1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Best Radiohead album

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Drewdog, Oct 19, 2003.

Tags:
?

Best Radiohead album?

1. Pablo Honey

3 vote(s)
    5.6%
  2. The Bends

12 vote(s)
    22.2%
  3. OK Computer

28 vote(s)
    51.9%
  4. Kid A

4 vote(s)
    7.4%
  5. Amnesiac

2 vote(s)
    3.7%
  6. Hail to the Thief

5 vote(s)
    9.3%
  1. Drewdog

Drewdog Contributing Member

Whatcha think?

Im a big fan of The Bends but think that OK Computer is their best work by far.

2. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

It was hard. I think Kid A is great. It may not be my favorite, but as far as creativity, and doing things that other records just don't do, I think it's the best. So I voted for it. I do listen to it, but it's not the one I listen to the most.

3. LeGrouper

LeGrouper Contributing Member

The Bends was far and away their best. They have had several solid albums but the Bends was wall to wall balls. Great song at every turn.

4. BigM

BigM Contributing Member

the bends is a damn good album. i wish they had that sound again. everything else i really dont like at all, other than paranoid android.

5. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

OK Computer for me. The Bends a close second. Airbag could be my all-time favorite Radiohead song...besides Street Spirit (Fade Out).

6. Kilgore Trout

Kilgore Trout Contributing Member

I think that OK Computer is easily their best. It is a perfect blend of what they accomplished with the bends and the creativity of Kid A.

7. rudager

rudager Member

1. Thief
    2. OK Computer
    3. Amnesiac
    4. Kid A
    5. The Bends

3-5 are pretty close, but I really think Thief is far and away the best--a healthy balance between Kid A/Amnesiac's experimentalism and OK/Bends' songwriting.

8. rudager

rudager Member

"Healthy balance" sounds like something out of a Grape Nuts commercial--so it's just a good balance.

9. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

I have no idea how you could put The Bends last, that is by far there best.

:confused:

10. jo mama

jo mama Contributing Member

o.k. computer-they are all good, but come on yall. this record was the defining moment of their career and always will be. it was arguably the most influential and important record since nevermind.

hail to the theif is really starting to grow on me though. that may very well overtake o.k. computer for me soon. its a little bit bends, o.k. kid a and b-but takes it all a little further.

kid a and amnesiac both have good stuff on there, but also alot of filler material. i dont find myself listening to either album that much. neither album is very consistent in my opinion. i think i will take my favorite tracks off each and make one bad-ass super kid a/kid b.

11. rudager

rudager Member

I don't think I'd call OK Computerinfluential--certainly not in the way Nevermind was, anyway. Nevermind pretty much created an entire genre of pop music. (This isn't to say Nirvana was original, but they were the first hugely popular band of their kind.) You still hear people wishing they sounded like Nirvana on the radio. No one in the mainstream copies Radiohead.

Your opinions on Kid A and Amnesiac are correct, though. :p

12. Chicken Boy

Chicken Boy Member

OK Computer is without a doubt one of the most influential albums of our time. What band doesn't wanna be Radiohead nowadays?

Still waiting for Manny's opinion.

13. BBnP4l

BBnP4l Member

I like Hail To The Theif!!!!

14. DCkid

DCkid Contributing Member

I think OK Computer is the best by far. Next, is the Bends which I think is great, but doesn't have as many songs that just leave me in awe. Way down the ladder are Hail to the Thief and Kid A, which I like. At the bottom rung are Amnesiac and Pablo Honey, which I don't really care for at all.

15. Manny Ramirez

Manny Ramirez The Music Man

Saw this thread earlier this morning, but I wanted to spend a little time on my response, so I didn't post at that time. However, I was watching VH-1 classic and saw the Wilson sisters singing "What About Love?" (my all-time favorite Heart song) and they were hot, especially Nancy (this was back when Ann was slowly starting to put on the pounds...damn shame because she was a major babe when she was skinny). This was after seeing Billy Squier parade around, ridiculously I might add, in bed sheets with a pink tanktop on over a t-shirt in singing "Rock Me Tonite". His career was never the same after that video.:( :D

Oh, yea Radiohead. "Kid A" has always been my favorite album by them and the one I voted for. I know that it is not timeless as "OK Computer" or have the strong songs like "The Bends", but you have to remember how bold of an album it truly was. "OK Computer" had taken the world by storm and the follow-up was highly anticipated. NO ONE anticipated "Kid A". The fact that they released such a daring album like that makes it great in itself. I just truly love that album. Yet, I understand where others don't share the same idea, and I have no problem with people ranking "OK Computer" and "The Bends" ahead of "Kid A" as they are 2 special albums. I do have a problem with people saying "Amnesiac" is better than "Kid A" because it is, um, not. It is still better than most of the albums out there, but I never could get into it. "Pablo Honey" with the exception of "Creep" and "Anyone Can Play Guitar" has no memorable songs on it to really make it a special album. "Hail to the Thief" is very good, but I think it is behind the triumvirate of "The Bends", "OK Computer", and "Kid A". To me, you are not going to find many artists that are capable of releasing 3 masterpieces in a row like that.

16. deepellumrocket

My vote was for OK Computer, but I just changed my sig last week to something off of Kid A, which is not far behind for me.

17. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

Yeah, me either. Good to know I'm not alone. I'm not a big fan of the electronic stuff on either of those 2 records. Sorry if that means I'm not "progressive". Just give me more of Johhny playing tremelo guitar. :D

OK, who voted for Pablo Honey?

18. jo mama

jo mama Contributing Member

dont get me wrong, i like the electronic stuff and all the wierdness, i just think that there is alot of half-assed ideas on both those records.
    for example-treefingers, motion picture soundtrack, pulk/pull revolving doors, hunting bears, like spinning plates

i think that some of their best songs ever are on those records though-optimistic, in limbo, you and whose army, everything in its right place, national anthem, how to dissapear, morning bell, packt like sardines, pyramid song, i might be wrong, dollars and cents.

give me an album w/ all those tunes and were talking greatest record ever made...period. instead we got two watered down records-im not complaining though...radiohead can do whatever the hell they want and they have my attention.

hail to the theif keeps growing on me though. i didnt even like it initially, but its becomming my favorite.

19. mishii

mishii Contributing Member

Fell in love with Radiohead after OK Computer so here's my list.

1. OK Computer - perfect concept album; the album flawlessly flows
    2. Bends - best collection of "songs"
    3. Kid A - great great experimental work, succeeded where other bands failed in bringing a new sound
    4. Pablo Honey - I actually love their guitar rock songs a lot - simple but very effective - better than many rock band albums out there from the 90s (depending on my mood could be my favorite)
    5. Amnesiac - as an album below 1-4 but has some of my favorite Radiohead songs like "I Might Be Wrong"
    6 (distant 6th). Hail to the Thief - in my opinion, the weakest album out there; sorry for those who love it - the mix of "rock" tracks with some more experimental ones just didn't do it for me; a great album in comparison to what is out there but compared to the other Radiohead albums leaves a lot to be desired; no one song stuck out as an instant classic but like all Radiohead songs better live in concert

20. esse

esse Contributing Member

I feel the same way about Hail to the Thief!:confused: ;)