1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

(At The Game) T-Will's Attitude

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by bigbodymoe, Jan 1, 2012.

1. bigbodymoe

bigbodymoe Contributing Member

I always thought people's opinion of this guy's was a bit overblown, but after keeping an eye on him throughout the game tonight (courtesy of some awesome seats) I believe the guy is innately selfish and is ABSOLUTELY NOT a team first guy.

I understand an athlete may be frustrated by not receiving playing time, but by literally pouting and covering his face the entire game, as I witnessed tonight, he validated everyone's opinion that he's a me, me, me selfish punk who couldn't give two sh*** about his teammates success.

Allow me to give you a 2012 resolution Terrence Williams...Self reflect. This team doesn't need you nearly as much as you need it.

Moe

2. crimsonghost

crimsonghost Member

I am pretty sure it was consistency.

3. ch0c0b0fr34k

ch0c0b0fr34k Member

If what you say is true, goes to show how much he has improved...little. The first play I remember from him was Orlando, driving in the middle vs. 3 defenders and getting punted out of the paint with nothing to show.

However, he doesn't do it every single time he has the ball now, which is slightly better. Unfortunately, when he doesn't taliban down the middle he turns into a pass-only guard, which is just as bad.

But I am being too negative. He has grown a bit.

4. agentkirb87

agentkirb87 Member

I think he might just be a little frustrated because he knows he could find minutes in the line-ups of a lot of the teams in the NBA (especially ones that aren't already stacked with ball handling guards because of his point forward capabilities)... yet because our team is so deep, especially at the 1, 2, and 3 he doesn't get minutes by default.

That being said I'm not defending the guy. That's the whole point of Morey gathering together all of these "assets". Do you think Budinger would try as hard if he felt like he had no competition for the starter? Jordan Hill has a starting job, but with Dalembert breathing down his neck for minutes... he knows he really has to do his best out there.

5. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

Are you sure he was pouting? I mean, he just had naturally thick lips so maybe he just looks pouty?

2 people like this.
  6. BEAT LA

BEAT LA Member

3 coaches, 3 benches. This is the third time he's been on the bench for a new coach...I hope he gets it together soon. He's talented, but so many players in the NBA fall out of the league because they aren't patient enough to learn what it takes and do what is expected from them out there.

7. bigbodymoe

Watch him after Lowry's amazing block, for example. This guy is not a Houston Rocket, and Im not sure anyone can mold him into that.

Moe

8. crimmy88

crimmy88 Member

I'm kinda sad he didnt get any PT too. Something mustve happened in practice or something. Maybe he was late? I highly doubt the team has given up on him after just 3 games so it mustve been something off the court.

oh and he has something to say about not getting any PT (assumption)
    Terrence Williams
    TheRealTWill Terrence Williams
    I will remain professional, A New Year To you All-please call a cab before drinking and driving...The rest is history tomorrow is a mystery

1 person likes this.
  9. Kam

Kam Contributing Member

I finally picked it up in the middle of the third that he hasn't played a minute yet.

I didn't pay attention to the bench, but times when I have, he has cheered on the team and everything.

10. HorneR

HorneR Member

Was also at the game sitting on the floor.

He was pouting literally the entire game. Didn't stand during timeouts, didn't cheer, didn't talk to or even really acknowledge his teammates. At both halftime and the end of the game he walked straight for the tunnel ignoring everything going on around him -- the dude literally had some guy pat him on the shoulder and say what's up, and he flat out ignored it and kept walking.

Looks like he might be in the doghouse already, but he must've earned it.

11. Amel

Amel Contributing Member

I am not sure if I should add anything else to this thread :)

12. bigbodymoe

He clearly has the wrong idea of being a professional, or he just doesn't care. I wouldn't play him another minute until he fixes his attitude and aptitude so he can reach a higher altitude /Clyde Frazier

Moe

13. Warning-Sign

Warning-Sign Member

Don't forget, TWill's going to read this!!! Anyways, I don't see why for more than a year everyone keeps gloryfing him. Are y'all going to go another season like this, never realizing that he may not be as great as ya'll want him to be. Let it go.

14. johnstarks

johnstarks Member

This dude could benefit from seeing a sports psychologist and learn not to take things personally and turn everything into either a moment of self-aggrandizement when things are going ok or a moment of self-pity and blaming the world when he doesn't get his way. T-Will, the world is not against you--you just need to earn respect by being respectful.

Really hope Twill sees a shrink or a guru or something to help him sort things out--maybe World Peace can give refer him to the shrink he thanked after he took over when the Lakers won the championship.

15. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

TWill needs to develop a fairly consistent jumper

16. Spooner

Spooner Member

I was at the game tonight. He definitely looked frustrated. When a player was subbed out, everyone on the bench would give him a high five except for TWill. He and Marcus didn't really seem attentive during the timeouts either. It's a shame because I am really excited about having TWill on the team. The season is young and I am sure he will get the time to prove himself. And who knows,maybe we are reading too much into this. He is human afterall.

17. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

18. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

Was twill the one sitting after Lowry's block?

He tweeted after the game that he'd remain professional.....im guessing he's aware he didnt take it the best way and will keep cool.

19. Raven

Raven Member

One of Morey's worst moves?

20. Amel

Amel Contributing Member