1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

barbarian movies

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by The Voice of Reason, Dec 23, 2000.

1. The Voice of Reason

is there anything even close to the origional conan???

beast master was cool, but there is only one Barbarian, his name is Conan

[​IMG]

------------------
    Hanta-Force Paintball
    http://www.hanta-force.com

2. Joe Joe

Joe Joe Go Stros!
    Supporting Member

Hercules, I mean Kull is okay.

Red Sonja is worth watching.

------------------
    As the wise Ewok philosopher, Logray, once said, "yub yub"

3. Summer Song Giver

I'm looking forward to the Atilla the Hun movie on USA

------------------
    Principal Skinner to the school hamster after sending it into a snowstorm to rescue himself and the children"Nibbles,you made it!Now chew through my ball sack"
    Just some more brilliance brought to you courtesy of The Simpsons

4. DEANBCURTIS

DEANBCURTIS Member

I'm with the voice, in the barbarian field nothing comes close to Conan's movies.

------------------
    Ceo of the Walt Williams fan club. Web site coming soon

atheistalliance.org

5. fadeaway

fadeaway Member

What made the Conan the Barbarian movie so unbelievably great was that it stayed true to the spirit of Howard's stories. Plenty of wine, wenches, battle and blood. Arnie did a great job as Conan and, aside from that big indian guy in Predator maybe, I really can't see anyone else filling that role. I still get chills every time I hear Conan's "to hell with you" prayer to Crom just before the Battle of the Mounds. Great stuff. Also, the soundtrack was top notch, from the blood-pumping opening theme to the many emotional battle songs throughout. Definitely one of my favorite movie soundtracks, and I'm a big fan of movie music, so that's saying a lot.

It's too bad the sequel, Conan the Destroyer despite the presence of the late Wilt Chamberlain, absolutely sucked. It was nothing like the original. A huge disappointment.

Another movie I recommend is Clash of the Titans. It's based on the story of Perseus in Greek mythology and aside from a few cheesy scenes, is a highly entertaining movie.

By the way, if there are any Conan fans on here, why not check out my website? It's one of the better Conan sites on the web, though it hasn't been updated in ages.

<a href="http://home.thezone.net/~jgillard/">http://home.thezone.net/~jgillard/</a>

------------------
    My dream job is to be a Houston Rockets towel boy.

[This message has been edited by fadeaway (edited December 23, 2000).]

6. The Voice of Reason

fadeaway,

when by best friend got his DVD player the first disc we got was Conan (and braveheart the same day)

the DVD has so much cool stuff in it. alot of people think of it as a cheesey movie, but i concider it epic. the soundtrack like you say is amazing. actually worth owning.

as far as clash of the titans goes, I loved that movie as a kid. i bet if it were re-made with modern special effects, the minor cheese effect would be gone. but definately a verry good movie.

peace

------------------
    Hanta-Force Paintball
    http://www.hanta-force.com

7. Lynus302

Lynus302 Member

I loved both Conan movies, personally. Clash of the Titans was also great. I'd love to see a re-make of that one.

At the end of Conan the Destroyer, it says how Conan found his own queen and his own kingdom, but that is another story. I'd love to see a third movie. Its not like there is a shortage of Conan stories to draw from or something.

------------------
    Hey, I've got a new signature!

8. Lynus302

Lynus302 Member

Beastmaster was also one of my favs. The sequels sucked, though, as does that TV show of the same name.

------------------
    Hey, I've got a new signature!