1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Bulls exploring trade for Pau Gasol

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by J.R., Mar 13, 2012.

1. J.R.

J.R. Member

Marc Stein ‏ @ESPNSteinLine

#1 J.R., Mar 13, 2012
    Last edited: Mar 13, 2012
  2. houseofglass21

Trade or no trade, Bulls still aren't making it past Miami in the playoffs. Not a chance in hell.

3. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

The trade talks are probably gonna go something like this.
    Lakers : We want rose, we'll give you pau
    Bulls : Were almost on the same page, just throw in a second round pick
    Lakers : We can do better, good say sir...

4. RoxTurk

RoxTurk Member

I hope Morey wont be the middle man of this trade to get Boozer.

5. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

Who do they have to offer? I doubt they would give up Noah and certainly not Rose. Not sure the rest of their "assets" are what the Lakers are looking for.

6. Ricksmith

Ricksmith Contributing Member

Rose
    Rip
    Deng
    Gasol
    Noah/Asik

Damn...

7. Garner

Garner Member

I'd think morey is more shrewd than to take on Boozer's contract.

Maybe he could snake in a grab Asik though.

8. izeroi

izeroi Member

I don't even want to think about that, but wouldn't be surprised if we were :mad:

9. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

I think the Bulls would love to convince a team that Boozer is worth a hill of beans. Lol.

10. xiki

xiki Contributing Member

Lakes would take Booz in a Pau deal? bwar-har-har. Talk about non-starters...

11. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

On a serious note, probably a deng, boozer and others for pau trade is in talks.

12. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

Boozer and asik, i guess..but i dont see LA wanting those two, not for Pau.

13. Garner

Garner Member

Doubtful. That is the same offer they have reportedly floated for Dwight.

14. torque

torque Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

CJ Watson, Deng, Boozer for Gasol, Peace?

Lakers can do way better.

15. arjun

arjun Member

uhhh so u think they would trade gasol for boozer only??

i'm sure deng would have to be included..

16. krnxsnoopy

krnxsnoopy Contributing Member

I still think it's funny people and the media can call him World Peace with a straight face.

17. J.R.

J.R. Member

[rquoter]The Chicago Bulls are exploring avenues to acquire Los Angeles Lakers forward Pau Gasol before Thursday's trade deadline, according to sources close to the situation.

The Bulls have long hoped to wedge themselves into the trade running for Orlando Magic star Dwight Howard, but sources told ESPN.com that Howard's well-chronicled lack of interest in a trade to Chicago has prompted the Bulls to switch their focus to Gasol in advance of Thursday's 3 p.m. deadline.

Sources say that the Lakers, however, have limited interest in the players Chicago would be offering, starting with Bulls forward Carlos Boozer.

So the Bulls would have to recruit at least one more team to the discussions to have any shot at Gasol, sources said, with the Lakers known to be insistent on getting back at least one certifiable star if they consent to the trade the Spaniard. Sources say that the Lakers, furthermore, continue to talk to other teams about Gasol in advance.

The Lakers' longstanding preference, of course, is acquiring a top point guard if they agree to surrender Gasol. L.A. included the 7-footer in the December deal with New Orleans and Houston that would have landed Chris Paul with the Lakers, only for NBA commissioner David Stern -- acting as the final decision-maker for the league-owned Hornets -- to tell New Orleans' basketball people to cancel the deal after all three teams agreed to terms.

Gasol has been subjected to constant trade speculation ever since and recently acknowledged to ESPN.com that "there's no guarantees" he'll be with the Lakers beyond the trading deadline despite recent assurances from Lakers management that no deal was imminent.

The Rockets continue to have interest in Gasol but have consistently refused to make point guard Kyle Lowry available in talks with the Lakers. Golden State and Minnesota are also known to have interest in trading Gasol if the Lakers prove willing.[/rquoter]

http://espn.go.com/chicago/nba/stor...uire-pau-gasol-los-angeles-lakers-sources-say

18. ArtV

ArtV Contributing Member

[​IMG]

Not enough PG to fill the hole IMO but does give the Lakers a backup C and saves them 5 million since they are over the limit.

19. allanivan

allanivan Member

Lakers should demand Deng and Asik and first round pick from Bobcats( they still have that right?) They still have to find a taker for Boozer's big ass contract for some back bigs..

20. Ricksmith

Ricksmith Contributing Member

If the Lakers took back Boozer, they'd probably demand the Bulls take World Peace. So probably Boozer, Deng, and maybe Watson for Gasol and World Peace.