1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

BF's League : Game Updates - Game 22

Discussion in 'Fantasy Sports' started by Dr of Dunk, Jan 13, 2001.

1. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

Smegville Dragons (11-10): 226
    South Central Sticky Pavement (6-15): 190

The Smegville Dragons are still reeling from injuries and are trying to make a run for the title as we draw to the halfway point of the season. Their GM SmeggySmeg has faced intense criticism, not to mention projectile fruit, from the fans for not being able to win with the talent he has amassed. Going into the final day of this game, Smeg looks as if he's in control as SCSP (pronounced Scuzzy Pee) has no one of note playing for them and Smeg still has Shaq to follow up his monster 93 point effort last game as well as Eddie Jones. Look for Smeg to pull out the easy one here.

Valley CriscoKidds (13-8): 285
    Lubbock Red Raiders (7-14): 185

Yours truly is pulling for the beat-down Red Raiders in this one as Rob Snyder has been getting bashed by his fans for just completing a questionable trade. CriscoKidd adds to what is already the most powerful team in the league by acquiring Gary Payton in a deal with the Pimps. The Kidds seem to be having some problems with the Raiders in this one as they lead by 100 points, but going into the final game, the Raiders have a 7-to-4 game advantage. Although Crisco will have Webber playing, he also has Starks playing. Should be an interesting run here tonight. On a personal note : GO RAIDERS!

Playground All-stars (11-10): 340
    Steamtown Pythons (13-8): 236

The Pythons were once considered among the elite in the league, but injuries as well as dubious play-calling (Austin Croshere?) have left them a middle-of-the-pack team at best in our league. They're still having problems this week as the Pythons are getting hammered by the All-stars. As we approach the homestretch for this game, all the Pythons can do is hope their 7-to-5 game advantage on the last day can help them come back and overtake the All-stars. We'll see.

League City Can't-Be-Had (13-8): 410
    Fadeaway's Cyberfish (11-10): 353

The Be-Had's have really hit a roadbump in recent weeks as the once-contenders have been a .500 team over the past 10 games. Some point to Kobe's selfish play as the cause. Others point to the fact that their owner can't access the Internet as being another problem. Whatever the cause, he's going up against another team that has fallen on hard times in the Cyberfish. The Cyberfish have come under attack by fans because of their coach being caught skiing while his team "burned". They're another team looking to re-discover their old winning ways as they, too, have been a .500 team over the past 10 games. Going into the final day of play, the Be-Hads lead by 57 points, the Be-Hads look to be in good shape as they have everyone except Oakley playing for them. The Cyberfish look like they can tack on another loss as they have 1 less game and don't have Garnett playing tonight.

Houston HoopDaddies (17-4): 318
    Rens Rockets (3-18): 262

The HoopDaddies, having celebrated the acquisition of new SF Michael Finley celebrate by taking a week of R&R against the Rockets. They'd be the first to tell you that there's no way they should be in first place, but lo-and-behold, there they are. Great coaching and a great GM have helped them climb to the top (oh, and the other 97% is great luck). The Rockets, on the other hand, are fighting to stay out of last place. After a questionable trade early in the season in which they gave up Jerry Stackhouse for a smile, they haven't been able to recover. Rumor has it that the players are requesting their owner have mandatory drug testing....... for himself. (j/k Ren... [​IMG]). Going into the final day of games, the Rockets find themselves down by 56 points and the HoopDaddies have a 8-to-6 game advantage as well. Looks like another win for the HoopDaddies, but they're about to run up against the elite of the league the next few games. Rumors of trading Jason Kidd or Rasheed Wallace are circulating throughout the league with several teams interested as the HoopDaddies prepare for all out war during the 2nd half of the season.

Bridghampton Killer Bees (14-7): 336
    WiNK Ballas (14-7): 307

The Ballas and Killer Bees have come out of nowhere to claim the 2nd and 3rd spots in the league respectively. After this game, one of them will fall to 4th if the CriscoKidds win. Only 57 total fantasy points scored separate the Ballas and the Bees during the season, and that tight race is showing in this matchup as the Ballas find themselves down by only 29 pts. In the last day of the game, the Killer Bees have a 7-to-5 game advantage, however. The Bees don't have Stackhouse playing, but then the Ballas don't have Vince Carter playing. The Bees should win this, but it's still too tough to call right now. Great game.

H-Town Platinum Pimps (12-9): 324
    P-Town Mofo Destroyers (2-19): 288

The Pimps are fresh off a blockbuster trade that sent their stud Gary Payton to the Kidds. Payton responded by throwing up 58 points in his last outing. This is an interesting matchup as the Destroyers have welcomed back Keith Van Horn to the lineup and are trying to climb out of the cellar. The Destroyers have a 6-to-4 game advantage even though they trail by 36 points. It remains to be seen whether or not Tracy McGrady can carry the Pimps to a victory in this matchup. It's too close to call at this point, but needless to say Pimp's going to be humiliated if he loses this game.

------------------
    "I personally don't think Jordan would have enjoyed playing with himself." -- JeffB lets us all know that Popeye and Clutch aren't the only ones with inside sources... (also an example of a BBS "sound-bite")

[This message has been edited by Dr of Dunk (edited January 13, 2001).]

2. BobFinn*

BobFinn* Contributing Member

Great post D0D.

All I have to say is my team better pull this one out or heads are gonna roll [​IMG]

On another note, the HoopDaddies go on an extended road trip following their game. 4 games in 6 days [​IMG] against the best teams in the league. We will see what kind of team they really have.

------------------
    When we tire of well-worn ways, we seek for new. This restless craving in the souls of men spurs them to climb, and to seek the mountain view.
    -- Ella Wheeler Wilcox

3. CriscoKidd

CriscoKidd Member

Very good post DooD.

My game is a nail biter. Could definently go either way. Even if Pippen does not play tonite it should be close.

BTW, I'm pulling for Wink to win, as I face him next. But it appears that the Bees are gonna pull this one off.

------------------
    snap crackle pop

4. Behad

Behad Contributing Member

I'm just hoping for a win after my 10-11 yr old boys team got their butts handed to them today. I need some kind of good news.

Or a drink.

------------------
    Behad
    Sergeant at Arms of the Clutch BBS

5. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

Behad,

Are you at work or home? In case you're at work, Marion and Camby have gone apes for you. Marion with 64 pts so far and Camby with 57. They're both done for the night. Camby actually fouled out I think.

I swear I must have the All-Turnover team. Finley tonight with 8 TO's. He was going after Kidd's record. [​IMG] Oh well, at least I have this game in the bag so it really didn't matter.

------------------
    "I personally don't think Jordan would have enjoyed playing with himself." -- JeffB lets us all know that Popeye and Clutch aren't the only ones with inside sources... (also an example of a BBS "sound-bite")

6. Behad

Thanks DoD....I'm at work tonight and all weekend.

Thank you UPN for showing tonight game! Been a long time since I have been able to sit for a whole game. (And since I am at work, I'm captive anyway!)

------------------
    Behad

7. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

I think it's pretty safe to say you've one this game Behad... you can rest easy. [​IMG]

------------------

8. fadeaway

fadeaway Contributing Member

Yeah, yeah, yeah....

shaddap already..

------------------
    My dream job is to be a Houston Rockets towel boy.

9. Behad

Quit whining Cuttino...errrr...fadeaway! [​IMG]

What is the score now? (I honestly don't know)

It's been a long day of tough losses on the court today, I could use some good news.

------------------
    Behad

10. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

Wooo...I got my first 600 point game. Weee...

------------------

11. Behad

You're joking right? How the hell are you leading this league? [​IMG]

[​IMG]

------------------
    Behad

12. BobFinn*

BobFinn* Contributing Member

Damn Nash had to get the flu and miss 2 games, costing my team this game.

Better watch out D0D, my team is out for blood and your next. You have 17 games to my 15. May the best team win.

------------------
    When we tire of well-worn ways, we seek for new. This restless craving in the souls of men spurs them to climb, and to seek the mountain view.
    -- Ella Wheeler Wilcox

[This message has been edited by BobFinn* (edited January 13, 2001).]

13. Robert Snyder

Robert Snyder Contributing Member

Freakin Scottie Pippen got me no points so I am going to lose. GOD DAMNIT!!!!!!!!!!

Shoot I'll be lucky to get to .450 much less .500.

Rob

------------------
    Producer at SportsRadio 1340 KKAM

visit me online at www.robertsnyder.net

2000 Sportscaster of the Year @ KTXT-FM, Lubbock

14. CriscoKidd

CriscoKidd Member

Yeah, I definently got lucky this week. Pippen sat out 2 games cuz he's a punk b****.

but hey, I'll take it. Dood has been doing the same. [​IMG]

------------------
    snap crackle pop

15. SmeggySmeg

SmeggySmeg Contributing Member

Nice post Dr

Man my injuries are sucking again, russelll is out for another week and who knows what the deal is with Mash, anyone have a clue???

Smeg

------------------
    CUT Tino
    These Heaves are just getting Ridiculous!

16. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

Yeah, you're out for blood and my team is about to donate a foot up your team's ass. Come and get it.

Wups... forgot the smiley... [​IMG]

------------------

[This message has been edited by Dr of Dunk (edited January 14, 2001).]

17. Behad

WoooHoo...I got my first 700 point game...749, to be exact, 3rd highest total in our league.

15 games, 13 over the 40 point mark. Now THAT is an offensive explosion! I'm sure everyone here hopes I can maintain this pace, especially Pimp.

Pimp has 16 games to my 14, but I think I can maintain this high level of play and take him. [​IMG]

------------------
    Behad

18. Summer Song Giver

A belated "good post" Doc

------------------
    Now chew through my ball sack

[This message has been edited by Summer Song Giver (edited January 14, 2001).]

19. RocketsPimp

RocketsPimp Contributing Member

Dream on..errr, I mean good luck Behad.

You're going to need it!

------------------
    Go vote for Steve Francis for the All-Star game!! You only have until Sunday!!

Vote for Francis!