1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Beard and TY already going hard

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by rocketseagles07, Sep 6, 2015.

1. MONON

MONON Member

Please don't bring any sense to this thread. I like soap operas. :grin:

2. dobro1229

dobro1229 Member

First of all- you guys are more dramatic than the cheerleader lunch table at a junior high school. It's Facebook, and with no photos or any evidence we are supposed to just believe this random Joe who would have to basically be the driver himself to know all of this.

Secondly- they hired A DRIVER... That's kind of a good thing

Lastly- the season is starting in a few weeks and this is the time when players take one last trip in between offseason workouts before their schedule goes crazy. If he's in Vegas this weekend, so what? That's where I would be if I was two weeks away from 9 months of 24/7 work.

Ty drinking... We have no idea how the night went. The biggest test of a recovering alcoholic is when they do choose to drink again but are able to have control and only drink a controlled amount and control themselves. Who knows though... Who cares as long as his head is on straight, has a support system around him, and he performs well this year. I would honestly be shocked if he just all the sudden stopped going out all together and all the sudden became a shut in.

3. FLASH21

FLASH21 Heart O' Champs

Damn, I never seen dudes gossipin like lil b****es till recently.

Get a mother f'n life!!!

4. underrated015

underrated015 Member

Lol they are in their mid 20s and not married. Have fun guys but be sure to go hard on the court in a couple of months.

5. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

In before 20+ pages

6. Snow Villiers

Snow Villiers Member

Do you have something against the Gay community?:confused:

7. rocketseagles07

Lol why I thought to post this in clutchfans I have no idea. The story wasn't that serious nor did he say ty was drinking. The dudes been in the group for years and he rarely posts about athletes he sees

8. khanhdum

khanhdum Member

did he stalked him or something where he saw them at spearmint and then them going to get condoms and back to the place? BS like the story of harden parting before games in the playoffs

9. Mkieke

Mkieke Member

In July the court ordered him to wear an alcohol bracelet. It may have since been removed, but since that was only 2 months ago I would assume he's still undergoing continuous monitoring. As such, I doubt he was drinking.

10. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

Ever since Clutch shut down the TMZ forum, they're spilling into the GARM.

11. MistaK

MistaK Member

Actually sounds like you do ;)

12. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

at least he's practicing safe sex!

13. YaoMing#1

YaoMing#1 Member

That's actually not true at all. I hate admitting this but for a couple years in my early 20s I would go out to the strip clubs with my work Friends at least twice a week. It got to the point that we didn't drink at all just went to hang with the women and get them to come home with us.

Do most people drink at strip clubs? Sure. But people that go to the strip clubs a lot like harden don't drink at the strip Club as much as you would think if at all.

14. swyyyguy

swyyyguy Member

i wish harden was more focused on winning like T-MAC.

15. King1

King1 Member

Lol at the TMZ gossip crowd. Ty doesn't drink anything but water now. Stick to following Yao home

16. hakeemthagreat

Yep. DMo is of european descent, those other guys aren't. If the NBA had more DMo's we'd have less douches. We should build around DMo, and not Harden. Harden isn't european:rolleyes:

17. jacoby

jacoby Member

I never brought up race. You did.

DMo isn't the only one though. Capela, Terry, Dwight, and Brewer seem like cool guys to hang out with. I obviously could be wrong, but being a life-long fan of this team gives me at least some glimpses into the lives of our athletes and what their personalities are like, and James just doesn't strike me as a guy I'd spend a Friday night with. To each their own.

What I do have a problem with, though, is how Lawson's party lifestyle is affecting his career and now that he's a Rocket, I have a right to be concerned that he's going out and 'allegedly' clubbing with James. He's likely going to be suspended the first 10 or so games due in part to his party lifestyle. And if last season has anything to say about it, those 10 games could be the difference between a 2 seed with a Dallas first round matchup, and a 6 seed with a San Antonio or Golden State first round match-up. It's also alleged that James (who is from Los Angeles) was seen partying the night before big games against the Clippers. If you remember correctly, those are games where we got embarrassed and James looked border-line inebriated on the court. (Kidding, but he clearly wasn't the MVP caliber we are used to seeing).

18. Rox23

Rox23 Member

Yeah, the issue here is not Harden per se, it's the influence which Harden might have on Ty Lawson. Morey brought Ty here on the presumption that he would change his ways, sober up, stop breaking laws, and focus on basketball. For Ty to be great for us and in order for him to avoid all the temptations which he has fallen into in the past (and whereby has become the bane of the NBA)--he will need the support and encouragement of his teammates. I just wonder if Harden will be able to provide that kind of support for him.

19. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

I understand people questioning the validity of this happening but people who are defending this are senseless. Ty Lawson is a guy who has repeatedly made terrible decisions because of his party lifestyle and has put people's lives in danger. This guy is a proven idiot and the more he is locked up in his house, likely the better off it is for society.

20. oakdogg

oakdogg Member

I don't know about Dwight. I would not appreciate a male friend grabbing my balls.