1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Can someone please

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Since75, Dec 20, 2000.

1. Since75

Since75 Member

Tell me why Taylor played only 25 minutes tonight when it was obvious that he had a good rhythmn going with his shot tonight. I do not understand why he was sitting on the bench a majority of the 3rd quarter and until the 6 minute mark of the 4th. A lineup of a (unable to extend my arm to shoot) Mobley, KT, Cato, Norris, and ( I'm in a 2 week shooting slump) Williams will not make it. This is particularly true when the Spurs are simply playing a zone forcing an outside shot, when our usual shooters are injured. Mobley was nothing more than a decoy tonight. He still managed to jack up more shots than anyone else. I love his heart but he did not need to be the one trying to lead the team down the stretch. This was an ideal time for Mo to be given the ball to score. He had done so pretty well in the first half.

One other thing. How many times does it take for Duncan to score in the post before Rudy will decide to double team him and make someone else beat the Rockets?

It's time to start pointing a whole lot of fingers at Rudy and his stubborness to alter his attack. I don't care about his hunches and how they may and may not have worked in the past. It's almost like the invert is true now with Rudy. In the past the ball went into the post no matter what, now it's Cuttino or Moochie with the penetrate and dish. The only problem with that is, The Spurs were playing the passing lanes. It doesn't take a coach or a basketball mind to see that and adjust. I can accept a loss but not one that could have easily gone the other way if an obvious adjustment had been made. I apologize for ranting, but I'm becoming more and more frustrated and the young inexperienced excuse is not really valid any more.

------------------

2. GATER

GATER Contributing Member

Mo picked up his 4th foul early in the second half.

Moochie doubled in the 1st half, but wasn't tall enough to bother Duncan. Duncan passed out to open players who hit deep shots. SA leads the league in 3pt% making it hard to double Duncan when their "on" from the outside.

Duncan's abilities at shooting and passing makes doubling him a damned if you do, damned if you don't situation.

----------------
    GATER

[This message has been edited by GATER (edited December 20, 2000).]

[This message has been edited by GATER (edited December 20, 2000).]

3. aelliott

aelliott Contributing Member

This was an ideal time for Mo to be given the ball to score. He had done so pretty well in the first half.

Actually, Mo shot 1 for 5 in the first half. He got hot and hit 3 shots at the beginning of the second half.

------------------

4. OT

OT Member

Gater - you are exactly right in your answer. We were just lucky that San A played so lousy in the first 3 quarters.

------------------