1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. LIVE WATCH EVENT
    The NBA Draft is here! Come join Clutch in the ClutchFans Room Wednesday night at 6:30pm CT as we host the live online NBA Draft Watch Party. Who will the Rockets select at #3?

NBA Draft - LIVE!

Borat got beaten up

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Xenochimera, Nov 15, 2006.

1. Xenochimera

Xenochimera Contributing Member

Borat spanked by angry Yank

By EMILY SMITH
    US Editor
    November 13, 2006

COMMENT ON THIS STORY

BORAT star Sacha Baron Cohen was beaten up by a passer-by after he tried to play a prank as his alter ego.

He approached the man and said: “I like your clothings. Are nice! Please may I buying? I want have sex with it.”

But the bystander didn’t see the joke. He took one look at Cohen and punched him in the face.

The funnyman — known for his Borat catchphrase “Jagshemash!” — yelled for help but was slugged again and again.

He was rescued by actor pal Hugh Laurie who had been on his way to a New York bar with Cohen.
    Laurie rushed to help and pushed the man away as Cohen struggled to his feet. A pal of Cohen said: “Sacha couldn’t resist playing the fool as Borat, but picked on the wrong person.

“I guess this guy thought he was being attacked by someone unstable and lashed out. Sacha is very lucky he didn’t get a much worse beating.”

The incident took place after Laurie and Cohen appeared on the US TV show Saturday Night Live. The Brit comics were on their way to a late dinner when Laurie suggested they visit a bar in Manhattan.

Laurie, 47, told friends he feared Cohen was going to get badly beaten up. Luckily, 35-year-old Cohen did not receive any lasting scars.

Studio chiefs have warned Cohen to avoid pretending to be the spoof Kazakhstan TV reporter on the streets. Since the film was launched he has only appeared in character while promoting the movie on American television shows.

Borat: Cultural Learnings of America For Make Benefit Glorious Nation of Kazakhstan is tipped to become the highest grossing comedy of all time.
    # A FOREIGN exchange firm is thanking Borat for sparking a surge in travel to Kazakhstan. Travelex has ordered £500,000 worth of its Tenge currency to cope with the boom and a spokesman said: “It’s down to Borat.”

But the Romanian village of Glod is SUING Borat for ridiculing locals after filming movie scenes there. A one-armed resident said: “It’s disgusting.”

http://www.thesun.co.uk/article/0,,2-2006520669,00.html

2. RocketMan Tex

RocketMan Tex Contributing Member

Now who could have predicted this?

He's lucky...in Houston he might have gotten shot! :eek:

Seriously though...Mr. Cohen had better watch his ass for a while.

3. Uprising

Uprising Contributing Member

well...the first...of many.

4. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

Hugh Laurie is a comic?? C'mon now.

5. Coach AI

Coach AI Contributing Member

The one thing that really struck me in Borat was how freaked out some of those folks in NYC were.

6. RunninRaven

RunninRaven Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I'm surprised he is still trying to do the character.

7. Oski2005

Oski2005 Contributing Member

Yes, he did have a career before House. I remember him from Blackadder Goes Forth which starred Rowan Atkinson (Mr. Bean).

8. getsmartnow

getsmartnow Contributing Member

This guy's a doctor??? :D

[​IMG]

9. rrj_gamz

rrj_gamz Contributing Member

This is funny...I'm sure it wasn't the first time...

10. crums17

crums17 Contributing Member

Rupert Murdoch sucks. British women suck for their ridiculous obsession with tabloids. Which is to say the Sun sucks. Borat and House, however, do not suck.

#10 crums17, Nov 15, 2006
    Last edited: Nov 15, 2006
  11. jgreen91

jgreen91 Member

12. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Is this guy the New Andy Kaufman?

Rocket River

13. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

I LIIIIIIIIIKE!

14. Two Sandwiches

Two Sandwiches Contributing Member

That's funny that House was the one to break up the fight. Almost like something scripted on a tv show.

15. Yaozer

Yaozer Member

Silly Sasha Cohen.. he should've changed characters to the gangsta Ali G. That would've been an interesting fight to see

16. univac hal

univac hal Contributing Member

Yeah, and he also did A Bit Of Fry And Laurie with Stephen Fry. Simply HILARIOUS show

I was thinking the same thing.. but Ali would have gotten his ass kicked as well :D

17. Achilleus

Achilleus Member

18. A-Train

A-Train Contributing Member

I don't know, for some reason Sacha Cohen and Hugh Laurie hanging out together at a bar just seems kind of weird...

19. the futants

the futants Contributing Member

uh...no.