1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Ausmus as Astros Public Enemy #1?

Discussion in 'Houston Astros' started by JeeberD, Jul 6, 2005.

1. JeeberD

JeeberD Contributing Member

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/story?page=schoenfield/050705&num=0

Ausmus? Yeah, he can't hit a lick, but he works well with our pitchers and plays great D (though it's slipping in his old age).

Personally, I would have to go with Dan Miceli. The b*stard cost us a World Series visit last year with his miserable showing in the playoffs! :mad:

Edit: I would also have to give consideration to the Braves pitching staff of the mid to late nineties...

#1 JeeberD, Jul 6, 2005
    Last edited: Jul 6, 2005
  2. Puedlfor

Puedlfor Contributing Member

Kerry Wood, Michael Barret and Beltran/Boras - if we're only counting the last few years as that article would imply. Wood because he used to own us, and after we figured him out - he just starting beaning our guys. And Barret is a giant spaz.

3. BigM

BigM Contributing Member

his work with oswalt alone justifies him being on the team. it hurts a little more this year since our SIX hitter is adam everett but we should be able to carry him.

4. francis 4 prez

francis 4 prez Contributing Member

if we're going by what they've done to us, jim edmonds. i think he used to hit about .950 against us with a homer damn near every at bat. then he hits the game winning homer in game 6 last year and then makes a miraculous catch in game 7 that could've given us some runs but instead sucks all the life out of us. i can't say i really dislike him at all (especially after he made the greatest catch of all time while with the angels), but damn has he killed us.

i don't think drayton even actually owns the astros, he just rents them from jim.

5. benchmoochie

benchmoochie Contributing Member

let's not forget how miceli blew at least 5 games in last year's regular season.

6. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

Miceli was very solid in the regular season. I assume you mean the playoffs.

7. The Real Shady

The Real Shady Contributing Member

Russ Springer

8. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

brad ausmus is public enemy #1??

not even close!!!

9. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

There are no enemies on my own team. As a fan of the Astros, I love them all!!

10. LonghornFan

LonghornFan Contributing Member

My choice: Jimmy Williams, hands down.

11. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

Damn straight.

12. wrath_of_khan

wrath_of_khan Contributing Member

Pretty much every member of the 1986 Mets. Or Fred Brocklander.

What annoys me about the article is that the guy made some excellent and well-researched choices for several teams and then chose Ausmus for the Stros because he personally thinks Brad sucks.

Lame.

p.s. Jim Leyritz is also way up there on my "Stro hate list." Kevin Brown, too. Not to mention, as someone else already said, all the Braves' starters.

13. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Don't most of our pitchers call their own games?

Ausmus is a waste at the plate and he no longer has the strong throwing arm.

I wish we had a decent catcher.

DD

14. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

Go look at the other Ausmus thread and read Buck Turgidson's post about what Clemens said. If you can't believe the best living pitcher, then it's not worth discussing.

15. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

I have not read that thread...and clearly the Rocket knows WAY more than I...so if he is behind Ausmus than so be it.

DD

16. pugsly8422

pugsly8422 Contributing Member

I've got to nominate this for a "Classic Moment." If it doesn't go there, then it goes in my sig because it's SO TRUE! For the last few years I've known Edmonds as the "Astro Killer." Glad to see I'm not the only one who thinks this.

Pugs

17. yobod

yobod Member

For me, it would be every single Atlanta Braves team before last season :mad:

18. A-Train

A-Train Contributing Member

The entire 1998 postseason Astros lineup

19. juicystream

juicystream Contributing Member

Walt Weiss anyone?

20. gwayneco

gwayneco Contributing Member

I will believe the best living pitcher when that pitcher can actually prove to me Ausmus makes a difference. And, as I recall, the best living pitcher enjoyed a modest amount of success in his pre-Ausmus days.