1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Box Scores Show Trump Lied His Ass Off About Being a High School Baseball Legend

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by No Worries, May 7, 2020.

1. No Worries

No Worries Contributing Member

Trump was well below the Mendoza Line and well below his weight.

Box Scores Show Trump Lied His Ass Off About Being a High School Baseball Legend

Here’s a shock—President Trump, who has repeatedly boasted about how great he was at baseball in high school and how he could totally have gone pro if he’d wanted to, actually pretty much sucked at it. Slate has managed to unearth nine box scores from Trump’s time at New York Military Academy, which showed a four-for-29 batting record in his sophomore, junior, and senior seasons, with three runs batted in and a single run scored. Trump’s batting average in the nine games Slate found box scores for stood at a disappointing .138. Slate asked The Athletic’s Keith Law, a senior baseball writer, if Trump’s numbers sounded like those of someone who could have gone pro. “You don’t hit .138 for some podunk, cold-weather high school playing the worst competition you could possibly imagine,” Law said. “It’s absolutely laughable. He hit .138—he couldn’t ****ing hit, that’s pretty clear.”

2. Andre0087

Andre0087 Member

Trump lied? No way!

3. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Defining a pathological liar
    A pathological liar is someone who lies compulsively. While there appears to be many possible causes for pathological lying, it’s not yet entirely understood why someone would lie this way.

Some lies seem to be told in order to make the pathological liar appear the hero, or to gain acceptance or sympathy, while there’s seemingly nothing to be gained from other lies.

This description should be branded on Trump's forehead!

Blatz, FranchiseBlade and RayRay10 like this.
  4. conquistador#11

The foxy spin:
    You are fake news again! Many great mlb players have had bad hitting averages,
    Roger Clemens. .173
    Roy Oswalt . 154
    Justin Verlander .100

Are you saying those are not great players?
    Be grateful, Trump could have played professional basbeball in any era, 1897 or 2020! Hater.

5. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

100 bucks says if he’s questioned about this he claims he was a pitcher throwing 95 at 15.

T_Man and Two Sandwiches like this.
  6. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

I really hope the fact that he's been exposed here gets through his protective bubble. Like the Lincoln Project should do an ad here. It needs to go on Twitter. Some real director should get involved in it.

This could be the thing - and the mass death, misery, and destruction due to his incompetence and narcissism - that incapacitates him to the level where his handlers finally invoke the 25th Amendment.

B-Bob and RayRay10 like this.
  7. IBTL

IBTL Member
    Supporting Member

"Lots of people tell me I could have gone pro ..great genes.. even mike lindell was amazed"

8. superfob

superfob Mommy WOW! I'm a Big Kid now.

I heard he scored four touchdowns in a single game.

jiggyfly, Rashmon, xcrunner51 and 4 others like this.
  9. Buck Turgidson

My favorite part is the lie about having a pro tryout with Willie McCovey, which led to him giving up baseball...the same Willie McCovey who was already playing for the Giants and is 8 years older than Trump.

To borrow a quote: "The Giants took a look at them both…McCovey, the 6’2", lean lefthanded power hitter from Mobile, Alabama, and Trump, the 9-year old phenom from Queens. It was a bold gamble by the Giants, and they were roundly booed by fans for their signing McCovey."

10. Two Sandwiches

Two Sandwiches Contributing Member

Trump was better than Bo.

RayRay10 likes this.
  11. Newlin

Newlin Member

DAMN YOU PEOPLE!

Do you have any idea how hard it is to play baseball with bone spurs?

Trump is practically superhuman. No one has ever seen anything like it!

T_Man, calcium, Rashmon and 1 other person like this.
  12. B@ffled

B@ffled Member

Uncle Rico...lol

13. SamFisher

LOL, that was my favorite too. I personally renounced basketball when the Knicks drafted Patrick Ewing #1 in 1985. I was sitting there in elementrary school, playing in the YMCA league, and first I was angry, when they took him instead of me.

Then I realized, well, maybe my 4 foot whatever 60 lb self is not going to be able to handle this guy in the post, so it's time to go in a different direction. After which I became one of the most successful individuals of all time. That's what they say.

T_Man, Buck Turgidson and RayRay10 like this.
  14. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

Never heard of his boasting about baseball, but not surprised. They should find the other kids in the boxscore and interview them about how they remember Trump the athlete.

15. SamFisher

The original long form investigation on this is a must read. It's too bad they just handed out the Pulitzer's.

https://slate.com/culture/2020/05/donald-trump-baseball-high-school-nyma.html

Was Donald Trump Good at Baseball?
    The president has long claimed he could have gone pro. We looked into it.

tl;dr: he was average to sucked according to all evidence and made everything up

RayRay10 likes this.
  16. IBTL

IBTL Member
    Supporting Member

I like the way he is so athletic yet cant go to military because of bone spurs

T_Man and RayRay10 like this.
  17. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

U aint lyin' you aint tryin'
    -Art of Dealin Wit Chumps

RayRay10 likes this.
  18. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

How many games did he play? Nine or is that just a small sample size meant to manipulate the average?

19. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

Actually athletics can cause bone spurs...

20. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

Those were the only 9 box scores the writer could find in his research.

The most telling lie is Trump saying he was at a try out with Willie McCovey since Willie is 8 years older and had been in the majors for 5 years when this supposed try out would have occurred.