1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Cato for Croshere

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by New Jack, Jul 3, 2000.

1. New Jack

New Jack Member

How about this trade idea:
    Rockets get:
    Austin Croshere
    Chris Mullin

Pacers get:
    Kelvin Cato
    Walt Williams

-Pacers become a more athletic team, they get a replacement for a retiring Rik Smits + they get the defensive minded center that they need in case they meet SHAQ or ZO in the playoffs.

-Rockets get their man Austin + they’re getting Mullin in the last year of his contract so they can free up cap space to get Webber.

This would be my dream lineup for the 2001-2002 season:
    C: Eddy Curry or Loren Wood or Tyson Chandler via 2001 Draft/ Jason Collier
    PF: Chris Webber via free agency/ Kenny Thomas
    SF: Austin Croshere/ Dan Langhi
    SG: Shandon Anderson/ Cuttino Mobley
    PG: Steve Francis/ Moochie Norris

------------------
    You ain't gotta like me, you just mad cause I tell it how it is, and you tell it how it might be.

2. NIKEstrad

NIKEstrad Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Croshere is not signed. If he were to be signed/traded, he'd have to first accept it, and it'd have to be for the right amount. If he were to be signed/traded, Mullin couldn't go along with him. Cato is BYC, he can only be traded to a team with capspace, or a deal COULD be worked involving the Pacers exception, but for that to happen, Croshere would have to sign for no more than 2.66666 million. Not happening.

------------------
    The more lefties on your team, the better.
    Collier is Seven Foot and Left Handed. How can you go wrong?
    Trade or bench Kenny Thomas.

3. DEANBCURTIS

DEANBCURTIS Member

As good as Austin is, I won't deal away the Catomic Bomb.

------------------
    I AM SPARTACUS

4. MManal

MManal Member

No way do I make this deal. If the Rockets are going to deal Cato, it needs to be for Marcus Fizer.

------------------
    Check out the Best Source for Draft Info

Draftsource.net