1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Bill Maher: ‘Fat Acceptance’

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by tinman, Aug 6, 2022.

1. tinman

tinman Member
    Supporting Member

does it matter what race the youtuber is?
    the scale doesn't lie.
    @Os Trigonum
    @LosPollosHermanos

2. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Member
    Supporting Member

We should take every single idiotic person's rant on the internet and have a YouTube political vlogger make a video out of it.

3. tinman

tinman Member
    Supporting Member

She put it out there first
    White people causes Indian girl to be fat

Salvy likes this.
  4. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Member
    Supporting Member

Yeah, she's an idiot. I thought you were against posting idiot hot takes. ;)

Look, there's no doubt the British f'd India up big time. Yeah you can always find a path to blame one group or another for everything. But at the end of the day, you have to understand the problem of what's happening, and figure out how to solve it. Her rant is about placing blame, not about solving a problem. Blame in this case is just an excuse to continue her behavior.

You know who else does this? The MAGA crowd. They like to blame all the problems on the liberals.

5. Pole

Pole Houston Rockets--Tilman Fertitta's latest mess.

As a fat guy, I can say that society would probably benefit from a better, stronger Covid that kills most of us fatties.

AroundTheWorld and Nook like this.
  6. Tomstro

Tomstro Member

I run on the elliptical for 40-50 minutes, 4 or 5 times a week. I eat what I want. I stay pretty trim. While I run, I usually listen to one of my playlists and/or I watch the Astros.

Its not hard to get fat. Its also not hard to keep it off. I’m not saying we should shame fat people, that is definitely cruel. It’s just not that hard to lose the weight if you want to.

AroundTheWorld likes this.
  7. tinman

tinman Member
    Supporting Member

the DC and Marvel woke comic book people like to blame MANGA for their comics failing
    but really it's just bad content like gay Spiderman

this fat person might be thinner if she didn't eat so much and did some exercise

Entropy likes this.
  8. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

Yikes!

9. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

It's not as easy as this, and running 40-50 times a week is not easy.

It's not about activity with some people, it's more about genetics.

I am a fairly active person and even when I go to the gym 3-4 times a week I can't just eat anything I want.

When I am not active, I gain easier than most people and can gain 10 to 15 very quickly.

10. Tomstro

Tomstro Member

If you cant set aside 40-50 minutes 4 times a week to take care of yourself you are doing it wrong. I do eat whatever I want. If I watched my intake more I could easily go down another 10 pounds. I like to eat, so I do what I can to be able to enjoy that part of life. Taking 10,000 steps a day is also a great way of dropping weight. Yes, different genetics obviously matter. However, doing nothing matters more.

tinman likes this.
  11. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

So now it's 40 to 50 minutes to take care of yourself.

How about if you are working 2 jobs or shift work?

What if you have kids who have extracurricular activities?

This is not about doing nothing, it's about your asinine comment that walking 40 to 50 minutes 4 times a week is easy or that is all it takes.

I walk 30 minutes and a couple of miles 5 times a week traversing my school, but I still gain weight, and it's not like I go to a buffet every day or even eat a lot of bad stuff.

12. Tomstro

Tomstro Member

I never changed what I said. In both posts I say 40-50 minutes 4 to 5 times a week (i did only say 4 times a week in the 2nd one but nothing was changed).

I have 3 kids. I have a full time job. I was overweight too. Make it part of your lifestyle. If I didn’t take care of my body, I would be fat. When I say I eat what I want, It is still somewhat within reason. I don’t stuff my face with cake and ice cream (although I will occasionally) and I dont eat giant meals at every sitting. I drink a fair amount of water which helps a lot too. Im not gonna go no carb or anything like that. Try to keep sweets and sodas at a minimum.

tinman likes this.
  13. tinman

tinman Member
    Supporting Member

Yes if people took responsibility for their health instead of making lunatic excuses
    Then they would be healthy

for the fat people who are celebrities, it makes no sense cause their job is to look good and sound good etc

they have access to the best personal trainers and it’s usually for the job

Entropy likes this.
  14. Phillyrocket

Phillyrocket Member

This is basically what I do as well though I naturally have a high metabolism and my homeostasis is to be thin. I have 4 kids and a FT job and they all have activities. The trick is that you maintain a very, very, strict routine.

Dinner is cooked at 6, eat at 6:30, 7-8 is help with HW and family time. 8-9 is treadmill time and watch TV while doing it. Kids in bed at 9. 9-10:30 is shower, read, peruse the internet, and spend time with the Mrs. Activities are limited to M and F evenings where the kid is dropped off and picked up and Saturdays.

I do 10,000 steps M-F and 150+ high heart rate minutes weekly just running while watching HOTD or whatever.

I used to chow down on sweets especially cookies and I’ve cut down to just 3 a day after dinner. It’s not easy to cut out foods you love but it can be done.

jiggyfly likes this.
  15. Tomstro

Tomstro Member

pretty close to my routine. I run as late as 11 pm. Usually around 8 or 9 like you. I have days where I take 30,000 steps or more, but I average about 15,000 or so.

16. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

I have a low metabolism and do about half to a quarter of what you do and still can gain weight or not lose any weight.

Metabolism means a lot and not everybody can maintain a strict routine, not everybody works 9-5.

Its always funny when skinny people act like it's all matter of discipline or that discipline should be easy.

17. Tomstro

Tomstro Member

you’re clearly at the anger stage, which is good. That means you are ready to take control. Nobody ever said that discipline is easy. Not sure where you got that. It only becomes easier when your desire to change outweighs your reluctance to do so. When that happens, you will reach your goals. After that, the anger and negativity and frustration melt away and you lead a better, more positive life.

18. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Member
    Supporting Member

It's more about diet than exercise. The saying you can't outwork a bad diet is very true and I know from personal experience (because I tried!). I don't know your age but for some of us, it's hard even if you eat right and exercise. Metabolism plays a big role as well as just having time. If you work an office job, it gets much tougher because you spend so much time sitting. Not to mention your body fights against you when you try to lose weight.

I think people put too much emphasis on weight instead of focusing on health. Eliminate processed foods and sugar and you've done more than half the battle.

pirc1, rocketsjudoka and jiggyfly like this.
  19. Tomstro

Tomstro Member

my biggest flaw with food is eating late night while watching TV. I would lose more weight if I cut that out. I am happy with being fairly trim. I am not “skinny” as the one poster put it. I really haven’t been skinny since my mid 30’s. I am 5’10 and probably about 175 (i do not weigh myself often). I got up to 215 or so a few years ago and I looked pretty bad but felt worse. For me, it’s about feeling better and being healthy for my kids as I am an old Dad. I am 49 and my kids are 9, 6, and now a newborn. So, I wanna be around as long as I can for them (my wife too as she is only 35).

20. Nook

Nook Member

Post pictures so that we can critique your muscle tone and physique.

Do you have well developed pectoral muscle and are your biceps at least 25 inches around?

It really isn't hard to add muscle. I know people that just get up early before work and hit the free weights for 90 minutes and they are good to go.

jiggyfly likes this.