1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Battier: We Aren't Ready For Playoffs

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by TheGreat, Mar 16, 2009.

1. TheGreat

TheGreat Member

Rockets forward Shane Battier doesn't believe that his team is ready for the postseason.

"I wouldn't say we have it all figured out," Battier said when asked if Houston is playoff-ready. "We've won games on effort and that's good. Now we need to win games intellectually."

The Rockets are 43-25, the third-best record in the Western Conference.

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/sports/bk/bkn/6312839.html

2. Kwame

Kwame Member

From Memphis to Houston, Battier has consistently shown that he's not ready for the post-season. He has no room to speak on behalf of anyone else, especially in light of his poor play this season.

3. Northside Storm

Yay, Batman with his intangible reverse psychology!

your intangibility truly is an inspiration to our organization

4. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

Well getting out the first round can be done with effort but as you get deeper and deeper into the playoffs it becomes more intellectual but the bottom line is the Rockets need to get off the BS and get it done period. Screw all these excuses about not being ready... just get ready! Battier intellectually or by effort anyway you want to put it you need to score points at least 8-10 a game give us something! You don't have to be that intellectually sound to understand that.

5. The_Yoyo

The_Yoyo Member

he is right you know

6. tiger0330

tiger0330 Member

Somebody nicknamed 1 fer should not talk. Guy does not even try on the offensive end.

7. Dave_78

Dave_78 Member

I think we all know what he really meant.

It's on Shane!

8. OlajuwonShake34

We need Tracy right? :rolleyes:

9. RV6

RV6 Member

That's a cheap shot Kwame, it's not liek he's saying the rockets cant get past the first round. He's one of the players, not one of them will admit to just being content with getting past the first round, so anytime you talk about playoffs they're going to answer you as if you mean going all the way, and no this team isn't ready to go all the way.

10. Baqui99

Baqui99 Member

11. RV6

RV6 Member

It's weird how you didn't post his postseason stats to show they match those. I wonder why...

I swear some of you fans are sensitive, i hope they don't ask Brooks anything about the TEAM'S assists or you'll will hang him.

12. blink

blink Member

jesus, as i type this, battier missed 2 horrible 3's.

battier hasnt shown up in the playoffs, he hasnt shown up this season and he's been around for a while. it's fair to pass judgement on him now but not for brooks, yet.

he's right though, we arent ready.

13. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

The freakin BBS cult around here turns on a new guy everyday. Sad that you consider yourselves 'fans'.

14. AGBee

AGBee Member

Yeah, pretty unlikely he's going to find his 3 pointer in the next few weeks.

Ugh.

15. RV6

RV6 Member

Look up battier's postseason stats the last two years, its easy to just fly with whatever other posters are claiming, but you need to really look at his stats because he clearly showed up and even put up better numbers than his counterparts.

16. blink

blink Member

it's just as easy to google some stats as oppose to watching games. his mess ups are like his intangibles, they dont show up on the stat sheet. but hey, he does everything else decent and talks like a politician, so we give him a free pass too.

battier has been good to us, but this year we cant afford his slump. his intangibles dont make up for it anymore.

17. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

Who exactly do you think you are? You're not in the Rockets front office, so what difference does b****ing make? I'll tell you: none. We are not breaking any moral boundaries by supporting a guy on our team here. :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

18. blink

blink Member

i have a sand vagina removal kit if you need it. :D

where did i b****? i just said we cant afford battiers slump. sigh, rolling your eyes like a little girl

19. RV6

RV6 Member

So then explain what exactly he messed up? You wrote he didn't show up, that usually means he did nothing, as if he wasn't even there, yet he pretty much raised his stats all across the board. True, stats aren't everything, but they are relevant, so you can't claim he didn't show up when at least that part of his game was clearly present and above average.

If you have a problem with something specific he failed to do consistently in the playoffs, then that's fine, but your statement was far from the truth.

20. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Waa waa waa, lets bash Shane based on his playoff stats...
    Except... Championship teams have guys like Harper (LA run), Grant (LA run), Bowen, Perkins, etc...