1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA playoff action live, including SGA and the Thunder taking on the New Orleans Pelicans

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

Best way to secure a fireworks stand?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by verse, May 1, 2022.

1. verse

verse Contributing Member

This upcoming July, I will be operating a fireworks stand that historically has had problems with criminals attempting to break into it. In fact, every year the stand has been in existence sometimes has attempted to break into it, sometimes successfully. It is a dual stand with quite a bit of expensive inventory, so I'm asking for the best way(s) to deter crime.

It is located in an area filled with gated communities and high priced homes yet has no electrical post so a generator will be provided. The stands have bright flashing lights on top that stay lit throughout the night. There are no perimeter fences and has only one driveway access point. I typically park my vehicles against the doors of the stand at nighttime, so the doors are not accessible, but I don't think that's enough of a deterrent. Although there will always be someone present at the stand, that doesn't deter criminals. Ideas?

2. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

[​IMG]

Slyonebluejay and Xerobull like this.
  3. droxford

droxford Member

Threat of polic apprehension is no longer a deterrent
    Security cameras and alarms are not a deterrent
    ... dogs?

4. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

Back your truck up to it at 3am, hook it up, drive away.

5. Colt45

Colt45 Member
    Supporting Member

Back in high school a friend worked a fireworks stand. For security, employees slept in the stand on a rotating schedule

6. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

[​IMG]

...what could go wrong?

7. Roscoe Arbuckle

My brother has a two story brick and mortar one. Makes quite the profit, apparently.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

8. Buck Turgidson

1 gravel pit, 2 methheads, you won't have fireworks to worry about anymore.

9. donkeypunch

donkeypunch Contributing Member

Coming soon to a xerobull rv park near you...

Xerobull likes this.
  10. Rashmon

Rashmon Contributing Member

On Telephone Road back in the 70's if you could conquer the fireworks stand by force you became the new owner. Has that changed?