1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Blinebury: Last Tango with Adelman. Hello, Mike Budenholzer.

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Carl Herrera, Apr 12, 2011.

1. roslolian

roslolian Member

Great point, except about JVG not playing rookies. JVG has never sat a rookie for half a season the way Adelman did. Also Miller over Thabeet and Hill is completely inexcusable in a non-playoff game, and shows extreme laziness on Adelman's part. He really should go.

2. roslolian

roslolian Member

Actually you CAN blame him for not playing those guys. As a coach his first priority should be the Rockets, and not his personal agenda. TO me its a microscosm of why Adelman won't be a good coach unless the team is already rock solid: he's lazy at age 65 and would rather just play the players he won't have to manage anymore. Squid can't learn the offense? Well in the doghouse you go! I'm going with Brooks all night every night even if he's going 1-8 and causing us to miss the playoffs. What, PP is a rookie and I have to actually teach him? Well then just cool your heels for half a season and maybe later when I feel like it I'll give you some PT :rolleyes:

3. roslolian

roslolian Member

Of course this same team without any all stars and starting a 6'6 center went on a tear when Adelman couldn't play his pet Aaron Brooks 20 minutes a night. We don't really need a coach who's young and hungry, but we do need a coach who will actually play the players Morey brings in, instead of sticking with the players he's most comfortable with.

4. BetterThanEver

I remember Spanoulis and Novak sitting for half the season, while Battier and Alston were getting 35-40 minutes a game during the 4th quarter collapses. Alston was always running out gas, because of these 40 minute games.

5. Commodore

Commodore Member

can't go wrong with a Popovich assistant...

<iframe title="YouTube video player" width="640" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/WPb2nZPxffU#t=0m21s" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

6. Half Nelson

Half Nelson Member

It was worse in JVG's case because I think its easier to teach defense than offense. We need to build onto our great offense, not start over from scratch and end up with mediocre offense and so-so defense. If we get a legit big man, we'll have a great offense and average defense at the very least.

7. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Member

Man... I pray they hire Mike Brown. I just want to listen to him and Les Alexander having a good laugh together.

8. favhr#12

favhr#12 Member

y nobody believes the Rockets will hire Jack Sigma?

9. AggNRox

AggNRox Member

i don't want to see another non defensive minded coach coming to rox. i don't care about big name. i don't care about how fun a game is to watch. i care only about winning.

now it's time to turn to the young generation. we've already screwed up once (letting tom walk away). we missed a rising star coach. i hope les find a young coach as he got dm.

btw, i don't like mike brown. yes, he was pop's assistant but what he did in cleveland is nothing. no coaching at all. he rode lebron to help him. he coached nothing. no strategy, no play book. only thing he did over there is to ask rest of players to give ball to lebron. that's it.

1 person likes this.
  10. smoothie

smoothie Jabari Jungle

the cover up is in full blast.

adelman doesn't want to be here. at this stage of his career the guy needs/wants a win-now situation.

les is just playing the "you didn't dump me, i dumped you!" game.

11. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Can someone photoshop Adelman and Alexander into this picture?

[​IMG]

12. Z-Ro&Trae

Z-Ro&Trae Member

larry brown is a good coach though. he single handedly made the bobcraps a play-off team.

13. SugarLandDream8

Not easy to get that at all. Not for lacking of trying either.

14. Rookie34

Rookie34 Member

I agree and I think Rick could be on his way to the Miami Heat. They need a better coach and he gives them a better shot for a ring next season. If someone deserves another shot for a ring, it's Rick!

15. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

what an idiot. Its extremely blunt but wow.

Go ahead and shoot the famished horse because he can not run as fast.

16. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

this horse is old not just thirsty. time to make some glue.:cool:

17. leebigez

leebigez Member

I would like to see Lambieer,Cleamons,or Brian Shaw.

I like the triangle concepts Cleamons and shaw would bring and I like how Lambieer managed the ego and emotional balance of the shock in wnba. He's a tough coach and coached those women tough.

18. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Member

Ego in WNBA?

19. SWTsig

SWTsig Member

wait... what?

did you completely forget about the decade of mediocirty they've been stuck in w/o adelman or was that post tongue-in-cheek?

20. rockbox

rockbox Around before clutchcity.com

He forgot to mention how great the kings were before Adelman. LOL