1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Carlisle and Cuban complaining bout the refs

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by andyacecandy, Apr 24, 2015.

1. J.R.

J.R. Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Dallas head coach Rick Carlisle has been fined $25,000 for public criticism of officiating following 130-128 loss last night to Houston.</p>&mdash; NBA Official (@NBAOfficial) <a href="https://twitter.com/NBAOfficial/status/592025644197945345">April 25, 2015</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

2. Houston_Rockets

This is what happens when D12 is refereed correctly, you have a monster physically, with non stop motor, that can out jump everybody, and move is feet quicker then any Center in the league.

Just watch those highlights, even when the ball goes in, watch Howard working to get position under the board, he does it every single time and no one can stop him. When you let that fair battle under the board happen, D12 is a monster, but when you call a foul every time D12 breathes on someone, then Houston is absolutely beatable because we play no D when is not on the court.

And that is the main reason why they are crying, they want D12 out with foul trouble every single game.

1 person likes this.
  3. Rockets025

Rockets025 Rookie

Almost every single person that watches the nba complains and knows how inconsistent and stupid some fouls can be, but yet if you talk about it publicly the nba gets mad.

4. DAROckets

DAROckets Member

Wouldn't your boss get mad if you were dissing the product to customers ?

5. IBTL

IBTL Member
    Supporting Member

setting up the refs and NBA office for next game. Plagarizing Phil Jacksons move no less.

At this point it's one of the hail marys left in the bag..

6. Rockets025

Rockets025 Rookie

I don't think he turns into a more physical player when we he isn't getting call for fouls

I think the hood part of dwight is finally coming out. I've never seen dwight look like he's ready to throw down. Theres been times this series where I actually think "dwight chill out or your gonna get a tech or a foul" instead of the normal "dwight time to stop joking around"

7. charlieaustin

charlieaustin Member

Cuban will happily write the check for him.

8. Rockets025

Rockets025 Rookie

Haha trust me it's happened before but he knows I'm right when I do and that he needs to change something

9. Houston_Rockets

If you have this opinion about Howard then I imagine this is the first time you see him play in the playoffs. Dwight has played like this every single playoff game of his career.

He jokes around during regular season, it means nothing for him, when it comes to playoffs he is another beast, and when the refs let him use his body, no one can stop him from a physical standpoint.

10. Zboy

Zboy Member

Should have been $100,000

11. Zboy

Zboy Member

That call that the Mavs are complaining about....

It was a 50-50 loose ball.

Both Howard and Harris went for it.

The bigger and stronger guy won.

Watch the replay and you will see Harris holding one of Dwight's arm and then once he realizes Dwight will win the ball, Harris, being the flopper he is, decides to fall backwards.

Devin Harris has been doing this for years. He is a whiny little b**** and fits perfectly with the Mavericks team personality.

Cuban's and Carlisle's whining and b****ing reeks of desperation and being complete sore losers.

12. rocketsregle

rocketsregle Member

Would their fans have offered to pay it like Rockets fans did for JVG?

13. dandorotik

dandorotik Member

Absolutely right- he was a monster in Orlando and there was no clowning around then. I mean, c'mon, Kenny Smith said that in the 1990s, Hakeem Olajuwon he would have certain games marked on his calendar- in all other games, they went with Rudy's game plan and, although he certainly played hard, they were average to him. Those games he circled on the calendar were ones against San Antonio, New York, Orlando, Chicago, and Charlotte. There were 5 simple reasons: Robinson, Ewing, O'Neal, Jordan, and Mourning. He readily admitted he took it up an extra notch in those games.

And the playoffs, as well. Again, doesn't mean he half-assed it during the regular season. But certain games, and the playoffs, are a different animal.

14. Rockets025

Rockets025 Rookie

I know this is playoff mode but idk there's just something new like a ride or die type of mentality compared to before

15. Elienator

Elienator Member

I agree and think that's why Cuban's comments/actions make sense. He called out specific plays and he doesn't care if he's fined.

Carlisle's complaints were about the physicality of the game in general and playing within the rules. He did call out Dwight, but his comments were also as much about the referring overall. A coach's job is to motivate the team and help them prepare. It's not going to benefit his team if they call a more tight game considering how well gets to the line, he's sending a message that his team can't win a physical game, and essentially condoning not playing defense.

Maybe Cuban will be fined as well, but I think Carlisle being fined first is indicative of his overall comment on the officiating, not just Dwight.

16. frontline94

frontline94 Member

goes from 90-100% in reg season to 100-120% in the playoffs is the basic line of argument and that extra 10-20% can be the difference between brooms or game 7

17. J.R.

J.R. Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Carlisle: &quot;I'm going to fight for my team &amp; that's just the way it's going to be. I'm a lot like my owner. I'm going to fight for my guys.&quot;</p>&mdash; Earl K. Sneed (@EarlKSneed) <a href="https://twitter.com/EarlKSneed/status/592032840130297856">April 25, 2015</a></blockquote>
    <blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Tyson Chandler regarding rough play: &quot;Of course, you wanna retaliate. But it’s not smart. If I’m off the court, we’re really in trouble.&quot;</p>&mdash; Eddie Sefko (@ESefko) <a href="https://twitter.com/ESefko/status/592038231538970625">April 25, 2015</a></blockquote>

#157 J.R., Apr 25, 2015
    Last edited: Apr 25, 2015
  18. RayRay10

RayRay10 Houstonian

Mope, Dwight doesn't mess around win it comes this time of year. Why he got so offended when Kobe told him he'd "teach him how to win." Dwight knows how to win, go look at the team he carried to the Finals for Orlando. He was Hakeem like that year.

Dwight has a bad rep because the media likes to pile on when they see weakness. He had a bad breakup with Orlando (not all his fault), LA media got mad at him for not believing Kobe to be the one true savior and then leaving LA, and the rest of the national media picked up on that. Dwight has never changed on the court and never made excuses even though he hasn't been healthy for three years until now. If he stayed in LA, the media narrative would be completely opposite of what it is now.

19. Buzzlite

Buzzlite Member

People want to mock Dwight and call him "Soft" when he holds back, but when he imposes his will and dominates they wanna say that he is "too physical"....It's the Playoffs for a reason...Hypocrites smh

20. Akkuron

Akkuron Member

Yeah, cause Dwight is expendable for the Rockets, so we sent him in to get in the head of the mighty Tyson Chandler. Don't get me wrong, Rockets without Dwight can still beat the Mavs, Mavs without Tyson will get blown out by halftime, but really, "retaliate"? They were both pushing off each other constantly, it's not Dwight's fault that he's stronger.