1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Before You Go Blaming Our Stars...

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Jeff, Apr 26, 2007.

1. blathersby

blathersby Contributing Member

Oh man, that would be great. Let Billy play? We'd be looking at 26 turnovers instead of 19. He may have been T-Mac in Greece, but he's still Vassilis Spanoulis in the US.

2. ferrarif1286

ferrarif1286 Member

bench scored zero. 1 starter also scored zero. Tonight rockets defined what 4 v 5 looks like

3. Man

Man Contributing Member

Battier knocked down some treys.

Head? Howard?

Mutombo did well in his 5 minutes.

Hope we can adjust and win the next game.

4. blazer_ben

blazer_ben Rookie

You would think with juwans vast wealth of experience he would be looking alot better out there. well luther is in he's playoffs series. it's a learning curve. juwan and battier are the big dissapointments.

5. robgue

robgue Member
    Supporting Member

I'm sorry I'm truley upset. that was such a horrid game. I got this little feeling inside were i just felt embarrassed. I'm sure the TEAM feels the same way and can start making some freakin shots. :( I think it's okay to be mad especially after this piece of @#$% they ran out today called a game. go rox

6. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

Juwan has only played twice in playoffs prior to this one. Last time he played for Dallas, he was awful.

I am not sure which vast wealth of experience you are talking about.

7 playoffs games for Battier so far...all very much disappointing.

7. Queeni

Queeni Contributing Member

Head and Howard did miss everything, but they only took totally 10 shot attempts. Rockets total shooting percentage 32.8% is lower than Jazz's 38.8%, but they shoot three points better (31.6% vs. 13.3%) . I think the main reasons we lost were TOs (19 vs. 11), offense rebounds (9 vs. 15) and lack of energy.

#87 Queeni, Apr 27, 2007
    Last edited: Apr 27, 2007
  8. KellyDwyer

KellyDwyer Contributing Member

The role players stunk, but if Yao and Tracy play better (smarter), the Rockets win this game. Luther Head doesn't always know how to not suck, but Tracy knows how to drive the lane, and Yao proved over the first two games of this series that he can be effective without turning the ball over.

I just filed a mild rip-job of Yao and Tracy; hopefully you won't find it too egregious.

9. rocket_zoom

rocket_zoom Member

I hate to say this, but leadership starts with our stars. They become examples and set the rhythm for the rest of the team. If they can't pick up their game, we shouldn't expect the bench to save us.

Its our stars that are taking the majority of the shots. When Chuck Hayes hustles to get the offensive rebound, who ends up shooting the hard won offensive rebound recovered by Chuck Hayes? That's right, you guessed it ... either TMac or Yao.

TMac and Yao have to step up their offensive game and lead by example. When they do that, there is no excuse left for the bench to play as they are.

Rocket Zoom

10. McGradySNKT

McGradySNKT Contributing Member

I hope you ripped them both into shreds.

11. KellyDwyer

KellyDwyer Contributing Member

12. ShadyMcGrady

ShadyMcGrady Contributing Member

T-Mac is getting hounded, yes, and this wasn't a must win for him necessarily, but I would like to see him force the issure more and get to the rim.

I am still dissapointed in what I see from T-Mac so far in these playoffs especially given his comments. He's just not playing like I thought he would/could.

It's not even the percentage, it's just his shot selection, I don't mind him taking tough shots because I know he can make them, but I want to see some dunks, I want to see him get to the rim everytime he can.

Maybe he will do it when his back is on the wall more than it already is...

But it's always maybe later, maybe next game, etc...

Anyways another question now, how to get more talent without (a) trading a star player or (b) going to into lux tax?

oh btw nice bit of writing there KD.

#92 ShadyMcGrady, Apr 27, 2007
    Last edited: Apr 27, 2007
  13. rocket_zoom

rocket_zoom Member

14. freemaniam

freemaniam 我是自由人

15. Luffy1

Luffy1 Member

Maybe tmac messed up and accidentally told the team they were all fooled and it takes 4, instead saying it takes 5.

16. Fatty FatBastard

I agree, to an extent. But both Yao and Tracy missed several buckets, as well.

Our defense was stellar tonight. Literally nothing else was.

17. McGradySNKT

18. McGradySNKT

Good post, but this team should be blown up because it doesn't have enough athletes and most of them can't do anything more than just chuck 3s'.

19. Luffy1

Luffy1 Member

We have someone who can slash to the basket and create sitting on the bench...his name is Vspan! Unfortunately, JVG would rather lose than play Vspan. :rolleyes:

20. alex_jr

alex_jr Member

When your role players go for a COMBINED 6 - 27 and you only got 9 offensive rebounds, that's still turnovers....

Face it, any one of JLIII, V-Span or Snyder were worth more of a chance