1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Breaking] Texas lawmakers IMPEACH Attorney General Ken Paxton

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Xerobull, May 25, 2023.

1. edwardc

edwardc Member

2. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Member

Wow, somehow this took me by surprise.

Without a smoking gun, it's likely harder to prove guilt in a legal setting.

A sad day for Texas, though I'm not a registered voter, so I don't know if Texans consider it a sad day for them.

Tribe mentality is strong. I doubt a case like this will make Texans rally for a pullback from the political trenches.

I've already been taken surprise before...maybe this time for the better.

3. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Member
    Supporting Member

Honestly it's worse in Texas

Andre0087 and ROCKSS like this.
  4. edwardc

edwardc Member

Nah not yet but if we can't put a stop to this horrible leadership of Abbott and these republicans it will be the worst state in the union.

5. Nook

Nook Member

It is worse in Texas from the stand point of having poor leadership and quality of politicians representing the state of Texas. I am consistently surprised by what he citizens of Texas tolerate.

At this point all you have to do is have an “R” next to your name to get elected and no matter how poorly you do your job, you will get elected. There is no real competition.

Florida, California, Illinois and Mississippi come to mind as the other states with really poor state governments. Almost all are controlled by a single party - which causes serious corruption and poor representation.

6. ROCKSS

ROCKSS Member

All you have to do is look at a guy like G Santos and realize the gop does not give 2 hoots about character, all they care is that an "R" is in the seat, if you can lie, cheat and steal to get the seat then by gosh you earned it. And yet my fellow Texans keep voting the idiots into office

7. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Member
    Supporting Member

Texas has the unique distinction of an indicted and now impeached person as the state’s top law enforcement officer.

For as bad as many other states are that is a dubious distinction.

mdrowe00, ryan_98 and FranchiseBlade like this.
  8. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Member
    Supporting Member

This does ultimately come down to the voters. I get it they the state GOP has done a lot to make it hard to elect anyone else but Republicans but consider WI, NC and even KY were still able to elect people besides Republicans for statewide office. Kentucky has historically been one of the reddest states in then country with Trump winning their by bigger margins than even in TX yet they got rid of a corrupt Republican governor to elect a moderate Democrat.

9. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!
    Supporting Member

Root cause: Two party system.

ryan_98 likes this.
  10. edwardc

edwardc Member

[​IMG]

FranchiseBlade likes this.
  11. Commodore

Commodore Member

the thing the left doesn't get is that indictments and convictions have lost much of their political purchase (although they are effective at removing the individual from the political arena)

everyone knows all of the left's political opposition is a target for indictment, it never ends

Trump, Clarence Thomas, Elon Musk, Ken Paxton, Russel Brand. Whomever the GOP nominates will get the same treatment from the DoJ and any prosecutor looking to make a name for themselves.

There's a reason Jeff Bezos bought the Washington Post and gives it free reign while he stays silent. It's protection money so this doesn't happen to him:

12. ROCKSS

ROCKSS Member

LOL, if the gop would stop promoting folks who break the law, they would not need to be impeached....your list is a joke

trump - convicted rapist, steals nuclear secrets and is the crux of J6, snake oil salesman
    thomas - if you want to defend him for accepting trips from donors and having donors buy his moms house and let her live there for free plus all the free crap he got.....kudos to you man, I guess you don't care
    paxton.............trump wanna be, no wonder he gets the backing of the orange man
    brand?? not sure why he is on your list, if he did rape someone then I guess he would be ok in your book, just like trump did and you have no qualms with that. I bet if were your mom, daughter, sister who was raped you would have a different perspective, but hey, what's a little rape among friends

VooDooPope likes this.
  13. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Member
    Supporting Member

Right and I suppose that's why Trump is threatening to indict all of his political opponents and campaigned on "Lock her Up!"

Also in case you forgot Ken Paxton was impeached by Republicans. And you also seem to have forgotten that Hunter Biden, Michael Avenatti, Rod Blagoyevich, Anthony Weiner and several other Democrats, or in the case of the Hunter Biden the son of a prominent Democrat, have been indicted too.

ROCKSS and FranchiseBlade like this.
  14. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Member
    Supporting Member

Also Clarence Thomas hasn't been indicted of anything. Unless Commodore actually knows something that isn't widely known about Thomas.

I don't know if Russell Brand is a Republican nor has he been indicted and certainly not by the US DOJ.

ROCKSS and FranchiseBlade like this.
  15. mtbrays

mtbrays Member
    Supporting Member

What he isn't saying is that Republican voters now cheer on and vote for criminality. That's why the courts are involved; Republicans no longer care about upholding their end of the "law and order" bandwagon.

16. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Member

commodore complaining that Democrats are being unfair by using the laws of the country against trump and the maga republicans is pretty funny.

mdrowe00, ROCKSS, Andre0087 and 3 others like this.
  17. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Member
    Supporting Member

Law and order only applies to those on the other side ideologically who break the law.:rolleyes:

Andre0087 likes this.
  18. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Member

Tbf, not many Texans understand state politics enough to collectively stop this slow moving trainwreck.

19. FranchiseBlade

Supporting Member

If reality isn't working out like a person hopes, and they don't have the fortitude to deal and adjust, then apparently the next step is to just broadcast an imaginary one.

ROCKSS and Andre0087 like this.
  20. Commodore

Commodore Member