1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[breaking news] terrorist plot in london thwarted

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by thacabbage, Aug 10, 2006.

1. Cohen

Cohen Member

Nice obfuscation...

So someone who says: 'Death to America is not a slogan. Death to America is a policy, a strategy and a vision.' is not your enemy?

And as for zionists yes, if one of their leaders says this then Muslims can consider them an enemy of Muslims. And that is possibly one reason why some of the radical fundamentalists groups in Israel are outlawed.

2. tigermission1

tigermission1 Member

Both Hezbollah and Israel have used terrorist methods in the past, I won't give an exemption to one of them just because they happen to wear uniforms.

If you want to get technical, then one is a terrorist and the other a war criminal...same thing, different vocabulary.

BTW, Hezbollah are Shi'ites, the Pakisanis who supposedly planned on bombing those planes are most likely Sunnis...

Again, keep grasping at straws...

3. tigermission1

tigermission1 Member

That's a dangerous assumption, just because you don't hear about the fact that the FBI and other law enforcement organizations in Canada, Britain, and France have 'informants' embedded everywhere, doesn't mean that "Muslims" are not helping out.

If you remember, before the London tube bombings local Muslims tipped British authorities about one or more of the terrorists who carried out the attacks.

You guys 'assume' a lot on these boards, there are thousands of Muslims in the U.S. who work for the FBI, CIA, Homeland Security and other agencies, but the nature of their job doesn't allow them to expose their identities. However, when the FBI director comes out and says that they have hundreds of 'informants' to help them catch aspiring terrorists, who do you think those informants are? White Evangelicals?

4. tinman

tinman Member
    Supporting Member

we've become too politically correct and soft. i want the CIA to take its gloves off and go John Gotti style. I want people to think twice about hating America. I want ZERO limitations on what we can do. the CIA needs to turn into the Sopranos.

5. FranchiseBlade

Supporting Member

They surely have things in common. They are human and have at one time used terrorism. The same can be said of many Israeli leaders, who participated in the bombing of a civilian hotel. But you surely you have a different opinion of those leaders than you do the Hezbollah leaders.

It is like saying they are both human so they are the same.

6. tigermission1

tigermission1 Member

In other words, no rules? If so, then we become as good/bad as the terrorists.

This is first and foremost an ideological conflict, if we give up our ideals and what we preach to the rest of the world, then we've already lost the war...

7. FranchiseBlade

Supporting Member

This makes zero sense. Someone who doesn't support Israeli terrorism, or Hezbollah terrorism is a terrorist supporter, while someone who does support Israeli terrorism isn't.

8. halfbreed

halfbreed Member

Israel is a country.

Hezbollah is a terrorist organization.

Israel, by definition, commits acts of war and not acts of terrorism.

9. tigermission1

tigermission1 Member

SJC is not after logic, he's after labeling people left and right as 'terrorists' or 'terrorist sympathizers' if they don't share his unequivocal support for any and everything Israel does. It's either that or 'anti-Semitic'; so pick one, FB.

10. tinman

tinman Member
    Supporting Member

screw the pride. the goal is to win.

we go on with our lives and live without fear. while other people who hate us 'swim with the fishes'. and none of that crap is on CNN or will ever be on CNN.

i'll take that.

11. tigermission1

tigermission1 Member

States do commit 'terrorism' as is broadly defined, they just call it something different.

But you bet your you-know-what states do commit terrorism/war crimes; in fact, they have a much higher capacity to do just that.

12. NewYorker

NewYorker Ghost of Clutch Fans

Actually, Israel's recent action do consistute "terrorist" activity. Let's not forget that Israel has targeted and intimidated numerous civilian targets - the very essence of what terrorism is. Israel truly is terrifying the Lebanese people.

13. tigermission1

tigermission1 Member

Short of wiping out the rest of the globe (the majority of which hates our policies), you will never live 'without fear'.

14. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

so the american revolution was one big terrorist action? I don't want to get into a debate about Israel and Hezbollah but the logic that its not terrorism because its a sovereign nation is weak.

15. NewYorker

NewYorker Ghost of Clutch Fans

I don't think most people really know what terrorism is actually.

Terrorism is when you kill or intimidate civilians for political gain. So bombing a plane is a clear act of terrorism because it's sole purpose is to make a political statement.

Israel is bashing Lebanon with statements that if they attack Tel Aviv, we'll destroy all of Lebanon. That truly shows that Israel will be inflicting damage not just as a military strategy, but also as a political move - to "teach a lesson"...and this killing and intimidating a population to make a political statement - a clear act of terrorism.

16. tinman

tinman Member
    Supporting Member

that's not what i said. 'our policies' shouldn't matter.
    look this has nothing to do with foreign policy. no matter what the excuse, there will be enemies. inside the country or in antarctica, i dont care who where or when.

i want an organization with ZERO RED TAPE and ZERO political influence. I want an organization with unlimited funds and no rules.

Their sole mission: take out our enemies

some people suddenly dissapear here and there. we dont know what happened, and we dont want to know.

17. halfbreed

halfbreed Member

If the American revolutionaries targeted civilians for purposes of political gain, then yes.

It's not weak logic, it's definition. I've spent 2 semesters studying terrorism and any definition of terrorism defines it as non-state actions.

18. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

ugh, that's not what you wrote, you wrote Israel is a country, therefore they are not terrorists.

19. wnes

wnes Contributing Member

... under hayes?

Whose definition?

Here's the wiki definition:
    Nowhere does it say terrorism is only confined to "non-state actor."

20. MoretF

MoretF Member

Good thing this was started in the D&D :D

As for the people still waiting to check in at the London airports, I'd just say - checking in hand luggage at short notice isn't going to help the baggage sorters get you your luggage at the right place. Had a meeting with someone who flew over from London who had checked in their baggage and put the mobile phone in the bad, as told.

So obviously - Bag gets lost and Airline can't reach said person to deliver the bag because ..... the mobile phone in the bag!

Of course, most people won't be inconvenienced about this anymore - because most of the short-haul flights out of London have been cancelled today anyway...