1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. LIVE WATCH EVENT
    The NBA Draft is here! Come join Clutch in the ClutchFans Room Wednesday night at 6:30pm CT as we host the live online NBA Draft Watch Party. Who will the Rockets select at #3?

NBA Draft - LIVE!

Blockbuster and Dish tip for current subscribers

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by aeroman10, Oct 2, 2011.

1. aeroman10

aeroman10 Contributing Member

Just found out today that if you are currently a Dish Network customer and also subscribe to Blockbuster by mail service you can link your account save $ and get extra channels as part of this new feature.

First make sure that your Dish Network and Blockbuster email addresses are the same.

Then go login to your Dish Account and select My Programming.
    Select Movie Pass and submit the change. You will then be asked to verify and link your Blockbuster account. Your queue and all your Blockbuster settings will be migrated. The cost for 1 DVD at a time is $10 and you will also get additional channels:

http://www.dishnetwork.com/blockbuster/customer.aspx

This is pretty cool considering I already had both services separately and linking them together gives you more features, channels and possibly savings..

If you have Dish but no Blockbuster account this a a good deal as well. You can add this to your account the same way as described above to start this service and get the extra channels. I already liked Blockbuster better than Netflix and this integration with Dish makes it even better.

Another thing is if you activate any compatible device (Android, Blu-Ray Player, TV, etc..) with your Blockbuster account you get $5 posted to your acct right away so you can use it towards any movie you like.

#1 aeroman10, Oct 2, 2011
    Last edited: Oct 2, 2011
  2. TheChosenOne

TheChosenOne Contributing Member

Dish network sucks

3. aeroman10

Yeah, everything sucks, Dish, Direct, Comcast, ATT...
    Thanks for your opinion and input. :rolleyes:

4. YaosDirtyStache

If you dont mind me asking, how much business do you do with your computer repair thing?

The reason I ask is because I never have used them and dont know anyone who has...is it a viable market?

5. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

I have been very satisfied with Dish.

6. aeroman10

I setup the compute repair site long time ago to see if I can make some extra cash. People did call and email and it was actually too much for me and none of my lazy friends wanted to earn extra cash so I stopped. I set the prices WAY lower than all other places though, so maybe that's why so many people called. I forgot that I still had the link in my signature -- removed

7. lue03

lue03 Contributing Member

So for an extra 10 bucks ( I only have dish) I get a few more channels and 1 dvd by mail? Can I get more? Will it cost more?

8. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

It's Monday and I'm a little slow, but how much is Blockbuster per month? Also, do you get these extra channels for as long as you have your Blockbuster account?

I might do this just to get Palladia back. Not sure why they took it off my normal package.

EDIT: Okay, I saw that 19.99 and thought it was the price for Blockbuster. Guess I'll go home and see which of these channels I have and don't have and see if it works out or not. Thanks for the heads up.

9. aeroman10

It says you can get more DVD's instead of 1 at a time and yes it will cost more. Still cheaper than Netflix and also cheaper than Blockbuster used to charge before being bought by Dish.

You also get online streaming with this.

I only had 1 DVD at a time with Blockbuster so this deal was really good for me. Monthly fee went down to $10 instead of $12 and I get 20+ more channels and streaming and one bill instead of 2.

Here are the extra channels you get (yes..some are crap but to those who already have Blockbuster or were going to get it as stand-alone service..this is a bonus)

Centric HD
    Crime & Investigation HD
    Encore Suspense
    EPIX HD
    EPIX2 HD
    HD Theatre
    HDNet Movies
    Hallmark Movie Channel
    IndiePlex HD
    LOGO HD
    MAVTV HD
    MGM HD
    MoviePlex
    Palladia HD
    PixL HD
    RetroPlex HD
    Sony Movie Channel
    Starz Cinema
    Sundance
    Universal HD
    World Fishing Network

10. aeroman10

In order to get these extra channels you have to add the Movie Pass feature through your DishNetwork account. This feature gives you the Blockbuster by mail (1 DVD or game at a time) and unlimited store exchanges - its $10. It says you can upgrade to 2 or 3 DVD's at a time as well by going to the "A La Carte" section through your Dish acct under programming.

11. lue03

I already have those channels. hows the streaming?

12. lue03

my billed this month has something called movie pass for $10. is that it? if so why i'm i being charge if i didn't agree to have this?

13. lue03

where under A La Carte" section section is this found?

14. aeroman10

They had this feature before but all it gave you is the 20+ extra premium channels -- which you said you already have so that explains why you have Movie Pass.

15. aeroman10

I don't see it either. Their FAQ says it should be there.
    Going to ask them and will let you know what they say.

16. lue03

i got rid of it so my new bill shows up as $10 cheaper. I might come back to it in the future once Netflix goes crazy.

17. lue03

Sorry, I already got rid of it. I’m a big TV show guy and to have one disc at a time will take forever to finish a show. Like I said above I might give it a real chance once Netflix goes crazier.

18. rimrocker

rimrocker Contributing Member

Awesome! I just told my boss I was feeling ill so I could run home and sign up for this deal. Screw Netflix... we're talking the World Fishing Network!