1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Bellaire HS Basketball Star Killed in Car Crash after Prom

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by ScolaIsBallin, May 16, 2010.

1. ScolaIsBallin

ScolaIsBallin Member

<object height="288" width="470"><param name="movie" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" value="http://www.khou.com/v/?i=93893039" /><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always" /><param name="wmode" value="transparent" /><param name="AllowFullScreen" value="true" /><embed type="application/x-shockwave-flash" src="http://www.khou.com/v/?i=93893039" AllowFullScreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" height="288" wmode="transparent" width="470"></embed></object>

Very sad story. R.I.P.

Courtesy of KHOU

2. ClutchCityReturns

ClutchCityReturns Contributing Member

Terrible to see someone die so young, especially with such potential. Sadly, the fact that it was after prom and happened at 6:15am leads me to believe it was either alcohol/drug related and/or he was too tired to be driving.

3. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

Horrible.

4. Pete Chilcutt

Pete Chilcutt Contributing Member

That is horrible...

R.I.P.

5. R0ckets03

R0ckets03 Contributing Member

RIP ball players and the woman in the SUV. :(

Hopefully it was not alcohol/drug related.

6. edwardc

edwardc Member

RIP my prayers to his Family

7. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

He was at a school function, classmates, teachers, etc... the kids spend the night at an event so they don't get into trouble. He fell asleep is what its looking like.

8. BEAT LA

BEAT LA Member

If he was high this wouldn't have happened. But alcohol seems to be the socially accepted way to get ****ed.

9. mrdave543

mrdave543 Contributing Member

Very sad story, but it does look like alchohol is a factor according to this report.
    I hope its wrong....

http://abclocal.go.com/ktrk/story?section=news/local&id=7444755

It's strange Bellaire had the "official" after party prom without providing transportation home. I graduated in 01 and dont remember it lasting that late...

RIP

#9 mrdave543, May 16, 2010
    Last edited: May 16, 2010
  10. Al Calavicci

Al Calavicci Contributing Member

I enjoy pot recreationally and on the whole I think it's far less dangerous than alcohol, but let's not kid ourselves here. It's just as dangerous to be behind the wheel while high than it is while drunk. Sadly, I speak from experience on both accounts, although I have been lucky enough to avoid any accidents.

Driving while under the influence of ANYTHING is stupid and asking for trouble. One may not be as aggressive while stoned but fatigue, slowed reaction times, poor decision making are all still present.

11. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

You get pretty wasted especially if you have brownies.

12. BrownBeast99

BrownBeast99 Member

Doubt it was alcohol related. This is not a shock because after a fun-filled night at prom and Project Prom, students are tired when they go home and the potential for these tragic incidents is there. These school-related events do indeed last until 5am-ish and kids have their own transportation to and back home from these events. It is entirely possible and most likely that he was just tired and slept at the wheel causing this tragic accident.

RIP to Tobi and the woman killed and condolences to their families.

13. ClutchCityReturns

ClutchCityReturns Contributing Member

See ABC news report...

14. bullardfan

bullardfan なんでやねん

why do people doubt it is alcohol related? that's the first thing that popped in my head. alcohol is the main culprit in many accidents esp. ones that happen after events like prom. regardless, sad story.

15. Mr. Brightside

Mr. Brightside Contributing Member

Guy is an idiot if he was drunk. Not only did he choose to off himself which is ok, but he killed some innocent lady in an SUV. People like this are scum.

16. ItsMyFault

ItsMyFault Contributing Member

How do you know it wasn't the girl who provided the alcohol?

17. BrownBeast99

BrownBeast99 Member

Because he was going home from a school-related event that ended around 5-6am. No alcohol is allowed there obviously. He did not suddenly just pop a few beers once he got in the drivers seat after the event and headed home. I graduated high school last year and went to one of these at Dave and Busters that was overnight like he did. Students are tired after an evening/night of fun and the possibility of falling asleep at the wheel is likely.

If he went to a separate afterparty at someone's house after prom then I would say alcohol would certainly be a possibility but that wasn't the case here.

18. Mr. Brightside

It doesn't matter who provided the alcohol. You don't drink and drive.

19. Mr. Brightside

People get alcohol into these school related events very easily. Or they drink in the parking lot beforehand. I don't feel the guy was just tired. When you are in high school 5-6am party nights are the norm.

20. RickRock713

RickRock713 Member

The news makes it seem as the kid was the victim when the real victim is the poor old lady in the suv.

That lady in the SUV could of been anyone of us.

Very sad and tragic end to his life . He had a bright future.

Hope they both rest in peace.