1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

(BOXING): calzaghe v jones

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by verse, Nov 8, 2008.

1. verse

verse Member

undercard starts at 8:30 tonight. pay per view.

I don't know about you guys but I can't wait for this one. jones has resurrected his career since the ko losses to tarver and glen johnson. he has lost a step, but has found out that he actually can mix it up when need be. his defeat of felix trinidad was masterful, even against a fighter past his pride.

calzaghe is squared in his prime. and coming off of a 10 yr string of title defenses. his lacy defeat has been his crowning achievement, imo, even moreso than his defeat of bernard hopkins. b-hop's an alltime great but starts horridly and relies too much on his counterattack. joe outpointed b-hop due to bad strategy, imo.

should these two engage early tonight, look out! joe's handspeed is incredible but not necessarily powerful. roy may find that he can eat a few slaps to deliver a bomb. watch for straight right leads from roy while joe tries to bunnyhop, jab, and dart in/out til roy tires, then go for the kill.

could be one hell of a fight.

Prediction: roy by tko in 9

2. Harrisment

Harrisment Member

Already posted but yeah I'm also looking forward to see how this one plays out. I'd like to see Jones win, but my gut tells me that Calzaghe will win a decision.

I considered ordering the PPV, but I just dropped $60 on the Pavlik fight a few weeks ago so I'm not feeling it. I'll download the torrent right after it's over.

3. Angkor Wat

Angkor Wat Member