1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Bulls @ Hawks - MVP chants for Rose in Atlanta

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Williamson, Mar 22, 2011.

1. Williamson

Williamson JOSH CHRISTOPHER ONLY FAN
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

Are you guys seeing this? These have to be the worst fans in the NBA. If there were MVP chants for an opposing team's player in Toyota Center I'd be fighting mad.

2. rn_xw

rn_xw Member

I agree.

MVP! MVP!

3. t_mac1

t_mac1 Contributing Member

they have chanted for kobe bryant for several years now. they just chanted for lebron last week. and yes, im hearing chants for rose now.

pathetic fans.

4. Williamson

That's insane. Absolutely insane. I had no idea.

5. t_mac1

kobe has been hearing MVP chants on the road for 2 years going now: NY, atlanta, memphis, and even freakin' boston.

lebron has heard it from NY and atlanta.

now people are starting to see rose's greatness.

i think that's when you are getting the love.

kevin durant and wade have never heard that on the road in their careers.

6. amaru

amaru Member

Alot of people who live in Atlanta are not from the Atlanta area.

In the past few years, many people have come to "the mecca of the south".

I'm in the ATL area and alot of the ppl I know are not from here.

7. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

Did the same for Kobe when he was there a week or so ago. The apparel store inside the arena also sold out of his jersey. It was so embarrassing they decided to stop selling jersey's of opposing players.

Atlanta is a sorry sports city.

8. t_mac1

yes they did. but not as loud as it was the past 2 years. atlanta chanted MVP for kobe basically from the 2nd half on every time he comes it's freakin' embarrassing.

lebron heard it last week after he finished a finger roll on a fastbreak. it was basically a road game for the hawks.

and now this happens.

if only joe johnson was a real star then they wouldn't need to resort to this.

9. t_mac1

however, rose is having a ridiculous game right now so maybe they are showing their respect.

rose played in atlanta just 2 weeks ago and there was none of this MVP chant stuff. he had a bad game though

10. trueroxfan

trueroxfan Member

basketball fans?

11. AggieRocketsFan

It's easier for the fans to tell themselves they're only getting blown out because they have to face the MVP of the league.

12. spysta

spysta Member

You think thats pathetic?

Those piece of crap fans chanted mvp for amare stoudmire when NY came to town and atlanta was only down by 3 points in the 4 quarter with like 6 minutes to go. Atlanta is ahead of NY in the standings it was the worse thing ive seen in a while.

Atlanta doesnt deserve a playoff team.......scratch that they dont deserve a team

13. Shaud

Shaud Member

Atlanta has been known for not supporting their teams. They only came out to support one of their sports teams when Michael Vick was a Falcon.

14. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

When I used to follow baseball, I remember one year game 7 of the NLCS was in Atlanta and barely anyone was there. I couldn't believe it.

15. Williamson

That's just crazy. I had no idea. If I was a true Atlanta Hawks fan, I would probably be so sickened I'd literally hope my team moved to a city that had real fans.

16. dharocks

dharocks Contributing Member

Exactly. This is the same city that couldn't sell out Braves World Series games. THE WORLD SERIES. There just aren't a lot of fans there who seem to give a crap.

17. Ramu3

Ramu3 Member

Atlanta always get a bad rap as a sports town , i think it is true most of the time . I haven't been to ATL in a while , but it is very diff kind of city . I had a great time when i visited ATL , i wouldn't mind hitting up there again in the near future .

It is pretty bad when fans chant MVP for opposing player , but Rose is becoming a household name that even average NBA fan can recognize.

18. kyotic1

kyotic1 Member

Its different if its a close game, and they're chanting MVP for rose. This was a blowout and I feel like a player should get recognized for his excellence no matter where he plays.

I wouldnt do it in a close game, but if rose was in Houston totally owning the rockets i'd give him the MVP chant.

19. SuperBeeKay

SuperBeeKay Member

lol ATOWN! It's the fans...

20. buffalobills!!!

This. Same with a lot of people in TX.