1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Bench Warrant Issued for Courtney Love's Arrest

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by RocketMan Tex, Feb 12, 2004.

1. RocketMan Tex

RocketMan Tex Contributing Member

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/articles/A34861-2004Feb11.html

Courtney Love Skips 2 California Criminal Cases

By Michael Kardos
    Reuters
    Wednesday, February 11, 2004; 11:20 PM

LOS ANGELES - Rocker Courtney Love Wednesday left two judges steaming as she skipped hearings in criminal cases pending against her, prompting one judge to issue a bench warrant for her arrest.

Beverly Hills Superior Court Judge Elden Fox agreed to hold the warrant until Tuesday after Love's lawyer cited unexplained "security concerns" as the reason she did not attend a hearing on felony drug possession charges stemming from her Oct. 2 arrest.

Prosecutors believed the singer would enter a guilty plea and ask to attend a drug diversion program at the Beverly Hills hearing, district attorney's spokeswoman Jane Robison said. If Love successfully completed the program, the conviction would be removed from her record, Robison added. "Her attorney indicated that she was considering this," Robison said.

Love, 39, was charged with possessing the prescription painkillers oxycodone and hydrocodone in connection with a "medical emergency" that landed her in a hospital in October.

She also failed to appear for the scheduled start of trial Wednesday afternoon in a Los Angeles court on a misdemeanor charge of being under the influence of a controlled substance. Love has pleaded innocent to all of the charges.

Both cases stem from her Oct. 2 arrest outside the Beverly Hills home of a boyfriend, where police said she was breaking windows in the middle of the night. After being released on bail hours later, she was taken to a local hospital for what police called "a medical emergency."

Superior Court Judge Patricia M. Schnegg told defense attorney William Genego Wednesday afternoon that the delay in the misdemeanor trial "is getting old."

Schnegg postponed the trial until Feb. 23, but warned that she expected Love to be in court.

"This case is old, very ... it's not a complicated case," the judge told Genego. "I have never seen your client in court at all."

Love, the widow of Nirvana lead singer Kurt Cobain, lost custody of their 11-year-old daughter, Frances Bean Cobain, after her arrest. The singer-actress won a Golden Globe award for her role in the 1996 film "The People vs. Larry Flynt."

2. A-Train

A-Train Contributing Member

It's too bad she'll forever be known as "the b**** that killed Kurt". I heard the new Hole song yesterday...great stuff...

3. Isabel

Isabel Member

I feel so bad for young Frances having to grow up with all that. Her dad's gone, and her mom has been acting like an overgrown brat all this time. No doubt drugs are involved, but you can make a choice to try to get clean or at least do something about it. I hope she at least has some good grandparents or someone to give her a sense of security. :(

4. RocketMan Tex

I wonder who is acting as Frances' guardian since she was taken away from Courtney Love after the recent bust?

5. Woofer

Woofer Contributing Member

Her grandmother was the first guardian I heard about.

6. RocketMan Tex

Cobain's Mom or Love's Mom?

7. SirCharlesFan

SirCharlesFan Contributing Member

Are you talking about that song Mono? Because that is a Courtney Love solo song...She has her 1st solo album out soon.

8. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

I remember watching 60 minutes or something like once and they had this old woman who had done some really amazing work (can't remember if it was art or literature) but it turned out she was Courtney Love's grandmother.

9. TheFreak

TheFreak Contributing Member

oh make me over
    you're all I wanna be
    a walking study...in demonology

10. Surfguy

Surfguy Contributing Member

She was on Howard Stern. All I have to say is she is the most annoying female alive. She just ran her mouth on-and-on-and-on. Faster than a bullet. No wonder Kurt killed himself.

She kept saying, "I'm as sober as a judge", every time Howard asked her if she was clean. If this is sobriety, then please go back to the drugs.