1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Be patient with until Mcgrady returns

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by StevieCrossover, Jul 15, 2009.

1. Josephduyho03

Josephduyho03 Member

Uh as you can see, Tmac never got out of the first round is because of his team. This year, we played against a young team and we had toughness. Yao surely didnt do crap at all. Every other season when we didnt make it out of the first round, everyone is like oh its Tmac's fault when he basically did everything for the Rockets and no one say anything about Yao.

2. The_Yoyo

The_Yoyo Member

maybe its just me but I could have sworn all the top physicians said that there was nothing wrong with Tracy's knee and he kept going to multiple doctors to keep getting 2nd, 3rd and 4th opinions till he finally found someone who recommended the surgery as a first option.

well i think they all had said it was a possibility but it wasnt a necessity.

That reminds me I should write tracy a letter for this off season....

Dear Tracy,

Thank you for showing heart and selfless attitude by playing every other game this past rockets season. You really made a great impression on your teammates by doing that. I just want to let you know something that could help you this upcoming season and I am really sorry and apologize I didn't tell you this sooner, but I found out from a few different people who went through surgery that there is thing you can do in the off season called "training and working out" that may help you knee and conditioning. I know it sounds crazy and a lot of hard work, trust me who would want to do that? But it could help you out during the summer so that no one makes fun of you for coming into camp out of shape like last season. Don't worry my friends that saw you in cancun relaxing and macking on those ugly girls I asked them not to say anything to anyone about seeing you out in cancun. I hear they have really good gyms in cancun where you can work out.

But back to the "training" I looked it up on the internet actually so I can make sure I give your proper information, but going through "training" will make your knee stronger so you wouldnt have to go through surgery again. I know you must have felt you were helping the doctors feed their family last season but going to them a bunch of times and all but I think their kids will survive if you only visit the doctors once a year instead of once a week.

Apparently this "training" thing is pretty popular and is catching on I heard your teammate Yao Ming does it a lot, maybe you can ask him for some pointers and I think the rockets have doctors who specialize in "training" too...they are called "trainers" You should probably ask them for help I think they are some pretty nice guys who wont bite you dont need to be afraid of them. You can just imagine that they are different types of doctors like I said earlier.

It may require some hard work I know that sounds daunting but you can do it! Think about it last summer when you were in Cancun you were having to settle for the 2nd rate groupies while Wade and Kobe were pulling in hotties from all over the world at the olympics. I found out their secret was training and hard work!!! I am passing this along to you so that you can start pulling some hotties too! Otherwise I am afraid you will go from getting 2nd rate hotties to *gasp* Bonzi's 3rd rate girls

[​IMG]

I really hope it wont come down to that Tmac! Say it wont come down to Thunder Thighs!

We're pulling for ya!

Sincerely,

The_Yoyo

3. httx713

httx713 Member

No big name free agent is going to want to come to Houston; name the last big free agent name to sign with the rockets. If that's the case the only two big names I can think of are Wade or LeBron and that's not gonna happen. Bosh is a nice player but I would not call him a max-out contract type of player; bosh is not very good on defense and he's a little soft too. I think the rockets have to try somehow to trade or Amare and Barbosa even if it means to trade T-mac :) , Brooks, Landry and Scola :( . Yao will never be the same even if he gets a foot transplant. He is a hard working player and unlike t-mac Yao is very tough unfortunately the guys is too big for his own bones So I think Amare should be the rockets Now or in 2010.

4. HillBoy

HillBoy Member

Given what has gone down this summer with Yao and all, TGlass' expiring contract is more valuable to the Rox than anyone they'd be able to get in a trade. Expect MeMac to be on the roster at the beginning of the season and make an appearance around midseason so he can audition for his next sucker-I mean team.

5. tinman

tinman Member
    Supporting Member

I don't know what series you were watching but Yao was schooling the entire Portland front line.

6. jVgOwnsYou

jVgOwnsYou Member

Yeh. In that first game he forced portland to commit two players to him in the post even when he didn't have the ball. That created so many areas for everyone else to attack. Yao was the difference maker in that series.

7. bigreg

bigreg Member

Doesn't matter how many opinions he got. At least a doctor was professional and caring enough about Tracy's in both the short and long term to publicly declare what the team doctor wouldn't & that is that he needed microfracture surgey. And as for your tasteless and classless letter, don't go accusing that man of trolling for hotties unless you can prove it. And I say that as a married man, not as a T-Mac fan.

8. FireBlizzard90

the tmac hate here is getting ridiculous. if yall complain about him not working out and think yall have "more heart/toughness" then why didnt yall make it in the nba/college team/or should i even mention high school team? of course, you guys would rebuttle with the "i dont have god-given talent/height".
    im sure we all have 6'9 friends who play ball, but none of them made it either. they all have opportunities to work on the vertical/quickness/strength too. the point here is that tmac is any other 6'9 guy, but he worked extremely hard to get to the top of the nba, which means that his work ethic shouldnt be questioned.

i know we are all passionate rockets fans and want them to win, but this tmac hate is just getting ridiculous. sign up for the GM/front office job if you want tmac out here so badly.

9. roxstarz

roxstarz Member

yao was good in game 1 and that's about it. he averaged 17 points which was lower than his regular season average. portland did a great job fronting yao.

10. roxstarz

roxstarz Member

This, plus his first coach told him he wouldn't last more than 5 season in the nba.

11. tinman

tinman Member
    Supporting Member

So how did we win the series if Yao only had one good game?

oh, having a good does not always mean scoring tons of points.

only the tracy fans define having a good game as scoring a bunch of points.

12. tinman

tinman Member
    Supporting Member

Yoyo is the most legit clutchfan here. he said Tmac will change his number and was told directly by Morey himself.

he's proven everything he says is legit.

1 person likes this.
  13. Convictedstupid

I'm pretty sure I would trust the outcome that 3 doctors decided on rather than one doctors opinion.

14. nachbarFTW

nachbarFTW Member

I agree with the poster, I am all for bringing him back once he's healthy and see what he can give to the team, maybe even resign him to a VERY low risk deal if he still has a little left. Worst case-scenario he comes back and absolutely stinks ( a la '08-'09) and we let his contract expire for the '10 free agency.
    JOE JOHNSON ANYBODY?

15. Miguel09

Miguel09 Member

T-mac is cursed it has nothing to do with Yao if T-Mac was on the team this year we probably play the Nuggets or Jazz in the First Round T-mac gets his 25 ppg but we still lose in the first round.

16. Houston22

Houston22 Member

I'd like to have him for cheap on Rockets for the next contract.

17. The_Yoyo

The_Yoyo Member

if it matters that much to you I did have pictures of tmac with my friends in cancun last summer and then of tmac with said "hotties" with my friends in the background

I would have posted them but my friends asked me not to because they wouldnt want their faces on a rockets website (they're laker fans) so out of respect for them I didnt.

Also as someone said above if multiple doctors said the same thing I would go with them.

I mean 9/10 dentists say chewing trident after eating helps fight plaque and gum disease...Tmac chooses the one dentists that says he should drink coke right after a meal.

Highly trained and renowned doctors arent going to risk their reputation when it comes to treating a high profile athlete like McGrady....If many of these doctors said the same thing they really could be onto something.

the point of my sarcastic "letter" was that tmac spent more time having fun last off season instead of trying to get back into shape for what should have been the most successful season he has had in the NBA (turned out that was the case anyway) he showed up out of shape without proper rehab and trying to play every other game resulted in re-aggravating the injury because he didnt properly strengthen the muscles around it after surgery.

I'm no med student but everyone I know who went through any sort of surgery went through pretty intense physical therapy right after to get back to 100%...Judging from the way Tracy showed up in camp its quite clear he didnt considering other athletes who had the same procedure had came back just as strong if not stronger post surgery.

18. bigreg

bigreg Member

Whatever. If he is legit with his jersey number change info, then big deal. Accusing a amrried man is a big deal and you don't go dropping that type of label on a guy all willy nilly. Plus he's had enough labels put on him based on your needless hatred. Now that's legit.

19. bigreg

bigreg Member

If that be the case then so be it. I have no problem saying that I stand corrected. But all of the hatred and bashing is pointless. I am a Rockets fan and I am a Tracy McGrady fan and I want to see him recover and help this team succeed. I'm just sick of all the hatred and bashing. My apologies for questioning your legitimacy. Think I'll let the board cool off, all this heat on the guy is pretty unsettling to me.

20. tinman

tinman Member
    Supporting Member

I saw Steve McNair at the Colorado in Houston when he was an Oiler here.
    Not saying he did anything wrong, but he was there by himself, not with the fellas.

And in Vegas?? Athletes (married or not) looking for tang?

that's like fish looking for water dude.