1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Car Accidents

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Vengeance, Mar 25, 2002.

1. Vengeance

Vengeance Contributing Member

So how many have you been in?

I just got into <b>MY FOURTH</b> :eek:

But that's not truly accurate . . . it's really only 2. But only 1 that was my fault.

1. Westheimer when you are to get onto the Barker/George Bush Reservoir. It used to be this strange entrance where you'd have to yield to someone who is entering from the other side of the road (you'd understand if you saw it). Well, the dude in front of me stops at the Yield Sign. For no reason really. There was someone on the other side of the road who was gonna turn, but was a good 30 seconds from turning due to traffic. I almost stopped in time . . . bumped him. No damage to either of our cars. That one was my fault really. But he shouldn't have stopped there. Confused me :)

2. This is the semi-humerous, mostly strange one. In San Antonio, we were coming back from a club (Observatory), and I was driving my suburban with 6 people inside. We're sitting at the Jack in the box at 36th and Bandera, one car before the window. Just chillin', and I feel the car get bumped. I look in the rearview mirror to see if it was someone from behind, and there's no one there. Then I look to the right and this TOTALLY WASTED drunk guy starts backing up and driving away. Well, I pull up to the window and tell them to hold the order, and I start following this dude so I can get license plate no. and car type. He was so obviously drunk it was incredible. Dude drove around the parking lot and then out onto Bandera. He was all over the road -- we followed until Culebra/Bandera where I called the cops. I wish we'd followed him home, then called the cops. They said they couldn't do anything. No damage to my car. It was so strange though -- I mean, who the heck hits a car at a freaking drive through!! And I hadn't been there, he'd have hit the building!

3. I wasn't even in the car. I parked my father's Chevy 1500 pickup at Bellaire High School, as I was coaching at a debate tournament that day. Came out that evening, BIG dent in the door. I was disturbed because I SPECIFICALLY PARKED IT AWAY FROM OTHER CARS OR EASY TO HIT AREAS JUST IN CASE. Insurance took care of it.

4. About 1 hour ago. Gessner just before Westpark. I'm driving my new/old Oldsmobile '76 Cutlass Supreme Brougham. It's wet on the road. Guy in front of me makes a quick stop to turn left at a median. I had left enough room so that even after hitting the brakes and skidding, I didn't hit him (about 2 feet between us), but the guy behind me hit me. Not really any damage to my car. Rear fender bent down a bit, and the right "Reverse" light cover fell off. I'm sure I can find another one no sweat. Bumped me into Neutral. Nothing big for me at least. Other dude's car got mashed a bit in the front. What's strange is I called insurance, and the lady was like "Nah, it's not your fault at all. It's his fault. He'll talk to his insurance, and they can do their thing." I hope it's that simple . . .

All this after I <a href="http://bbs.clutchcity.net/showthread.php?s=&threadid=16768&highlight=safest+driver">tested to be such a great driver</a>.

2. Vengeance

Vengeance Contributing Member

<a href="http://bbs.clutchcity.net/showthread.php?s=&threadid=16473&highlight=safe+driver">Apparently we've had this discussion</a>.

<a href="http://www.ananova.com/news/story/sm_303755.html">Well, it could be worse</a>.

3. DiSeAsEd MoNkEy

im a really bad driver so if you ever see me on the freeway....

get VERY far away from me.

4. R0ckets03

R0ckets03 Contributing Member

Do you really look like a sick monkey?

5. Band Geek Mobster

If you guys see a red pontiac sunfire with a dude praying in the passenger seat and a chick chewing her nails and driving with 1 hand, then please stay far far away from the car...;)