1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Lil Pun, May 16, 2011.

1. Lil Pun

Lil Pun Contributing Member

If this has been posted please lock. Did a search on Call of Duty and Warfare with no luck.

It seems quite a bit of info on this has leaked from multiple teaser trailers to logos to release dates. More information will probably be released next month at E3 but it is good knowing this is coming later this year.

Release date: November 8, 2011 (rumored)

Possible Logos??:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Teaser Trailers:

<iframe width="560" height="349" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/GG_JegQ2GhQ" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="560" height="349" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/3z_PR4Tg0fM" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="560" height="349" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/7NqwnraL1Pw" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="560" height="349" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/C_7_dYWMsL0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Possible Plot:

The leak in question came from website Kotaku and Activision's reaction to it presumably means it's all true. This includes existing rumours of a release date of 8th November and that the game is a collaboration between developers Infinity Ward, Raven Software (Wolfenstein) and Sledgehammer Games (a new studio set-up specifically to make Call Of Duty games).

The meatier part of the leak though includes a detailed synopsis of the plot, which we're not going to spoil here. The short story though is that the game starts just minutes after the end of Modern Warfare 2, as Russia continues its attack on the US and something very close to World War III breaks out.

The game will contain around 15 separate missions, switching between multiple characters and countries - as implied by the trailers. You'll get to play as a SAS soldier, Russian Federal Protective Services agent (a sort of modern day KGB equivalent), tank gunner and an AC-130 gunner.

There also seems to be mention of 'SEAL Team Six', suggesting that Activision is going to be taking full advantage of the group's new found fame following the killing of Osama bin Laden.

Got all of my information here:

http://www.metro.co.uk/tech/games/863344-call-of-duty-modern-warfare-3-confirmed-with-first-trailers

2. rrj_gamz

rrj_gamz Contributing Member

launching before xmas would be nice...

3. mylilpony

mylilpony Member

will buy......when its $19.99.

4. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

Good luck. Took 4 years for #1 to hit 20 retail.

5. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

They are using the same engine, but somehow are adding some level of destructable environments, vehicle usage......um yeah.

They feel the heat of Battlefield 3.

6. DudeWah

DudeWah Member

<br>
    uh where did you get this info?

Because honestly vehicle usage in FPS games is generally ****. Not to mention the day that CoD starts fearing Battlefield in anyway will be a sad day. And that's saying something...

Regardless though, I am pumped. As long as it isn't as bad as MW2 I will give it a shot.

7. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

I don't like the engine for either Battlefield or CoD.
    CoD is just unrealistic and jittery.
    Battlefield is too slow-paced and clunky.

8. k-money

k-money Member

vehicle usage? no killstreak required? im getting in on this game for sure.:cool:

also, will infinity wards or treyarch make this game?

and is anybody else wanting a multiplayer teaser?

9. duwende

duwende Member

Just hoping for a bin laden mission extra

10. RC Cola

RC Cola Contributing Member

We're talking about Call of Duty and Activision here. They're more concerned about getting something called "Call of Duty" out in Q4 than anything else, including game quality, developer relations, or anything like that. Which is smart since that is all it takes to sell 20M copies of a game.

Don't worry guys, Activision will definitely make sure there is a new CoD every year (they're probably pushing for 2 if they can!). Now, a good game...

Supposed to be Infinity Ward's "turn." But pretty much any talent they had is gone. IIRC Sledgehammer Games is helping with the single-player campaign, and Raven Software is working on the multiplayer.

11. mylilpony

mylilpony Member

its not the same infinity ward as cod4 MW or MW2. I am actually going to pass on buying it for now. I've been looking forward to BF3 since bad company 2 has been a lot of fun.

12. CXbby

CXbby Member

Why would anyone even think about buying this after seeing the trailers for BF3? Are people really that brainwashed by the "COD" brand that it doesn't even matter if its two no name developers making it this time around? Who the hell are Sledgehammer games and Raven Software? :confused:

13. RC Cola

RC Cola Contributing Member

Raven Software actually has a history. Better than any of the CoD devs IMO. Hexen, Heretic, Jedi Outcast, Quake 4, and X-Men Legends just to name a few. Now they're relegated to making CoD map packs and the MP portion of CoD games.

Sledgehammer Games is new. I forgot their history.

(and of course it doesn't matter who the devs are).

14. RoxSqaud

RoxSqaud Member

This game will be awesome.

and people that suck at will hate it...

15. CXbby

CXbby Member

This game will be as awesome as the last Guitar Hero that Activision managed to run into the ground with their yearly rehashes. I mean, I would have to imagine that one of these years they will start running out of 12 year olds to dump this franchise on to.

16. KingLeoric

KingLeoric Member

CoD is at top, the only direction for this series now is down. :eek:

17. lionaire

lionaire Member

They should've stopped after the GOAT, COD4.

18. Lil Pun

Lil Pun Contributing Member

I've actually enjoyed every one since but 4 was on another level.

19. mylilpony

mylilpony Member

i liked the gameplay on cod4 the best. i played mw2 because there wasnt anything else. i play black ops but the guns sound like a pop gun in a mason jar.

i remember playing bf 1942, bf vietnam, and bf 2. bf2 was awesome and that's what i thought of when cod4 came out. BF3 looks like a genre changer.

20. lean

lean Member

cod has been bad since the first modern warfare. i'd still rather play cs 1.6.

1 person likes this.