1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Carmelo Anthony gets knocked out, but play continues

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by TheRealist137, Apr 9, 2010.

1. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

Video:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6DCJXYbBB7w&feature=player_embedded

http://forums.realgm.com/boards/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=1001522

Gotta love JR Smith :grin:

lock if posted

1 person likes this.
  2. CheezeyBoy22

CheezeyBoy22 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Jr Smith is a dumbass...

3. Ricksmith

Ricksmith Contributing Member

jr smith should have his own reality show. the guy is off and on, but when hes on his game he can light up any team. but the guy makes some of the most bone headed plays ever! i used to want him on the rockets until i saw that clip the night it happened. your franchise player is laid the f out, and you go for a layup, then look at melo like he was in your way?! smh.

4. J-Mac

J-Mac Member

How did no one notice he was just laying there? LOL that was odd.

5. OGKashMoney

OGKashMoney Member

Kevin Durant's bones 1, Carmelo Anthony's head 0

KD needs to put some muscles on. His whole body is looking like Mutombo's elbows.

6. Shaud

Shaud Member

Everyone blames J.R. Smith but why did the refs not stop the play after the walk? I mean he never got up and it was a dead ball.

Sure J.R. Smith should have called timeout when he stole the ball but the referees should have never let it get to that point.

7. CheezeyBoy22

CheezeyBoy22 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Ok let me restate it...

JR Smith and the Refs are dumbasses.

8. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

They probably thought he was flopping... and they wanted to "teach him a lesson" by giving the Thunder an easy opportunity to score (which they blew)... however it seems Melo was actually hurt! :eek:

This was just poor judgment by the refs, I doubt they intentionally ignored Anthony for the sake of being bias to the Thunder.

9. Obito

Obito Contributing Member

Not only does he finish the game but shows how clutch he is coming through int he 4th, next night he drops 31 and gets the game winning block against the (Kobe-less, yes) Lakers.

Beast.

10. BasketballMind

BasketballMind Contributing Member

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/6DCJXYbBB7w&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/6DCJXYbBB7w&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

Just making it easier for folks.......I don't know about this though, it seems he licks his lips after being "knocked out"

11. Cohete Rojo

Cohete Rojo Contributing Member

I like how JR Smith becomes the whipping boy in this situation. There were four other players on the court, all of whom went back on defense and when they came up with the ball they all went back on offense and began running the play. The headcoach could have called a timeout when they had possesion.

Entire Nuggets team=failure

Don't count on these knuckleheads to knock off the Lakers.

12. R0ckets03

R0ckets03 Contributing Member

JR Smith a dumb ass?!?!?!

I can't state how much I hate that guy and I don't know why. He is one of five players that if ever became a Rocket would force me to stop being a fan.

(Boozer, Kirilinko, Josh Howard and Stephen Jackson being the others.)

13. nyu3

nyu3 Member

I like that the refs didn't stop play. Send out a message to all floppers that if you flop, you will be giving the other team an easy basket and/or costing your team a time out. It is up to the Nuggets to call timeout after the dead play or regaining possession.

14. Warning-Sign

Warning-Sign Member

That is so fake, Melo thoughts "I'll just pretend to be hurt and I won't feel bad that every one was concerned afterwards, now I have to go along with this the rest of the night."

15. fredy

fredy Contributing Member

Ok, that is just funny. When the first dead ball happened why didn't someone stop it, nothing was going on. Aren't they human?!?

16. Shaud

Shaud Member

If the refs want to send out a message to players who flop, how about they stop falling for it so much.

17. npz

npz Member

The refs have no power to stop a play due to injury. The teammate has to create a stoppage.

18. tinywang

tinywang Contributing Member

Considering Melo was okay,

I found the whole incident to be freakin hilarious! I was cracking up pretty hard when I first saw the highlights on sports center. hahahaha :grin:

19. fmp087

fmp087 Member

Melo exaggerated that "injury" like crazy.

20. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

Would have been funny if JR Smith had gone for the dunk and then stared down Carmelo while he was still on the floor. I wouldn't put it past him...