1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Bucks vs Rockets [Bubble Game 2] Highlights...

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by bleedroxred79, Aug 2, 2020.

1. bleedroxred79

bleedroxred79 Member

2. bleedroxred79

bleedroxred79 Member

Let's go!!

Lawlruschang and seclusion like this.
  3. nickb492

nickb492 Contributing Member

Out rebounded by 29 and still won. That has to be a record. Not sure how to look that up but damn.

4. D-rock

D-rock Member

https://www.cbssports.com/nba/news/...d-spurs-grab-the-wheel-in-race-for-no-8-seed/

Houston's thesis is based on three pillars: win the 3-point battle, the free-throw battle and the turnover battle. Everything else is immaterial if they just own those three categories. In service of those goals, they have eschewed the center position entirely. Not only does that give them more shooting, but it takes their worst ball-handler off of the floor to help limit turnovers, and it allows them to switch every screen defensively, effectively cutting off all open 3-point attempts for an opponent while also making them susceptible to more strips, tips and deflections from quicker defenders.

That strategy played out flawlessly in their battle with the Bucks. Milwaukee had 40 more points in the paint and 29 more rebounds than Houston on Sunday, and it didn't matter because the Rockets forced 14 more turnovers, took eight more free throws and, most importantly, attempted 26 more 3-pointers. The Bucks are a fairly modern team in their own right. They take only 5.6 fewer 3-pointers on average than the Rockets. But Houston's defense so effectively cut off their open attempts that Milwaukee not only took fewer 3s than they do on average but made only nine because of how few open looks they got.

Lawlruschang likes this.
  5. mike2k132

mike2k132 Member

Ok you on to something. But you not quite there.

So I'm glad u went there with the lesser turnover...i been telling people this for years. But u didn't go deep enough in that point. I don't think people understand this. Its not really about not having a center...its the iso's people don't understand this is part by design to lessen turnover. When u have James or russ(that as good...turnover wise) iso its really no movement of the players...people think this is bad...i disagree. More things you ask ur offense to do the more chances they can mess up.

Take the golden standard gsw.... Contrary to popular belief with all that ball movement...they tend to turn the ball over...a lot. More moving pieces more mistakes.

Its alot of lil things people don't see with this team. Like rockets don't just love small guys lol. They love small guy traits....shooting and switching. If they had a guy like ibaka he would start. Cause he can dribble pass n shoot the 3.

Lawlruschang and D-rock like this.
  6. D-rock

D-rock Member

Media calls it small ball but D'Antoni prefers to call it SKILL ball.

Lawlruschang and mike2k132 like this.
  7. mike2k132

mike2k132 Member

Another thing I wanna comment on...is defending gianiss or guys like lbj too. People tend to think giving them space is the right more.

I disagree n tucker showed you tonite. I have always said guys like that your pressure thier dribble n help at the rim. You don't let them get a running start.

When u that long ur dribble isn't as compact as a guard. N remember no matter how tall you are a shot from a dribble has to start from the legs to above on the shoot...u attack the ball from the knee to stomach area before it gets high. Negating the length. This is why as a big they teach u to never put it on the ground when u catch it...but you have to put it down if you a big that Initiate offense.

So in summary. Crowd his dribble. Stay into his pocket. N help at the rim if he gets there

8. mike2k132

mike2k132 Member

Exactly if mda had 5 guys that was 7 ft tall n had guard skill that would be his line up. One day when we get skilled bigs like I really want ibaka that will make us unstoppable really. No compromises