1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Biggest surprise from Wild card weekend.

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by GRENDEL, Jan 10, 2005.

?

Which loss surprised you the most from the Wild Card round.

1. Green Bay getting buried at home

16 vote(s)
    43.2%
  2. Seahawks letting the game slip through their fingers

6 vote(s)
    16.2%
  3. Chargers conservative lose

15 vote(s)
    40.5%
  1. GRENDEL

GRENDEL Member

3 home teams lost on this first weekend of the NFL playoffs. Which surprised you the most?

Most surprising was the Packers getting buried at home. Personally, I think this is the end of Farve’s Packers as a power.

The Chargers Jets game was probably the most entertaining game. While I think the Seahawk/Rams game was the most pain loss of the weekend. I really felt bad for Seahawk fans at the end of that one.

Anyone else? Thoughts, opinions.

2. RocketManJosh

RocketManJosh Member

Being at the Chargers game on Saturday night, and then coming home to find out about Beltran made it one of the worst sports nights of my life. Probably second to the Oilers loss in Buffalo ... Nothing will ever top that ... I hope

I really think the biggest surprise though is the Chargers loss, just by looking at how they've played lately compared to the Jets.

I wasn't surprised by Seattle losing since they've done that to the Rams all year. And Minnesota can beat ANYONE when they have a good game. Plus Favre and the Pack really havn't played well all season.

3. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

Being a Packers fan, the biggest surprise is the Chargers game.

I laughed all week at these so-called experts who were pencilling the Packers into the next round. They forgot that the Vikings still had Culpepper and Moss, that they're bitter rivals, and that both regular season games could've easily gone the Vikings way. Not to mention, they were never really all that impressive this year, even when they were on their winning streak. The only big surprise in that game was the ease in which they won.

4. RocketMan Tex

RocketMan Tex Member

Packers losing was the biggest surprise. I thought they might lose to the Vikes, but I thought it would be alot closer than that. Don't be surprised if the Vikes take down the Eagles next weekend.

5. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

Marty playing conservative when he clearly had the better offense.

Farve throwing too many picks in an important game.

Moss doing something immature.

6. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Member

The GB loss didn't surprise me at all. The mystique of Lambeau Field has been gone for years and the Vikings have the better team.

The Rams/Seahawks game didn't surprise me either. I knew the Seahawks would find a way to lose, much like the Oilers of the 90's. Holmgren is overrated.

The Charger game surprised me the most. I thought they would roll the Jets. As an old Oiler fan, I know EXACTLY how the people of San Diego are feeling this morning.

7. GRENDEL

GRENDEL Member

I think the same thing, they Vikes are on a sudden upswing with the win. They have a ton of talent and I wouldn't want to be facing them in the next round. Don't be surprised if the pull out a second upset.