1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Biden is no joke; will vote for him again

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by KingCheetah, Jul 2, 2021.

1. astros123

astros123 Member

....can you tell me who nominates the DNC chair......? The day before the election biden gave a prime time speech about the importance of democracy and EVERY single election denier lost their race in 2022. How in the world can you not say bidens strategy worked?

https://www.youtube.com/live/XC-k-lhml4o?feature=share

Are you forgetting this speech which had over 20 MILLION VIEWS and biden got bashed non stop for being too divisive... Biden was the one who drove the message of Maga being crazy. Progressives bashed biden for his strategy of playing dirty and lifting up Maga candidates even though he was right all along.

You don't even know who nominates the head of the DNC. Cmon now lmao. Are you bernie bro?!

2. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

The Presidential nominee gets to make most of the platform. What you heard of the DNC strategy was very much Biden's strategy and it was reinforced in 2020 with his speech about "extreme MAGA".
    Conseratives themselves though can't control that their stances on abortion, elections, and several other issues are seen as very threatening and that was no small part of why there wasn't a Red Wave.

I personally would like to see someone younger but I'm not sure there is anyone who can unite the Democrats like Biden. Also Biden was written off after IA and NH in 2020 but came roaring back in the primaries. When it looked like the bipartisan infrastructure plan was dead in the Senate he was written off. After the disastrous withdrawl from Afghanistan he was written off. He and the Dems were written off back in October 2022 when there was so much talk of inflation and that many were saying it would be possible for the Republicans to get a filibuster proof majority in the Senate. in all of those cases he's come back. People like to talk about 4D chess but at this point Biden's stumbling and bumbling might actually be 4D chesss.

joshuaao and Andre0087 like this.
  3. dmoneybangbang

What are you talking about? The Philippines are allowing the US more access/building more bases in order to counter China's military expansion in the region.

Do I think Biden's decades of experience between Congress and Vice President have served him well trying to reestablish why the American led order is preferred? Sure.

Do I think Biden alone could achieve this, and there is no other Democratic nominee that could achieve this? No.

I think DeSantis and Trump could have also secured this deal if they wanted or in the future (in DeSantis's case), but the issue is more of current GOP orthodoxy (isolationism). However, I think DeSantis is shrewd enough politically to make this more about countering China than being the global police".

Because of the Chinese navy's increasing incursions into the Philippines EEZ, like harassing Filipino fisherman away from waters claimed by China and the Philippines.

4. astros123

astros123 Member

He doesn't even know that the president literally hand selects the DNC chair and crafts the message himself. Biden literally controls the entire DNC message and that's how it's been with every democratic president.

The DNC made a conscious decision to meddle in republican primaries and lift up the craziest candidates. No political party has NEVER done that before in American politics ever.

I don't understand the disingenuous attacks against biden. Give him credit where it's due. He played dirty.

5. dmoneybangbang

I disagree, I don't think it was Biden leading the 2020 and 2022 strategy meetings and I don't think Biden writes his speeches, which isn't to say he doesn't have input or part of the process.

I am just voicing my opinion that Biden will lose if he runs against DeSantis or Haley. I think Covid helped the Biden campaign and I think it's been a strategy of the Dems to use the GOP's extremism against them.

6. astros123

astros123 Member

"I don't think it was Biden decision for crafting the 2022 message" even though Biden hand selected the DNC chair (who helped select radical republican candidates) and gave 6 speeches in the final 2 months about the threat of democracy.

Thanks for showing how disingenuous your argument is. You make as much sense as MAGA election deniers do

You didn't even who selected the DNC chair. It's hilarious how you can make this judgment without even knowing basics of the political system.

#2986 astros123, Feb 7, 2023
    Last edited: Feb 7, 2023
  7. rocketsjudoka

Supporting Member

What is the basis of not believing Biden doesn't lead the strategy meetings or the party platform like every other presidential nominee? Do you have reports from DNC insiders that this wasn't the case?

And Presidents have speech writers but the speech writers are supposed to write what the President wants. Do you think that Biden is just letting his speech writers dictate not just what he says but what he thinks?
    Of course you can voice your opinion and I think DeSantis and Haley would be tough challenges for Biden. Given what happened in the midterms though I wouldn't write off Biden. COVID wasn't much of an issue in the midterms and to the extent it was it benefitted the Republicans. As you note also the Republicans aren't getting any less extreme. While there are signs they are abandoning Trump many of them are still all in on pushing issues like anti-abortion and culture war issues that might have the same play outside of their base.

8. dmoneybangbang

Well actually the committee always votes for the chairs but will follow democratic presidents lead if they currently control the presidency.

My point is that I don’t believe it’s Biden leading all of this. People who work at the DNC don’t always just work for one candidate so it’s not like if Biden isn’t the nominee that they’d all quit.

And it was a shrewd move. Not disputing that, I’m just disputing that only Biden could have done that.

Then you don’t understand what is being said and are a bit overly sensitive when it comes to Biden.

I don’t know what to tell if you can’t wrap your head around the fact that I can be both very supportive of what Biden has done but not want him to run again.

9. dmoneybangbang

What’s the basis for assuming that nominees are leading these strategy meetings? Do you have DNC minutes to show Biden was leading all these strategy meetings?

My entire point is pushing back that Biden alone could have done this which has been @astros123 rhetoric…. Only Biden could come up with the 2022 mid term strategy… Only Biden could get a deal with the Philippines…. Only Biden could achieve what has been done….

I just believe Biden was tremendously helped by Covid in 2020 as public speaking/campaigning just isn’t his strong suit.

My opinion have nothing to do with his accomplishments but just how he’s going to look, act, and talk when campaigning. I look at pictures from 2020 until today, and it’s quite apparent to me how much the job has aged him.

10. astros123

astros123 Member

Do you mind telling me who nominates the DNC committee members ? In the history of the party no president has EVER had their dnc chair rejected. Biden was the who installed most of the members in the committee.

Let me guess now you wanna claim the DNC also writes up Biden white house position? Biden is already going on the offense and stating any Medicare talks equals to death panel and gop are killing Americans.

Biden is not afraid to play dirty and get in the mud. Obama and Clinton were weakling and never attacked the Republicans. Tea party had photos of Obama looking like an APE yet Obama let them walk over him with their racist bs.

All I'm saying is biden age helps him more than it hurts. He's too old to care to what pundits and others say which is why dem have played so dirty. Obama and others were too worried about life after office.

#2990 astros123, Feb 7, 2023
    Last edited: Feb 7, 2023
  11. astros123

astros123 Member

i think its the complete opposite. Covid hurt Biden. Alot of business people I know were scared as hell of lockdowns with biden and democrats shutting down business so they voted for trump. Most Americans were over covid by November of 2020. Especially in the minority community where most folks have small businesses. Lockdowns hurt them alot and didn't want to return and voted for trump.

You do realize biden grew up in the 70s and 80s when politicians had to talk to their people. There was no social media or computers. Biden has lived and grew up on campaigning and its what he loves the most.

Biden is a normie person who comes across as a normal person and people like that. That's why trump was so successful. He was able to paint himself as normal.

12. rocketsjudoka

Supporting Member

The basis is history. In nearly all previous Presidential elections the nominee had a large say in the platform. This is supported by insider stories about such discussions from previous conventions. From the 2020 platform while Biden didn't write it it reflected many of his views and whie it included Progressives positions it didn't favor them and followed the more centrist approach that Biden championed.
    https://www.nytimes.com/2020/08/19/us/politics/democratic-party-platform.html
    Of course Biden alone didn't do it all but he clearly led the effort including getting disparate parts of the Democrats and even several Republicans to come on board. This was done with numerically a weak hand in the Senate at 50-50. Compare that to the struggles that Obama and Clinton had with outright majorities in the Senate and even stronger majorities in the House. Biden's legislative accomplishments put him with LBJ as far as success of modern Presidents.

In 2020 yes but not in 2024. While he wasn't on the ballot he is the national face of the Democrats and midterm elections are usually seen as referendums on the current President.
    Sure he looks bad, he sounds bumbling, I've personally detested Biden's style as I find him rambling and hokey. You cannot ignore though his string of accomplishments. Given all that was arrayed against him that is very impressive and not sure if another President could've done the same.

13. astros123

astros123 Member

I guarantee you any sum of money that bidens approval will go UP after today. We can wager 10 bucks if you wish. Biden always steps to a big occasion when needed and gives a big speech or whatever is needed.

His approval went up 21/22 SOTU and in 2022 after his big Poland ukraine speech. Whenever people see that biden is capable of meeting the moment and see him live they ALWAYS approve of him higher.

Again I don't buy this notion that biden "sounds bad" when you have diplomat after diplomat praising biden for his diplomacy.

The KOREAN ambassador whos been in Korean government for 40 years said on record that the greatest asset America has in hand is joe biden. Every diplomat has fallen in love with biden.

Watching edited 5 second clips can make anyone look bad.

14. rocketsjudoka

Supporting Member

I'm not going to take the bet because I already believe his approval rating will be up after this. Most presidents get lifts from SOTU and Biden can delivered a scripted speech well.

Where Biden is bad is when he speaks off the cuff especially at rallies where his enthusiasm gets the better of himself. This is where he makes such eye rollers as "CORN POP WAS A BAD MAN!" and "THEY WANT Y'ALL IN CHAINS!".. He's also no George Santos or Donald Trump but he too has a problem with the truth and has a long record of exagerating, plagarizing and flat out making stuff up.

15. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

So many classic Bidens.

Like his "shoot them in the legs" remark. He's got some winners for sure.

But then there is the dark side of his poor speech performances like when he advocated for crime bills earlier in his career. Some of that rhetoric is pure toxic and simply wouldn't fly today in the modern democrat party.

16. astros123

astros123 Member

You have no idea how bad crime was in the 1990s. Violent crime was surging double digits all across America and gun crimes were up close to 30% compared to the 80s. Bernie sanders your idol also voted and supported the crime bill.

We were living in different times back then. You also magically forget that assault rife ban was included in the legislation which cut gun crime by nearly 40%?

17. basso

basso Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

18. fchowd0311

This seems like fake news. Most gun related deaths in America are from handguns. Banning a style of weapon that accounts for like maybe 10 percent of all gun related deaths doesn't seem like it would net a 40% fall in gun deaths.

Also, it's nice to know that you support fascist style rhetoric if "crime is high".

Listen to his speech back in the day. No way that rhetoric flies today.

19. astros123

astros123 Member

What's your solution exactly to gun crime and high crime?

20. fchowd0311

Economic reforms.