1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Besides the Heat winning the Championship, what other highlights of 2012 season?

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by VanityHalfBlack, Jun 22, 2012.

1. VanityHalfBlack

1.Ricky Rubio rookie season/ injured
    2.Clippers come back against Grizzlies in Game 1
    3.San Antonio Spurs post season run
    4.OKC snapping Spurs run and eliminating them from Playoffs
    5.Linsanity

Others???

2. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Parsons, Dragic, Lowry's allstar run.... for the Rockets
    and the OKC win

3. KingLeoric

KingLeoric Member

Orlando drama.

4. Juxtaposed Jolt

A lot of stuff listed so far has been lowlights lol

5. ObamaFan

ObamaFan Member

Iman Shumpert showing great promise his rookie season and then tearing his ACL, he and Lin played well together. So that was awful too see

6. david_rocket

david_rocket Member

that this season was shortened because of the lockout.

7. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

For me, a big highlight was when the Lakers hired Mike Brown and didn't retool their decaying corpse of a roster. I was very relaxed all year knowing they weren't a real championship contender. All they need to do now is sign Ramon Sessions to a multi-year contract and try again with the same core. Or they could trade Pau and not receive equal talent back. I'll be happy either way. Mike Brown's assistants are trying their best to bail.

The Dwightmare saga was truly unbelievable. I'll never forget that the look on Howard's face when he found out SVG punctured him to the press. It doesn't get much better than that.

The Insanity of Linsanity. Clutch posted a 15 minute video of a Rockets scrimmage and I thought Lin was clearly better than Jonny Flynn. I still can't figure out why they didn't keep him.
    But the ridiculous hyping of the guy after he went to the Knicks was truly a phenomenon. Sometime in the future, there will be a 30 for 30 (or some equivalent) about him.

The Clippers miracle comeback against the Grizzlies in game 1 and them going back to Memphis and winning game 7 was awesome to watch. Still can't believe it happened.

Kobe Bryant's nuclear start to the year was spectacular. So much so that he kept on selfishly shooting the rest of the season and playoffs like there was no tomorrow, even though his shooting percentage plummeted.

The Spurs 20-game winning streak being smashed in the WCFs was a joy to watch.

8. PeppermintCandy

Watching what probably was the last playoff run of the Celtic's Big Three/Four. Despite injuries and an uncertain future together, they put on a helluva show, especially against the Heat. And Doc Rivers' coaching in that series was really something else.

9. Sleepy Flloyd

Sleepy Flloyd Member

Kobe jacking up eleventy billion shots and still losin da scoring title.

10. t_mac1

t_mac1 Contributing Member

Linsanity. The hype Lin got was unheard of. He went from a rock on the ground to a star in the sky.

11. bullardfan

bullardfan なんでやねん

OKC and SA going virtually undefeated in the playoffs until meeting each other.

12. nt24

nt24 Member

and says that he could be the scoring champ if he wanted to be

13. WEHTT90s

WEHTT90s Member

Linsanity - Those were some fun games.

Jeremy Lin vs Kobe - I thought New York would get dominated inside because of their injures & lack of centers going against Gasol & Bynum. I'm glad that didn't happen because I loved seeing Kobe & Lin dueling.

Blake Griffin dunking on Kendrick Perkins.

Kevin Durant downplaying the dunk on Kendrick Perkins, because that's another example of how good of a teammate Durant is. I think Lebron gave Wade props when Wade dunked on Varejao.

Lamar Odom being traded. I was intrigued by the lineups Dallas could have used. I felt bad for Odom after the original trade got blocked.

The Lakers rolling while Kobe was out. I've liked Gasol for years and prefer the offense to go through him. I knew Artest could still average 15-19 points had he not taken a smaller role to win titles, I'm glad he proved that to the media.

Utah/Atlanta going 4 overtimes.

Blake Griffin dunking on Pau Gasol.

Kobe & Durant competing in a tight race for the scoring title.

14. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

15. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

Rondo's monster triple double and Deron's 57, plus the things some of you mentioned.

16. BEAT LA

BEAT LA Member

I didn't realize exactly how selfish Kobe was until Phil left the team again.

If this thread was about 2012 NBA game winners it would only be 5 or 6 posts.

All of the game sevens sucked.

17. plutoblue11

plutoblue11 Member

1. The Rise of Linsanity, obviously.

1A. The (partial) Revival of the Knicks

3. The Western Conference Playoff race

4. The Lakers, the Lakers, the Lakers, even when they aren't good there are still the main attraction or take up headlines...:mad:

5. Lob City, more Los Angeles :mad:

6. The Days of Our Orlando Magic with Dwight Howard being the main starlet.

7. Kevin Durant's dunk on Roy Hibbert

7A. The 2nd season of Miami's big 3.

9. The Lakers defeat OKC in double overtime at Staples Center and Kobe has a magical fourth quarter and overtime performance

10. the rash of serious injuries.

18. ico4498

ico4498 Member
    Supporting Member

new player owner agreement.

19. Canadiandude

Canadiandude Member

The Nets trading their pick for Gerald Wallace. Tragicomedy gold.

20. Royals Ego

Royals Ego Member

Linsanity just eclipsed everything, and it was gone as fast as it came