1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Carlos Correa to the Twins - 3 Years, $105 Million

Discussion in 'Houston Astros' started by TheresTheDagger, Mar 19, 2022.

1. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

You have issues. Lie? He stated he didn’t want to play 3rd base. Everyone has a price. The ****, I don’t care enough to lie about Correa.

2. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

Lie? LOL. He stated he didn’t want to play 3rd. He changed his mind. That is not a lie. Oh, You lied when you said it was Dusty’s last season. It is not. Is that how it works? Dumbass

3. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

Never said refused. Said he want to, preference to play SS, based in past reports. He obviously changed his mind for $300+ mil.

4. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

So his "preference" was to play SS. According to reports he was also willing to move to 3B during last year's free agency period.

And just a couple of posts above this one you are saying he said he DIDN'T WANT to play 3rd. Any links to THAT quote once he became a free agent after the 2021 season?

Here is a quote from Correa from 2017 when he agreed to play 3B for the Puerto Rico WBC team. Pretty sure his "preference" was to play SS.

"There's not any selfishness on this team at all," Correa said. "We have a great group of guys and talented players like Lindor and Baez and other guys. I told them I have no problem playing third base. It's about playing and winning. We want to win a championship, so let's do it."

My dinner preference tonight is for a rib eye, but that doesn't mean I won't have a sirloin.

5. bobrek

You just can't admit defeat. You cannot pull one quote from him. It's all speculation on your part.

Pretty sure no one doubts his preference is to play SS. Pretty sure most of us doubt your ability to pull a quote once he hit free agency saying he DIDN’T WANT (your words) to play 3B.

Wulaw Horn and YOLO like this.
  6. Marshall Bryant

Thanks for reminding me. There IS something about New York I like, sort of. The New York Strip Steak.

7. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

****ing semantics. Seriously? Playing 3rd for a few games in WBC is different that moving their permanently on your MLB. LOL

8. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

When the Dusty haters admit defeat about Dusty. That’s has happened.

9. bobrek

Still waiting for you to provide a quote.

10. bobrek

Perhaps i missed it, but did you ever admit defeat about giving O'Brien another year as head coach after the vast majority of this board was saying he needed to be fired at least a year before he actually was?

jiggyfly and the shark like this.
  11. Nick

Nick Member

Lol, there is no quote. Carlos has spoken more about how he could adapt to 3b with Lindor (when he was asked around the WBC) vs anything that he’s insinuating. He’s also talked more before how he likely eventually would end up at 3B.

And honestly, the second Lindor gets hurt, Carlos will be back at SS.

12. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Member
    Supporting Member

All these accusations of lying.. What about when Correa said he loved Juicy Lucy's, the MN State Fair, and loved playing for Rocco Baldelli?
    What about all the lies told to the good people of Minnesota:mad:;)

13. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

I wanted BoB fired after the Bills playoff game. Never wanted him as GM.

14. Nick

Nick Member

And he probably would have signed with them had they matched the Giants initial offer.

15. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

It was a quote before 2020. So I can’t find it. Yes, in 2021, he said he was open to it.

16. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Member
    Supporting Member

They offered him Juicy Lucy’s.. try getting those in the Bay Area or NY. A burger filled with American cheese might be banned under CA law. ;)

17. RunninRaven

RunninRaven Member
    Supporting Member

That's totally understandable what with the internet being in its infancy just prior to 2020.

marks0223, Wulaw Horn and Major like this.
  18. Major

Major Member

You can't even remember things you said 24 hours ago? Yikes.

Bregatron and Wulaw Horn like this.
  19. Wulaw Horn

Wulaw Horn Member

Half that? Dude, the Mets revenues are way more than that. They are likely getting close to that from their local TV deal alone.

20. Wulaw Horn

Wulaw Horn Member

In 2021, with attendance way down in NY because of local Covid stuff, the Mets pulled 150M in revenue from Citi field alone. Mets TV deal was worth close to 150M (not completely certain bc they own 65% of the RSN, but everyone agrees they are doing better then Philly which is getting 100M a year plus 20% ownership.
    MLB distributed 100M last year. It’s likely that the Mets 2022 revenues were 450M plus or minus. After this big spending spree and presumably generating additional interest it would be surprising if they Mets didn’t do 500M in revenue. If they make a big playoff run to the World Series that can be upwards of 75M in additional revenue. Absent the Mets winning the World Series I’d bet they lose money. Worst case it’s probably less than 100M. Cohen is worth 18B. He could sustain this payroll forever. If he’s getting 5% on his money (he’s getting more) that’s 900M in free cash every year for him. This is literally couch cushion money for that dude in that market.

robbie380, rockbox and Major like this.