1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Backcourt rotations

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by NotApollo33, Oct 6, 2013.

1. NotApollo33

NotApollo33 Member

Since everyone seems to be in agreement that Harden, Lin and Beverley are a terrific trio and will share minutes. What do you think are the minute structures given that the 3 will likely play all the 1s and 2s minutes.

Between 96 minutes.

I think:

Harden 36
    Lin 32
    Beverley 28

Given that AB and Brewer likely won't play many minutes.

2. CXbby

CXbby Member

editttnvmgoodidea

3. MaxRider

MaxRider Member

Harden 36
    Lin 30
    Beverley 30

4. NotApollo33

NotApollo33 Member

I still think Lin play a bit more the Bev.

Although Bev. could start also. Its about minutes played after all.

5. Rox23

Rox23 Member

Beverly was a pleasant surprise on offense tonight, making a number of very nice floaters and a three.

However...when he ran the point the offense was stagnant. It was all ISO's. It looks like the coaching staff this season is going to try to keep the ball out of Hardens hands and make him play off ball so that he can expend more energy on defense (asst. coach Chris Fitch even said this pointblank in a recent interview). With Lin this is fine; however Beverley is not a natural playmaker. I think when Bev replaces Lin at the point you almost have to put the ball back in Harden's hands...but which will of course tire him over the long haul.

Common sense would be then to allow Lin play the point for as long as possible. Bev deserves minutes so maybe play Bev at the 2 while Jeremy runs the point. Only in limited minutes allow Harden and Bev to play together and during those minutes let Harden have the ball.

6. hikanoo49

hikanoo49 Member

Harden 32
    Lin 32
    Beverley 32

7. NotApollo33

NotApollo33 Member

Dat Lin n Bev. offense is pretty sick tbh.

8. Voice of Aus

Voice of Aus Contributing Member

lin 48 everyone else doesnt matter

9. basketballholic

I concur with this. I think one of Lin/Harden has to be on the floor at all times. When Harden is off....Lin runs the offense from the top. Bev plays off the ball. Defensively you bring back Bev as the head of the snake.

One other possibility...I see Bev/Lin/Harden getting some minutes together with Harden moving down to the 3 and Parsons/whoever moving over to the 4. But all 3 of those guys should get 30+.

10. Tommyboys

Tommyboys Member

harden needs to get 36 at least
    lin realistically is gonna get around 25mins cant really imagine him playin in the 4th quarter
    beverly 25-28
    brooks and canaan 3-6mins