1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Calling out the fans going to game 5

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by jVgOwnsYou, Apr 27, 2007.

1. aeroman10

aeroman10 Member

Pretty cool.
    So what are they saying and do they do that throughout the whole game?
    Looks more like a concert than a basketball game :D

2. alex_jr

alex_jr Member

They have 10s of different songs. They switch from one to the other....You can hear them change to a different song at the end of that clip....Yes, they pretty much do that through entire games... There isn't many people in there on this video...It's even more impressive when it's 20000 of them singing it but I couldnt find any videos of it :p It does happen though...

Here's a rough translation:

oooooooooh...it is a magical grass
    oooooooooh bring me a little bit to smoke
    so i can dream about my PAO (note: Panathinaikos)
    and shout out to god
    My panatha (note: panathinaikos), I love you
    like heroin , like a hard drug
    like hashish, like LSD, for you PAO
    the whole world gets stoned
    the whole world (note: this part is done question/answer style with the fans on opposing sides repeating each other)
    My Panatha
    my panatha
    I love you
    I love you
    Wherever you play I'll always follow you
    follow you
    PAO here
    PAO here
    PAO there
    PAO there
    Wherever you play, we'll always be together
    always be together

Repeat ad nauseum :D

Yes...they're a bit nuts :D....
    PAO home is considered one of the loudest/intense arenas in Europe.

3. Yaozer

Yaozer Member

That sounds pretty intense.. maybe we can start songs like that with the red rowdies and everyone will follow suit. We can do something native to Houston.. like a country song :D

4. dreammvp

dreammvp Member

well said...the people on this board reading this stuff are not the problem...its the people who stroll in 30 mins after tip off and go the bathroom or to get a beer every 5 mins and never yell.....you are preaching to the wrong person when you tell us to get loud

5. Gummi Clutch

Gummi Clutch Member

Game 2 i yelled so lound the guy in front of me watched the third quarter with his fingers in his ears. Then the fourth quarter he left and didnt come back!! Jazz Fan??? :confused:

Tonight I plan to do the same, but Im also bringing my drum. :D

6. EssTooKayTD

EssTooKayTD Member

Right...because a business man doesn't do business on weekends. They wouldn't want to seem professionaly...neither would their clients.

Our damn crowd wearing the same tshirt won't automagically bring us a victory. Our team playing better than crap as they have lately, will bring the win.

I mean I can certainly see the team looking at the crowd thinking, "man, why aren't they all in red? I just can't make shots now, I need their red power!!! I am POWERLESS!!!"

7. CrazyDave

CrazyDave Member

I think that's just it. You don't understand. We all know what you're saying, but what we are saying is that complaining about the crowd isn't constructive... not now. Also, I don't believe they want it more. They went down 2-0 on the road... the series went to Utah. They played harder and did better. We have to play harder... but I don't question the players or the fans desire to win this.

Believe me... it will be loud tonight.

I will say that a monday 7pm tip off makes things a bit tougher, but I still expect a solid crowd, and to have lost my voice by the end of it... again.

So, you're right, we should be loud. And we will be. But calling us out? I have to agree with those that have said if you aren't there, you just don't know, or at the very least are condescending and irritating to those of us that are going, for years and years, but especially right now... giving our all.

I know I know... you're just asking us to be loud.... but your choice of words and focus of point is what those of us that disagree are calling into question.

8. Rollinrockets

Rollinrockets Member

I havent been to this years playoff games in TC, but I went to both of them in SLC...and it was deafening...

I have been a Rox fan for year and season ticket holder from 1994-2001 and let me tell you...Ive never heard the Summit, CC, or TC as loud as it was here...not in the playoffs...not at all. It was unbelievably loud...ten minutes before the game right up until about five minutes after it was over. They booed the rockets from the intros to every time they touched the ball in the fourth...and cheered anytime the home team did anything whether the jazz were up or down.

I mean old mormon ladies were up on their feet screaming through bullhorns like they had fallen and couldnt get up...

No matter what the players say...I can tell it was rattling them...affecting their ability to communicate with each other and shoot freethrows etc.

We MUST have the same type of dusruptive atmosphere in our arena waiting for the jazz. I know this is preaching to the choir...but it must be said...

9. jVgOwnsYou

jVgOwnsYou Member

This crowd is....meh so far

10. pumbum

pumbum Member

toyota center is WACK

empty seats every where - crowd is horrible (cept for rowdies of course) - only time people stand up is to leave early to beat traffic.

11. JoshTheChild

JoshTheChild Member

i wish we would boo utah on every posession lol

12. rocket3forlife2

the bottom is always empty...look at the top!

13. KKick

KKick Member

Seriously, isn't this supposed to be the playoffs?

14. JoshTheChild

JoshTheChild Member

i thought it was

15. mmesser

mmesser Member

i see a lot of empty seats, but i think its the way toyota center is set up.

it doesnt looks crowded cause the seats are spread out, IMO.

i was at game 1 & 2 and it was LOUD, crowd was very into it.

but i do see people who dont stand when they should be. :mad:

16. jVgOwnsYou

jVgOwnsYou Member

Crowd was better in the second half...Good job guys.

I guess i can understand the hush in the first half. We really played ugly basketball until there was about 5 mins left in the second quarter.

17. CrazyDave

CrazyDave Member

Yes, and 7pm monday night start isn't exactly easy. Also worth mentioning, a storm was coming through, and there were streets near the arena closed for some sort of a Swat team police operation of some sort. Excuses excuses though. I hoped it would start better.

People filed in quickly though as it got under way, and it just got a little tense as the momentum seemed all on their side for a good while. Seeing Jack Nees and Steve Javie there didn't make anyone comfortable (That said can you believe he made the right call on that charge with 12.x seconds left?).

So, it did start slow... but improved quickly and did get loud. No we didn't have grandmas with bullhorns, but we had a lot of megaphones. I will say they had a giveaway of these foam glow stick baton things that, while they looked cool while the lights were out during pregame startup, made little to no noise when you bang them together. Why no one is making a noisy giveaway is beyond me. Those little clapper things they gave aways years ago in the red and blue days were cool, but mine are long since broken from years of use.

Anyway... hope it doesn't come back to Houston, but if it does... my section will be loud...again... and wearing red.... again. I expect the rest of the place will too. I think it's worth mentioning that if Houston was down 2-0 and came home and stole all the momentum for two games, as the Jazz did, we might be even louder too. It's all relative.

18. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Member

Next time, buy a ticket.

You're preaching to the wrong people here. Go find the richboys.net forum or the we-don't-stand-for-nothing-less-than-a-tshirt-giveaway-when-we-already-got-one-for-free-even-when-we-don't-deserve-it usenet and post there. It's stupid to sit there in front of your tv and complain about the crowd when the people you are complaining to are the ones that are sitting in the upper level screaming their asses off and can't talk for the next couple of days.

19. jVgOwnsYou

jVgOwnsYou Member

Damn. So harsh.

I'm getting sick of explaining myself so just scroll up and you'll find that I'm not trying to insult any of the fans. I just saw Utah's fan do a great job in games 3 and 4 and I was asking our fans to answer.

The Rockets have to play better to get better crowds. I understand that.

20. jVgOwnsYou

jVgOwnsYou Member

Oh and BTW. I will take your advice and by a ticket. If the rockets advance to round two I will be there wearing red and screaming my ass off too.