1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Britons threaten Muslim beheadings in footage

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by tigermission1, Sep 5, 2006.

1. MadMax

MadMax Member

yeah, yoda said something like that.

2. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!
    Supporting Member

I agree, these guys should be found and made an example of.....that is what civilized societies do.

DD

3. rhadamanthus

rhadamanthus Member

Concur.

4. NewYorker

NewYorker Ghost of Clutch Fans

the west has been gone for over a half-century...how long is that going to be an excuse? The only thing that stops the region from rising up again is Islam. Islam keeps it backwards. It keeps women in check. It prevent intellectualism. Islam is against usary. Islam is still trapped in the 12th century.

The west can not help the Islamic world. Iraq is a painful proof of this. We can not bring democracy to them. We can not change their world. But yet their extremists will still come after us, they blame us for their poverty, instead of their own narrow-minded thinking. Now, when these extremist keep hitting us...eventually its going to provoke a reaction. That' inevitable. Sure, you can go after the brits who are muslim extremists....and make an example of them by calling them disgusting....but people are beginning to feel hate toward Islam.

That's not a path toward peace, it's a path toward war. And moderate mulsims must change and fight against the esdtremists before the extremists succeed - and they are winning.

5. MadMax

MadMax Member

you contradicted yourself when you said, "the west is gone" and then talked about Iraq. the west is not gone from the Middle East.

usury is illegal in every state in the union.

Islam does not prevent intellectualism. history tells us that's not so.

here's the problem...if you're saying radicals need to be reigned in, i'm in agreement with you. they do. i'm just not sure what that looks like when you're asking "moderate" muslims in the Middle East to do it. the extremists seem to have a pretty firm grip.

but more concerning is where this leads. hate. stereotyping of every muslim because of what these jackasses are doing. that's concerning to me. and that crap needs to be stamped out, as well. any sense of justifying the extremists on one side can be flipped to justify it for the other...so that's useless.

6. tigermission1

tigermission1 Member

Ignorance...

It shouldn't be an excuse, whether it's true or not; I don't like the victim mentality.

Ignorance, again...but not really worth a response. There are plenty of "poor" or "backwards" people -- as you would describe them -- who're not Muslims. Good luck explaining that...

I don't think anyone has appointed you to speak on their behalf, so just speak for yourself. Try not to overreach with your arguments...

Last I checked, most of the 9/11 hijackers weren't poor, on the contrary: some came from well-off families and were well-educated individuals (engineers and the such), even educated in the West. Last I checked, Bin Laden and Al-Zawahiri were 'elitists' within their own societies, but decided to leave it all behind to pursue a cause - however misguided it might be.

So your 'profiling' miserably fails; poverty could be one factor, but it's by no means the overriding one.

The extremists are definitely winning, it's true on both sides. Extremism is countered with extremism...it's funny how it works that way.

7. Major

Major Member

Huh? The west, proud supporter of human rights, funds and supports tyrannical governments all throughout the region in an effort to keep a stable, reliable supply of oil. That has not changed in the past 50 years.

It's not pretty, but it's true. The west's record in that region of world is atrocious - and nothing has changed in the last several decades in that regard. It entirely is based on our needs - and that's fine, but the inevitable and unsurprising consequence of that is tens of millions of people who distrust and dislike our government.

8. Lil

Lil Member

dunno if anyone brought this up, but there is no death penalty in the UK... :eek: just my 2 cents.

9. tinman

tinman Member
    Supporting Member

i dont understand,
    why cant they just threaten to draw some cartoons?
    :D

10. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

LOL :D.