had it in them to crucify their own. Kudos for that.

#4 Astrodome, Nov 21, 2017
    Last edited: Nov 21, 2017
  4. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

With this whole #metoo movement I am surprised it hasn't hit sports yet.

5. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

It's coming. Everybody is going down.

RedRedemption and MexAmercnMoose like this.
  6. Granville

Granville Member

As a married guy, when interacting with women, my motto is never do or say anything to a woman that I wouldn’t if my wife were standing beside me.

FranchiseBlade and durvasa like this.
  7. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

I'm a bit worried. I've been sitting here waiting for it...and I just hope a certain bearded superstar has behaved himself among all the female companionship he seems to enjoy in his off time.

But looking at the trends, it's likely going to be someone that is presented as clean, family man, and a bit unexpected...probably some Warriors point guard or something...

8. SirIvyLeague

SirIvyLeague Member

It's why you're a cuck.

SIL

9. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

That still might not work. You can compliment a woman on what they are wearing and some might think that is too far. Especially if you're not a 10 with a gematria score of 33.

#10 DreamShook, Nov 21, 2017
    JayGoogle likes this.
  10. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

I think that 'liberal purge' is good. Those old bastards are out of touch anyways.

One would think now's their chance to bring in some fresh blood that independents can like and relate to...and Bernie F'n Sanders is not fresh blood

At least he can tell his wife word for word what triggered that person.

11. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

Okay, edited for hilarity...

LMFAO -- that dude shouldn't worry. He can make up an ending with the word liberal in every phrase, just like he made up that "essay." What a window into mental illness.

I welcome a purge of old harassers from every walk of life and every political party. Liberals and otherwise. Perhaps the point of his essay is that liberals (liberal liberals with liberal sauce) will be the most likely to actually hold their creeps to account, instead of making up disgusting crap about how 14 year old girls have a purity that rightfully attracted certain candidates for the Senate. Yuck, no thanks.

#12 B-Bob, Nov 21, 2017
  12. MexAmercnMoose

Good....take em down, all of em

13. Buck Turgidson

That whole article sounds incredibly Soviet.

Reading a fantastic book right now, set in North Korea: The Orphan Master's Son

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Orphan_Master's_Son

Nook and Rocket River like this.
  14. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

Incredible book -- stuck with me -- and the comparison works. Had not considered it, but yup.

15. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

Let see.

If I come out, I get attacked. Abused again? How will society view me? It's quite rational to stay quiet. 1 of 3 been sexually harassed. 1 of 6 been sexually abused. 2 of 3 do not report.

Why now? Snow ball effect. Strength in number.

If this was a conservative only world, that snow ball would have been destroyed by now. Back to your closet and be quiet.

16. Buck Turgidson

I read Part One in one sitting a couple of nights ago, couldn't put it down.

17. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

I would call this a half baked opinion from a right wing blogger more than I would some sort of expert analysis.

Women are coming out against every man in power who has abused it from every angle not just “the liberal media” or whatever you guys think is pulling the levers of your paranoid little world of a right wing follower.

You are leaving out major instances such as Bill Orielly, Roger Ailes, Roy Moore, etc. where the accusers are coming from the home base of the Right. Hell multiple Roy Moore’s accusers are Trump voters from Alabama for crying out loud.

I think this type of thinking really minimizes the complexity of what is shifting in our culture. The DNC and people like Keith Ellison/Perez have their own issues to deal with that are far bigger than organizing some complex MeToo campaign to secretly purge the DNC.... like how the DNC is nearly 4 million in debt and how the RNC has a 20+ million surplus from their donors heading into 2018.

But I will say that Trump is having an effect where liberals and basically decent people in general truly want to be better than Trump and the Republican Party. They look at Trump literally saying yesterday that a vote for tax cuts for billionaires is so important that I will stand with a child molester over a Democrat whose biggest sin was prosecuting KKK murderers and people are saying we cannot abide by those standards.

So yeah Trump is having an affect. But it’s not something as small as a DNC party purge. It’s a purge of the standards we set in society in general. Child molestation, sexual assault, and abuse on women shouldn’t be tolerated regardless of Party or your position on tax cuts for billionaires.

Charlie Rose... good riddance.

18. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

All you men who are just accepting these allegations as true need to really think about these more critically.

Everyone is just running with these ladies words. Just because women were not in position to defend themselves in the past doesn't mean we should now just take anyone's allegations for truth. That won't make up for the past. Their has to be more due process in these stories.

19. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

We're not but if you'll notice he accepted responsibility to at least some of the harrassment alleged.