1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Boycott Limbaugh Buying Rams?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by joliver325, Oct 9, 2009.

1. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

he's rewriting history. i made a joke in probably 2000 about his wife (obviously having never met her) that was taken the wrong way. i immediately apologized when he didn't take it in a joking manner i intended. he continues to bring it up til this day and his discpicible defense of bigots like rush limbaugh made me bring it back up in this thread.

2. Vinsanity

Vinsanity Contributing Member

Your fiancee is a feminist?

1 person likes this.
  3. giddyup

giddyup Member

Me rewriting history? You made a crass joke about my wife being used as Homeland Defense back in 2002 or so-- after 9/11.

I brought it back up about a year ago as a reminder TO YOU when you were making inappropriate remarks about someone again here. I brought it up ONC TIME six years after the fact.

I accepted your apology back then; why else would I not bring it up for all that time? Even then I brought it up not in a begruding way but in a way to remind you that I thought you were overstepping your bounds with someone else.

Then we get to this thread and YOU bring it up again by reinserting a version of the insult. So now who is rewriting history?

Rush was not rejected by the owners; it never got to that point. So do you rewrite the present, too?

4. Rashmon

Rashmon Member

Maybe you can root for Rush to get one of the UFL teams.

Where future stars come to play!

1 person likes this.
  5. Oski2005

Oski2005 Member

Plus Roscoe's Chicken and Waffles is also pretty famous and Guacamole is usually on the top 10 lists of Super Bowl snack food and very popular from Texas through the south west to california, but whatever, it's exactly the same thing.

1 person likes this.
  6. rjh2002

rjh2002 Member

Commentary from the Rush Limbaugh Show's Official Obama Criticizer, Bo Snerdley
    Youtube - Rush Limbaugh EIB ^ | 10/16/09 | Bo Snerdley

Posted on Mon Oct 19 22:44:36 2009 by Titus-Maximus

SNERDLEY: This is Bo Snerdley, Official Obama Criticizer for the EIB Network. Certified Black Enough to criticize with 100% organic slave blood. Today, Obama isn't the issue. This is the special sports edition. And I have a statement: "My fellow Americans, this week, a racial spectacle has been played out which is nothing less than disgraceful." You know what? Screw this! We're going to the translation right now, only this time it's not a translation for the EIB brothers and sisters in the 'hood, it's a translation to the 'hood. Yo, my fellow homeys, especially those of you who play in the NFL: Every single one of you who shouted out against Rush, check yourself, dog. You got played, okay? Rush ain't your problem, yo. He never was your problem. He never will be your problem. Twenty years, man! For 20 years Rush has been telling everybody: You brothers in the NFL deserve to get paid.

The NFL and every other sports league there is got a break it off to you because you the best, right? The owners they got to break it off to you, give up your props, give you your props. Any of you fools know that, yo? No. Instead you get all puffed up behind some Obama flackie, jump on TV, start mouthing off about "Rush said this! Rush said that! Slavery this, slavery that," whatever, whatever. It was all made up, yo! Some of these clown reporters on TV who fed all the stuff to you, yo, you know what they doing now? They are out here trying to apologize quietly so they don't get their asses sued, yo! Check that out. Y'all got played. So here's your question for you brothers, especially some of y'all in the NFL. Y'all going to man up? Y'all going to man and up say, "Hey, we got played man. We kinda sorry. Oops, we didn't know."

Okay, now, let me -- while I'm -- yo, let me get this off, okay? McNabb. Can we just do this one more time? Square up. Even if Rush said what y'all thought he said, which he didn't say, what's the biggie? Y'all thought he said that McNabb wasn't all that and was getting props because people wanted a black guy to succeed at quarterback. So what? So what? Don't y'all want to see a black quarterback make it, yo? I do. So the sports media guys, he said they want him to succeed, what's the big deal? Is there a problem here, yo? And McNabb? You a punk, yo. Now, my NFL brothers, let me ask you a question here. Who was it that whipped Michael Vick a new one after he got done in the joint?

Was it Rush? Nope. It was a bunch of your white liberal sportswriter guys pretending they loved their dogs more than they loved their wives, okay? That's who ripped all over Michael Vick. Who's been ripping Plaxico, who's been ripping Pacman? Every time y'all get going... Who was it that ran T.O. on up out of Dallas, yo? Okay, was it Rush? No. Okay? Now for all of you homeys, this is outside the NFL. For all my brothers and sisters, y'all want to get pissed off about somebody insulting black people? Why don't y'all watch BET, Black "Exploitation" Television, okay? You want to know who's calling black women, "b****es ho this, b****es ho that"? Is it Rush Limbaugh? No. Who's telling y'all that all you can do is jiggle your butts on TV? Is it Rush Limbaugh? Rush ain't your enemy, yo. You know what the biggest threat to black men is in America, yo?

It ain't Rush Limbaugh. It's other black men who are killing off brothers like they did that young boy out in Chicago, okay? A quarter of our brothers don't even make it to be age 25 'cause they get shot up by other black men. Is Rush out there pulling the trigger? No. And y'all brothers, you got anything to say about it? Especially y'all in the NFL. Y'all get paid, y'all leave the hood, that's that. Not a word. Okay? Now, for all of y'all who live deep in the hood, I got another question: Is it Rush Limbaugh stopping your kids from being educated in your run-down schools, in your run-down-ass neighborhoods? No. Who is it? And where's Al Sharpton and Jesse Jackson on that instead of flapping their mouth about all this other stuff that they don't know anything else about? How come Al, Jesse, and y'all are living large and the 'hood is still the 'hood? That concludes my statement.

7. aghast

aghast Member

What's the source: GOP.com's "What Up?" w/ Michael Steele?

Wow, it's about time a fictional character let loose on black people. Yes, it was always Rush who wanted NFL players to be paid, yo; that's why he's always fought against the very concept of unions--he's all about increasing wages.

On some level, I always knew that racism was the fault of black people; it just took me 'till now to see it. I'm glad this fictional construct finally also had the guts to tell it to them straight, yo. What it is, what it is...

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/6fZwMcoDVJM&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/6fZwMcoDVJM&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

8. joliver325

joliver325 Member

9. FranchiseBlade

Supporting Member

10. jo mama

jo mama Member

ive seen this tactic used here - "hey, here's one (insert person from ethnic group) who doesnt think its an issue, so therefore it shouldnt be for anyone else of said ethnic group!"

he used the word 'yo' 8 times so you know he's keepin' it real! he really took it to the 'hood' for all the 'homies'! and what is this..."100% organic slave blood"?

i was actually listening to his show when 'snerdley' did his rant - im still not sure if he was doing it in a mocking manner or if he was being serious - but this whole tirade was just a little overboard. i dont believe that this 'snerdley' guy even exists. could one of you dittoheads (cough, cough...giddyup) confirm whether or not this is the first time 'snerdley' has ever spoken on air? i always figured it was a made-up person that limbaugh liked to pretend to talk to.

11. joliver325

joliver325 Member

12. aghast

aghast Member

Snerdley is indeed a fictional character, voiced by one of Limbaugh's producers. But that doesn't stop 'im from rappin' da truth to his homies, yo.

Using an affected, stereotypically racist patois (which hasn't been used by any actual person*, white/black/brown, in at least two decades), voiced by a fictive radio character, to defend himself from charges of racism is a novel defense by Limbaugh. But really, what other choice did he have here? His words speak for themselves.

*Any actual person does not include Mitt Romney:

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/FDwwAaVmnf4&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/FDwwAaVmnf4&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>
    NP: poorly written on my part. I thought the jive talk clip absurdity made it obvious, but realize that it's kind of difficult to satirize Limbaugh.

13. jo mama

jo mama Member

i forgot about the romney stuff - there is also another clip of him asking a little 3 year old black kid w/ a necklace if thats his 'bling-bling'.

or michelle bachman telling micheal steele "you be da man".

or just the fact that the gop selected michael steele to be their head (obamas black so we gotta counter that!) - and the first thing he does is say how he wants to take the gop to the streets and make it more hip-hop.

maybe its just me, but it just seems like pandering at the lowest level. as if the only way to appeal to black voters is to speak 'jive'. if i was black i would probably feel a sense of bemused condescension, but as a white person i am just embarrassed, straight up yo!