1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Broussard: Howard 'very unlikely' to re-sign with the Lakers

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by J.R., Jun 27, 2013.

1. J.R.

J.R. Member

via Chris Broussard; story was just filed.

He was just on Mike & Mike:

Dwight Howard, I'm told, is very very unlikely to re-sign with the Lakers. I've heard it very strong he's not going back but you know Dwight. I can't totally write the Lakers off but I'm hearing strongly he's not going back.

What's the reason?

He does not like playing in Mike D'Antoni's system. He does not want to be in a system that does not cater to his skill set. To re-sign him, it will take a new coach. They have not shown any willingness to make a change. If they are serious about keeping Dwight, that would be the major step they have to take.

Any chance Dwight wants that out there?

He's serious about leaving. I don't think he wants it out there he wants a new coach because he hates the reputation of a coach killer. He does like LA. I'm told he would love to find reason to stay with the Lakers but he wants to be happy. He's not happy in that system. He doesn't think he'll flourish in that system. I don't think he's trying to force their hand but if they did do that, good chance he would re-think his position.

<HR>

2. OTMax

OTMax Member

Sources? ;)

3. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

4. Chuck 4

Chuck 4 Member

Damn. You're quick.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p>Dwight Howard &quot;unlikely&quot; to return to the Lakers per <a href="https://twitter.com/Chris_Broussard">@Chris_Broussard</a></p>&mdash; Vincent Goodwill (@vgoodwill) <a href="https://twitter.com/vgoodwill/statuses/350234512753573889">June 27, 2013</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

5. vstexas09

vstexas09 Contributing Member

GREAT News!

contingent on if they do indeed keep d'antoni.

some part of me thinks they could fire the coach..

but the real question is..

will he come to houston?!?!

6. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

[​IMG]

2 people like this.
  7. Moonscope

Moonscope Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-partner="tweetdeck"><p>Sources: Dwight Howard unlikely to re-sign with the Lakers. Dallas and Houston the favorites. Main issue w/Lakers is Mike D'Antoni's system</p>&mdash; Chris Broussard (@Chris_Broussard) <a href="https://twitter.com/Chris_Broussard/statuses/350235769794863104">June 27, 2013</a></blockquote>

8. ashiin

ashiin Member

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  9. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

What worries me in all this is that Dwight is trying to get the Lakers to do what he wants to stay. Is really serious about coming here or are we the fallback if he can't get what he wants? That makes me nervous that the Lakers will ultimately cave to him.

10. jsmee2000

jsmee2000 Contributing Member

11. Moonscope

Moonscope Member

Best......GIF.......EVER!!!!!!

12. Clutch

Clutch Administrator
    Staff Member

Positive news, but also sounds like if a coaching change is made that he likes, he'll stay. We'll see...

1 person likes this.
  13. BeardlyBeardman

You beat me to it! Dwight is wondering what he hasn't done that CP3 did. Not as easy as it used to be to get a coach fired.

14. Firebomb525

Firebomb525 Member

So the only thing stopped the Lakers from securing Dwight is their pride.
    Do they feel they need to bow to Howard's demands? Do they consider him as good as Shaq or Kareem?

15. clubberclyde

clubberclyde Member

16. J.R.

J.R. Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p>Hearing strong that Lakers have little chance. Can't write them off completely, tho, because of D12's notorious indecisiveness.</p>&mdash; Chris Broussard (@Chris_Broussard) <a href="https://twitter.com/Chris_Broussard/statuses/350236439784591360">June 27, 2013</a></blockquote>

17. conquistador#11

should have paid jaxxon the billion dollars he wanted, now they will lose it all. no howard and no jordan hill

18. pickymen

pickymen Contributing Member

That's a positive news.

19. Firebomb525

Firebomb525 Member

Who could possibly be left on the market? Shaw is gone. Phil, I don't think he really wants to come back. The book is closed on his chapter.

Guys, I really think we can breathe a sigh of relief at this point. Contrary to last year, Houston really is the favorite here.

20. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

And let's face it, this will be the real problem with the Lakers next year.