1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Brevin Knight?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by saleem, Oct 14, 2003.

1. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

I know this is probably unlikely but I was wondering if the Suns would trade Knight? I know he could a good backup for Marbury but I have heard rumors which I acknowledge could be unfounded
    on the internet saying that they might not want him on their team.If they do want to move him I would look into the possibility of using the exception from the Rice trade to try and get him because anything is better than Moochie at this time.

2. GATER

GATER Contributing Member

And he makes $5m/yr and is in the final year of his contract and we are going to give the Suns.....? $5m of the $7m trade exception? H**l no.

3. saleem

GATER,you have a very good point but I brought up this idea out of sheer frustration because we just can't seem to initiate anything from the backcourt at all.Knight is a backup but a true PG and might be able to make things somewhat easier and give us a better chance of making it to the playoffs.

4. saleem

I admit I should have looked at his latest stats more carefully they are worse than Moochie's even though I think he is a better passer than him.

5. GATER

GATER Contributing Member

saleem -
    Have a little patience and some faith. Francis plays major minutes during the season and from what I've observed so far about Van Gundy, he would not be opposed to signing Wilks, using Mobley to initiate the offense, or anything within reason if Mooch is not up to the task. JVG watched the tape of all 82 games so I think he has some faith in Norris or he'd have been gone by now.

IMHO, Moochie is probably the 8th or 9th player in the rotation (after Taylor, Cato, Pike and maybe even Adrian Griffin). He's just not that big an issue that can't be dealt with easily downstream.