1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Best offline reader for iPad?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by AroundTheWorld, Sep 3, 2012.

1. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

I am basically looking for something that I can use to sync various news sources and then read stuff on the plane.

I have tried Flipboard, but I find it cumbersome that you would have to mark every single article (with Pocket (Read it later)) for later offline reading.

I am now using Google Currents where you can just sync everything.

Do you have any other recommendations?

Thanks.

P.S.: Is there something like that for video content also? (e.g. certain Youtube channels, etc.)

2. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

Specifically, is there something for reddit? I found a program called reddit sync, but strangely it has disappeared both from Google Play and from the Apple app store.

3. Scionxa

Scionxa Member

It got removed for using the Reddit name which is stupid because so many other apps do.

It's being distributed in /r/redditsync

4. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

Thanks, Scionxa - yeah, I had seen that and installed the APK from there. I could only see the Android version there, though. Since my Apple mobile devices are not jailbreaked, I guess I am out of luck anyway for the Apple versions. Hopefully it comes back soon with a different name. Would be kind of fun to have an app that just synchronizes the content of your favorite subreddits (including pictures) for offline browsing, e.g. before a flight of an hour or two or so.

5. heypartner

heypartner Member

we really should start an "official" thread for sharing tips on this stuff. like

• What are you listening to right now--check
    • Rate your last movies--check
    • Post random pictures--check
    • Best Hamburgers--check
    • Best BBQ--check
    • Best ass--check
    • Best rack--check
    • Best tips on mobile devices--??

Once we get that "Best Tips" thread going, the only thing we are missing is the "Random Kam photos" thread.

I got many entries for that one. Just waiting for the green light.