1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Bill Heard Chervorlet Closing it's doors? Largest Chevy dealer in the world.

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by tested911, Sep 25, 2008.

1. tested911

tested911 Member

World's best-selling Chevy dealer closing doors at all 13 stores

Bill Heard Enterprises sells more Chevy cars and trucks than any dealer in the world, but that distinction isn't enough to keep the doors open at the dealer's 13 stores. The soft economy, fuel prices and an over-reliance on the sales of trucks and SUVs were the reasons stated for the demise of these Chevy superstores. Another possible reason for the mass closure could have something to do with a pending suit against Bill Heard Enterprises involving signature forgery and deceptive marketing that could result in up to $50 million in fines.

2,700 people worked at the stores, and now all of those workers are out of a job. The dealer consortium didn't give workers any notice, either. Managers were told yesterday at 2PM that the stores were closing, and the doors are locked today. Customers with vehicles in the service area were told to pick up their cars, fixed or not, and customers arriving to pick up their new cars were given back their trade-ins. What a mess. We know GM is looking to cut back on its overpopulated dealer-body, but we're pretty sure the General would want the situation handled better than this.

2. Uprising

Uprising Contributing Member

WOW. Glad I didn't have any business with them.

Bill Heard.....isn't that the place that's on 59/90? I remember some dude would always be out there picketing / protesting against them from across the street lol.

3. tested911

tested911 Member

That is the place and I live right behind it. They are the black eye of SugarLand.

4. Pete the Cheat

yea I remember that picketor, as well. I never really heard alot of other negative stories about that place, but the way this was handled is pretty much a scum-bag move, no two ways about it...

5. BmwM3

BmwM3 Contributing Member

I've heard from several people that they have very SHADY business practices. I'm not surprised at all they are going out of business.

6. LonghornFan

LonghornFan Contributing Member

Good riddance.

7. JVGFAN

JVGFAN Member

This wont be the last of it. A lot of dealerships have been closing around the country the last few years. A weak economy and domestic auto sales being in the toilet have been leading up to this. I worked in a ford service department for 8 years. I used to be able to make 6-7 grand a month, but by the time i left it was a good month to make 4 grand. I would expect more closures soon.....

8. tested911

tested911 Member

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/5LItBCG58xE&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/5LItBCG58xE&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/QU8edSsYhVw&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/QU8edSsYhVw&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

9. TexasFight

TexasFight Member

That's where I bought my 'vette last year.

damn...

10. SirCharlesFan

SirCharlesFan Contributing Member

cleverly disguised brag

11. Nice Rollin

Nice Rollin Contributing Member

fixed???? :D

12. TexasFight

TexasFight Member

no more like real concern! i had a good relationship with the guys there...

i was supposed to bring my car in for a 5,000 mile check up - had an appt. for next week.

now i gotta find another dealership and foster a new relationship with them

13. alexcapone

alexcapone Contributing Member

The only fond memory I have of them was that they sponsored the Rockets in the championship years. As a kid I wanted my dad to buy a car from there because they would give you an autographed Rockets ball if you did...

14. rrj_gamz

rrj_gamz Contributing Member

LMAO... :D ...I was thinking the same thing...lol...

I bought a truck from them a long time ago, like in 1991...I do remember the finance guy as he was actually a nice guy...He gave some good advice and told me that vehicle is a luxury and I didn't need to spend that kind of money on it given what i was making at the time...Of course I ignored him and bought it anyway, but I never forgot that he tried to be honest...

My truck was stolen a month later...

15. Mattj

Mattj Member

They will be re-opening under new ownership by January.

16. Landlord Landry

I wonder if Bill Ford Jr. had anything to do with this? ;)

all chebbie dealers should close their doors and quit polluting the streets with tack welded garbage.

17. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

I worked in the service drive for a few months back in 99. Those guys are scumbags.