1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Best Basketball Sites

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by dream2franchise, Feb 23, 2006.

1. dream2franchise

Every morning i come to work, hit the net and cruise my favourite bball sites. It usually starts with the dime smack at fox sports, then over to realgm.com to hear of any possible rumours, SI.com to see if Kelly Dwyer has any new stuff up, espn for the Daily Dime and Yahoo sports. Then finally Clutchfans to get my rockets fix. I hit the other sites first so that i am up to date with any news before i get to clutchfans to discuss. I also every check msnbc every now and then. By 10:30 i've had my fix and can get ready to start work.

But i would like to know if i'm missing out on any great sites or writers so let's hear your NBA news sites and advise of any crap sites and writers as well. My most hated writer is Rosen, i like bits and peices from every site but nothing on the whole, my most hated site is ESPN because they really believe their opinion is worth paying for.

I dig the dime smack, a must read for me. I also like reading from the chronicle for obvious reasons--a big thanks to clutchfans.net for providing those links.

2. WizzyWig

WizzyWig Member

damn you pretty much got them covered.

I usually go with RealGM as my primary source. I used to like sportingnews a lot before they did the whole pay thing. Espn is cool, but not easy to find rockets udates there, better to stick with clutchfans for rocks stuff.

I'm interested in hearing about other sites as well...

3. rikesh316

rikesh316 Member

4. mokulen

mokulen Member

I like these, too -

http://www.truehoop.com/ - does a terrific job rounding up NBA news and notes.

http://www.slamonline.com/links/index.html - The Links section. The articles are always stream of conscience stuff but I always make sure to scroll down to the quotes and Links towards the bottom.

http://aloneconformist.blogspot.com/ - Globetrotter, a Rockets blog. The guy has a pretty offbeat sense of humor with graphics to match.

http://nbasource.blogspot.com/ - another NBA fan blog. Some of their write-ups can be pretty long but still I end up reading most of it.

5. McGradySNKT

McGradySNKT Member

6. Xenochimera

Xenochimera Member

clutchfans.net

7. krnxsnoopy

krnxsnoopy Member

realgm sometimes has pretty interesting articles.. but their message board sucks..

8. durvasa

durvasa Member

9. richirich

richirich Member

I do nba.com for the scores, box scores, and straight up reporting on the games.

10. Stickfigure

Stickfigure Member

11. Stack24

Stack24 Member

ESPN and Here that's all i go to for the most part.

12. forchette49

forchette49 Member