1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Carmelo Anthony puts hit out on social media w**** via twitter

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Rehabstudios, Aug 29, 2010.

1. Shaud

Shaud Member

Unless we have NBA champions on this board the Championship character line pretty much means nobody on this board knows what Championship character is.

2. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

So, I've been searching for a fairly recent post from you that quotes JVG when it helped your argument.

LOL - look what I found.

http://bbs.clutchfans.net/showpost.php?p=5446614&postcount=107

3. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Something "Like" Melo, but not Melo.....since he became available, and I reviewed the way he would fit in the team, I decided that he was not worth it, especialy with his low character.

So, if you like, I changed my mind once I became more educated on what Melo is and more importantly is not.

If he was like Durant in character, I would love to have him, but I don't think a thug can lead a team to a championship, I want people that are responsible for their own actions and demand perfection from others.

Melo is just like Tmac in that when things go wrong, he looks for the easy way out.

This whole "Twitter" deal is just the latest example of a man with a poor character.

Do not want !

DD

4. sammy

Yes. I was waiting for your pathetic attempt of trying to explain yourself.

5. DaDakota

Well don't ask for an explanation if you don't want the answer....

I said after researching Melo, that I made a more informed decision, and changed my mind.

I have angered you Samwise Gamgee, please tell the Gaffer, I am sorry.

DD

6. sammy

I didn't ask for an explanation. I take everything you say with a grain of salt. You've always flip-flopped. We expect these types of things from you.

You're the Richard Justice of the board.

1 person likes this.
  7. DaDakota

Yes, true, when new information comes along, I factor that into my decision, and if a change in direction is needed, I make it.

Can't be too married to one way of thinking now....

Though, Ironically, I get accused of both flip flopping and being stubborn.

Can't win for losing I guess.

DD

8. MiracleShot

MiracleShot Member

I guess I'm joining the DD haters on the board. I've never criticized you DD because you're entitled to your opinion but SERIOUSLY So what if JVG has never been part of a championship, neither have YOU. He actually coached NBA teams. Also, do you know Melo personally? No. If some groupie was telling your newlywed wife that she was sleeping with him would you get mad? Yes! Stuff like this happens all the time, it's just a big story right now because he's a basketball player.

9. DaDakota

Miracle......re: JVG

Don't like him as a coach...my opinion is skewed in that direction, so take anything I say about JVG with a large dose of salt.

Re: Melo - I agree, he lost his cool.....my problem with him is his trying to cover it up instead of just owning up, saying he lost his cool and that the woman should leave him and his wife alone.

When you are a "Duck responsibility" person, that shows low class....

Melo has not done much to impress in the class department.

DD

10. flamingdts

flamingdts Member

So much irony.

Yet when Melo claimed his twitter account was hacked you fault him for not owning up to his mistakes.

This isn't even about basketball anymore, it's about character. You don't know him, you don't know his character, so who do you think you are to judge a person you don't know?

Put your ridiculously bias opinions aside DD and talk basketball. Von Wafer is cancer, but you sure as hell had no problem keeping him and bringing him back after he was kicked off his new team.

Melo is not a team killer, he brought his team closer to the finals than anyone else on the Rockets. Even the cancer Wafer helped our team on many occasions.

11. Rehabstudios

Rehabstudios Member

So you want Von Wafer cause of his bench scoring ability, despite his character. But you don't want Melo because of his character, despite his superstar scoring ability.

And to say you have done your research on him... lol... What, did you interview old school teachers, check records from his shrink, or dig through his trash to get the real picture of the essence of Melo? lol

Everyone has a right to their opinion and to change their mind. However you lose credibility when you shout how right you are about something, then the next time you are back up on your soap box you directly contradict what you were saying last time.

And to those of you who figure Melo should "man-up" and admit to doing something illegal, if you haven't turned yourself in EVERYTIME you have done something illegal you shouldn't be throwing stones. If you have ever been speeding, turn yourself in. If you downloaded "free" music or movies, turn yourself in. If you have copied and pasted proprietary property for a website, turn yourself in.

1 person likes this.
  12. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

There's a difference between disrespecting someone and advocating or approving the beating and abuse of women.

lol @ people who are misogynist internet weenies who think it's ok to beat on women for any reason.

1 person likes this.
  13. DaDakota

Comparing a bit time role player who has character issues to having the leader of your team be the one with character issues is not even remotely in sync.

Come on folks.....get reals !!

DD

14. Dave_78

Dave_78 Member

Meanwhile...

Awesome

2 people like this.
  15. Outlier

Outlier Member

You pwned this fool!

16. Clips/Roxfan

Clips/Roxfan Member

Kat Stacks files police report against Carmelo Anthony

Mon Aug 30,2010 8:04 PM ET

By John Krolik

Earlier this week, Nuggets (for the time being) small forward Carmelo Anthony found himself involved in a bizarre controversy involving twitter, Anthony's wife La La Vasquez, and Kat Stacks, who is apparently an internet groupie of some description.

Essentially, Anthony tweeted that he would give $20,000 dollars to anyone who would "slap the (expletive) out of Stacks," right as Vasquez was tweeting about her disdain for Stacks and saying that her husband was on "a twitter roll." (Here's a helpful recap of the events, courtesy of SB Nation's Andrew Sharp.)

Carmelo is now claiming that his twitter account was hacked, but Stacks is apparently not buying it, as she tweeted that she filed a police report on Anthony a few hours ago. We'll keep you updated if this turns into a significant issue for Anthony.
    Categories:
    Nuggets

http://probasketballtalk.nbcsports....les-police-report-against-carmelo-anthony.php

17. Mr. Space City

i don't condone beating women but in that same breath some women take things too far and kat stacks is one of them.

18. Mr. Space City

lol that kat stacks is going to file a police report when she just released a video of her in a room with cocaine and there are instances where she openly said she received money for sex which is considered prostitution.

melo was trippin tho. if you're gonna put a hit out on her at least get lala to confront her and they settle it.

19. DaDakota

Even a broken clock is right twice a day.

:)

DD