1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Attention baseball sim-leaguers!

Discussion in 'Fantasy Sports' started by haven, Dec 22, 2001.

1. haven

haven Member

Just felt I owed you an update, since it sucks to be kept in the dark.

My mother recently purchased a new computer with Windows XP. Unfortunately, she also insisted on me installing AOL as her service since it's "so easy!" according to all of her friends. Argh!

In any event, AOL requires that you download some special version of it in order to function on XP. This is strange, since it lets you log on up to 3 times with the normal version. Weird!

Unfortunately, the AOL service in Lufkin, Texas is so execrable that I can't stay on-line long enough to download this. This means, I either have to wait for the CD to arrive in the mail that wil upgrade her AOL software, or run it on my old computer that only has 64 megs of Ram AND A 200mhz processor. Needless to say, I'm waiting.

Shouldn't be too long... hopefully. Thanks for being patient.

2. DVauthrin

DVauthrin Member

aol=easy?

that's a new one for me

No persuasion to dsl or cable(roadrunner) could work i take it :D

3. DEANBCURTIS

DEANBCURTIS Member

As long as this doesn't erase Kris Benson, everything is fine by me. :)

4. DVauthrin

DVauthrin Member

dean you may not be able to afford benson much longer, just letting you know

5. DEANBCURTIS

DEANBCURTIS Member

Granted I have a lot of players to bring back, but Kris will retire a Wakefield. :)

6. Castor27

Castor27 Moderator
    Staff Member

Haven,
    Do you can youget your school mail at home? I sent some stadium adjustments and need to know if i need to post them here or if you will get the email before we start the next session.

CK

7. HayesStreet

HayesStreet Member

I have a question about options for this sim. I feel like I'm at a disadvantage because I don't know what decisions I am able to make and which I'm not. Is there some site I can look at to see what options I have as an owner? I would love to make my homefield a pitchers park. How can I do that? And can you set your team's style (homer/walks or singles/base stealing for example)...:confused:

8. Zac D

Zac D Member

I'll tell you what I know, if that'll help. Firstly, you are able to adjust your park. What happens is, your park has "ratings", from (I assume) 0 to 200. These ratings include Avg. for RH, Avg. for LH, homers for RH, homers for LH, doubles for both, triples for both. Setting values at 100 means that your park is neutral. Setting, say, Avg. for RH at 110 means that right handed batters' averages will improve by 10% at your park relative to the league. It follows, therefore, that to make your home field a pitcher's park, you set the values to below 100... haven^ does this for you when you ask him to. The only word of caution I have is that he may be reluctant to change Yankee Stadium, because of the history, etc., but I could be totally wrong.

As far as the other options go, I know that you can set your team's base stealing frequency (ask haven^ for what options you have as far as that is concerned). That's all I know of, hope it eases your :confused: somewhat ;)

9. Nomar

Nomar Member

Haven- did you ever increase my seating capacity?

10. haven

haven Member

1. I do receive my email at home.

2. Only 1 change every 5 years is permitted.

3. You can build a new stadium once every 15 years, pending my approval. If you have a historic stadium, I probably won't give it.

4. I won't adjust too much in certain stadiums. No matter what castor does, his will always be a hitters stadium. Same with Nomar's, etc.

11. Manny Ramirez

Manny Ramirez The Music Man

haven,

What is Portland's stadium, i.e. is it a hitter's stadium or pitcher's one. Does it favor right-handers or left-handers. Can I request any changes to it?

Thanks

12. Anticope

Anticope Member

Haven:

I would like to request a switch to Texas.

13. DVauthrin

DVauthrin Member

haven i have a question

you remember how we pointed out hampton is on cleveland after his career was done by injury and he retired, i just found dempster in las vegas with the same thing

im not sure whats going on honestly, it just seems weird to me

14. haven

haven Member

anticope:

Why?

15. haven

haven Member

anticope emailed me. His switch is approved.